Java/J2EE developer position

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

sam smith in Fayetteville, Georgia

89 months ago

I have java/j2ee developer position face to face interview with 3 development manager. What kind of interview is this, what kind of questions they usually ask. Are their any behavioural questions, written technical test,etc. please help my interview is on monday

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Wayne in Leander, Texas

89 months ago

I've interview three times in the last seven years, with small, independent companies. In each, I talked with several developers, answered tech questions, wrote a little code, and talked with managers. They generally try to find out if you're legit, easy to communicate with, personable. They all expect 50+ hours/week commitment (or more!)

If you are interviewing with a large company, they will likely have a more elaborate and structured process. Perhaps a personality test, though I've never met anyone who's had to take one. Some companies require drug testing, but I think that's rare.

Learn details about the company/product beforehand. Dress smart, well-groomed. Be relaxed, confident and honest. Let your personality show. If they won't like the real you, you won't like working there anyway. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cox Developer in Mission Viejo, California

87 months ago

I work for Cox and have work there for many years as a programmer/developer. Wayn'es comments are almost spot on. Good suggestions for nay interview. Cox is a manadory drug test house. If you don't pass the wiz quiz you don't stay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

The Truth in Trabuco Canyon, California

83 months ago

Cox is a pos company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.