Jobs available at Cox Communications - Phoenix

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

denise michaud

101 months ago

I applied for a traffic supervisor position in Tucson, Az. I found your recruiter very rude.
She called and left me a message to call her. Then after (2) weeks of repeated calls & no response I contacted Human Resources. The recruiter then called and made a point of saying that she received about 12 emails to call me. I had a phone interview with her and then I was to call back to receive a time & date for another interview with someone else.
I was told 10 minutes and she would call me back it's been (3) weeks & two days & 10 minutes since that phone call. I found her to be very rude and unprofessional!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Khristine Anderson in Peoria, Arizona

101 months ago

Hi Denise,

Please accept my sincere apology for the manner in which you were treated. You sound frustrated and angry and, of course, you have reason to be. The lack of courteous and professional behavior by the recruiter you mentioned is suprising. Cox Communications emphasizes considerate and fair treatment of all applicants. If you'd like specific information about your application, please feel free to contact me directly at either <Edited by Host: Contact info removed>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ang in Garland, Texas

100 months ago

Hello Khristine, I have been employed by Cox in Texas and Kansas and I have a good file with the company and enjoy working for Cox very much. I have recently applied for a position in Phoenix that I am very well qualified for and have actually held the position with Cox before in the past and did well at it then too. I thought that since I do already have a file with the company and in good standing, I would have had a phone call or something by now. I am currently in Texas, trying to relocate to Phoenix. I was wondering if the fact that I am not local is the reason I have not been considered. I don't expect Cox to relocate me for the position, but I want to be sure that my distance doesn't mean that I am not considered especially seeing as how I am already so familiar with it. I could be in Phoenix within one week if an offer was made. Is me applying from out of state killing my chances???

100 months ago

Hi,
Thank you so much for your note. Usually, previous employees eligible for rehire and current Cox employees are given consideration over other applicants. Relocation wouldn't be much of an issue and shouldn't prevent a hiring manager contacting you. Would you mind emailing me at <Edited by Host: Contact info removed> with your full name? I'll check out the status of your application and, if necessary, draw the hiring manager's attention to your skills and background.
Thank you so much,
Khristine

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Amy Marquez in Mesa, Arizona

100 months ago

Dear Khristine,

I applied yesterday for the Webmaster position open at Cox in Arizona. Is there a way to help my application stand out in the sea of applications you may be receiving.

One of my husband's cousins works for Cox and is always very complimentary about the work environment. It sounds like a very good company at which to build your career.

Best regards,
Amy Marquez
<Edited by Host: Contact info removed>

100 months ago

Hi Amy,

Thank you so much for your note. Yes there is a way. Ask your husband's cousin to put in a good word for you via email to the recruiter working on that position. If he has any questions about how to find that recruiter, please ask him to let me know and I'll direct him to the right person.

Best of luck to you in your job search!

Khristine

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Amy Marquez in Mesa, Arizona

100 months ago

Khristine,

Thanks so much for the information!

-Amy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

100 months ago

You are very welcome!

Khristine

Andrew in Atlanta, Georgia

100 months ago

Hi Khristine,

Do you know the name (phone number/email address) of the Cox recruiter in Atlanta?
Thanks for your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

HR dude in Lyndhurst, Virginia

100 months ago

Hello Khristine Anderson,

I had applied for an HR director position several time in Virginia, but received no response. Nonetheless, I am very impressed with the way you are handling applicants' concerns. This shows caring and professionalism. kudos to you, and since you are representing Cox, to hem as well.

100 months ago

Hi,

Thank you so much for your note.

Woud you email me directly at <Edited by Host: Contact info removed> with your full name? I'll find the hiring team info and direct you to the appropriate recruiter. Thanks again - have a great day!
Khristine

Nina in Germantown, Maryland

97 months ago

Hi Khristine,

You are very good. I have a job, but I am always looking. I am just impressed with your professionalism and just thought that I would post a note saying so. You are going to attract quality people because you are so professional.

Regards and a big thumbs up from me!!

Khristine Anderson in Phoenix, Arizona

97 months ago

Thank you so much for your note. It's wonderful to be appreciated.

Thank you again - have a great day.

Richard Armstrong in Mesa, Arizona

97 months ago

Hi Khristine,

I applied the CSR Tech Support position in Phoenix, AZ on Thurs.
Bearing in mind that there are mounds of applications given everyday, could you help in finding out if a recruiter has it and I might be getting a call soon. Might you look up my name and application to forward to the right person.

Thanks,

Richard Armstrong
<Edited by Host: Contact info removed>

John E. Robinson, II in Surprise, Arizona

96 months ago

Hello Khristine:

Thanks for your commitment to assist people in getting plugged into Cox Communications in order to maximize their talents. I am writing inquiring about an available position with Cox Communications in Surprise, AZ or surrounding areas. I have recently completed my Master's Degree in Organizational Leadership at Geneva College in Beaver Falls, PA. I am from the Pittsburgh, PA area and anticipating an opportunity to relocate. What positions are available with a comparable based salary that will make my degree usable. Please contact me at <Edited by Host: Contact info removed> I look forward to your response.

Ang in Phoenix, Arizona

96 months ago

John E. Robinson, II in Surprise, Arizona said: Hello Khristine:

Thanks for your commitment to assist people in getting plugged into Cox Communications in order to maximize their talents. I am writing inquiring about an available position with Cox Communications in Surprise, AZ or surrounding areas. I have recently completed my Master's Degree in Organizational Leadership at Geneva College in Beaver Falls, PA. I am from the Pittsburgh, PA area and anticipating an opportunity to relocate. What positions are available with a comparable based salary that will make my degree usable. Please contact me at <Edited by Host: Contact info removed> I look forward to your response.

Hi, If you look at the past posts here, I have left one before and found that while Kristine is and was quite helpful, she is only one person and unfortunately, she is just one step and her good attitude doesn't apply throughout the rest of the phoenix market. I was already with Cox for several years and my husband's job was bringing us to Phoenix from Texas. I had alot to offer for a position that not many people do and thought it would be easiest for me to just stick with the company since I do like Cox as a company, but if you are from out of state they really won't bother with you. I did finally get a phone call months after another Phoenix media company hired me and I moved and started my new job.... THEN Cox-Phoenix gave me call as though they were only calling because HR pointed it out. I have worked for many large media companies, tv,radio and Cox as a whole was a very impressive company to work for, but after re-locating and people within local media industry here telling me that I actually "dodged a bullet" by not getting on at Cox-Phoenix, I am shocked. My advice to you is if you are open to relocation, do look for a job within Cox to grow with, because it is typically a great company, but your best bet is probably in another market other than Phoenix.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

MRG564 in Diamond Bar, California

85 months ago

Hi Khristine.

I am relocating to the Los Angeles area later this month and have an interview/testing scheduled with Cox for the Tech Solutions Rep position in the Rancho Santa Margarita office
(North of San Diego) on the 22nd. What exactly does this position do on a daily basis outside of the job description that was on the Cox website? More importantly, is the position more like a CSR role? If so then its not for me and I would like to know that beforehand to withdraw and wait on my other applications pending with Cox. I have several applications in with Cox in the Southern California area and am coming from a Global Managed Service NOC for Verizon in Ohio where I am management level without reportees. I alos have over 10years experience in telecom overall. Would this position be a major step down from where I am currently or a reasonable stepping stone? Please advise. As the above bloggers stated you are by far an EXCELLENT "face" for Cox and if everyone in California is as pleasant and professional as you are I will truly enjoy my new home and career with Cox. Thanks for your time.