How to get a job at Cox Communications.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (32)

Host

Do you work at Cox Communications? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Scott in Carrollton, Texas

91 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Cox Communications? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I have no idea...I have over 10 years as a PM and probably 15 years more as a project coordinator in construction and IT idustries and I haven't even gotten a call back...I think there looking for people who will work cheep! after all, they get what they pay for!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

AZJames in Phoenix, Arizona

67 months ago

Scott in Carrollton, Texas said: I have no idea...I have over 10 years as a PM and probably 15 years more as a project coordinator in construction and IT idustries and I haven't even gotten a call back...I think there looking for people who will work cheep! after all, they get what they pay for!

You have to apply online. You have several phone interviews. The interviewers are not professionals, and are asking questions off a sheet. You MIGHT get a phone call or and email, or you may not. ALWAYS check you online profile EVERYDAY! It might take a month or more to even get called in for a live interview. The interviewer might not know how to interview, and they may act arrogant, but they know what they want. Be professional, and confident, and if they like you, you will have to take a drug test and go through a background check. It's that simple. Only those with patience and professionalism will prevail.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

AZJames in Phoenix, Arizona

67 months ago

Scott in Carrollton, Texas said: I have no idea...I have over 10 years as a PM and probably 15 years more as a project coordinator in construction and IT idustries and I haven't even gotten a call back...I think there looking for people who will work cheep! after all, they get what they pay for!

You have to apply online. You have several phone interviews. The interviewers are not professionals, and are asking questions off a sheet. You MIGHT get a phone call or and email, or you may not. ALWAYS check you online profile EVERYDAY! It might take a month or more to even get called in for a live interview. The interviewer might not know how to interview, and they may act arrogant, but they know what they want. Be professional, and confident, and if they like you, you will have to take a drug test and go through a background check. It's that simple. Only those with patience and professionalism will prevail. Oh and another thing, there seems to be a certain isolated culture at COX, and you must want to become part of it, so you need to check your ego in at the door.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Heather Larsen in Surprise, Arizona

66 months ago

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how indep the background check is for Cox Communication?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

coqui04 in Virginia Beach, Virginia

62 months ago

To anybody who has worked for Cox before...my question is..I applied for a Tech support position last week and just received an email yesterday to continue onto the next step of the application..does this mean i will eventually get an interview??? If so..what's it like?? How's it like working in that position??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HMDesignGroup in Phoenix, Arizona

62 months ago

I had an assessment on 7/22 and received a missed call on 7/28 with no message and no way of returning their call. I applied for the Home Service Tech. Any ideas on what I should do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HMDesignGroup in Maricopa, Arizona

62 months ago

So I passed the assessment and have a face-to-face interview next week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

muchfaith in Lake Forest, California

61 months ago

So how did your interview go. I have one this week!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

HMDesignGroup in Peoria, Arizona

59 months ago

I haven't been on here for awhile but I got the job. The interview was easy as they ask the standard questions like you experience, customer service, ect.

59 months ago

Congratulations! I have applied for at least 10 jobs at Cox. Got one face to face interview, no job! Still haven't heard on the other one they had me fill out an application for.... have probably another 4 or so that I haven't heard a thing on yet......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

practice Kindness in San Juan Capistrano, California

59 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Cox Communications? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Don't expect Cox to be a company that really cares for its employees. They will let you go at the drop of a hat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

simplytechnical Networking in SoCal, California

58 months ago

practice Kindness in San Juan Capistrano, California said: Don't expect Cox to be a company that really cares for its employees. They will let you go at the drop of a hat.

That goes for all companies the last I checked! Its either truly a business decson or plitics..those that escape either have to consider themselves blessed :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dude somewhere in baton rouge, Louisiana

58 months ago

I worked for them for 6 years, they crap on all their employees. I was climbing the ladder quickly, then they re-structured the company and I was turned into a nobody overnight. Do your'e best to stay away from this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

YouveGotToBeKiddingMe in Tucson, Arizona

55 months ago

I still work there and when I say run? RUN! You will not like this job. You will hate your job. I give it 1 year, if that. I am being nice. And previously I worked for a company like Cox services and I LOVED that Job however they left Tucson. This experience made me want to work for COX.. I never hated a job so much in my life and I am not alone there. You can see it on their faces.. RUN!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

well I applied for at least 10 jobs and got inhouse interviews for 2. I was totally qualified for the jobs. I've had all the cox services for at least 10 years and I've totally technology oriented and still didn't get either of the jobs interviewed for. I don't think thier looking for quality employees...... Not sure what their looking for but for the most part I have never been impressed with thier emploees.When the installed my phones they put bg holes in the garage ceiling and attached the phone jacks to the wall with double stick tape.... you know what happened to those. Nice crappy work. In the last year I have had them out for repairs at least 4 times and finally the last tech did the work right and was amazed the other 2 never went in the attic and all the equiptment up there was bad and in need of replacement. So I won't ne working there...................

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Toani in El Cajon, California

26 months ago

I just moved to the El Cajon area and I applied at Cox for afew positions. Can I get any feed back of what to expect and what's the starting salary? I use to work for AOL Time Warner and I really enjoyed the work. The only response I've received was to complete application online.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

thomas gibbs in Atlanta, Georgia

26 months ago

I applied for quite a few Cox positions also and received the same email. It hasn't led anywhere yet but I did get a little excited because it meant someone looked at my app and resume finally. I have a great deal of this type of experience so I was expecting a relatively quick call back since they are hiring. The process seems slow....I sincerely hope the company is worth it. Any idea on what they pay their techs?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

ITS ME in Las Vegas, Nevada

24 months ago

It takes FOREVER for them to follow up with a phone call after you've been selected. Most the time that process take forever too. Be prepared to hear nothing up to several months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jaded_heart in Albuquerque, New Mexico

23 months ago

Yes I know I applied for Tech Support got an email to call them but it took over 2 weeks for the recruter to call me back....too late for job. :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sunshine in San Diego, California

13 months ago

I had applied last month and forgot all about it. Then they called me last Wednesday and I had a quick phone interview and I completed two assessment tests online. Thursday they called me and said I had an interview for last Saturday. Then Monday they called and offered me the position. I start training in two weeks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

HireMePlease in San Diego, California

13 months ago

Sunshine in San Diego,

What position did you go for? I went for customer care rep, applied online, got another email asking me to fill out another application, then within a few hours of doing that I got a call for a phone screening a week ago. I was told I'd get a call the next day and if not to email the guy but then he didn't give me an email address...I'm still waiting. Sucks because he sounded like I was going to move forward...and he was asking me about my availability and liked that I was available. I saw another available position so I went for that too. I wish they would just say yes or even no so I can stop hoping. I really wanted that job.

ramon vega in Chula Vista, California

13 months ago

HireMePlease in San Diego, California said: Sunshine in San Diego,

What position did you go for? I went for customer care rep, applied online, got another email asking me to fill out another application, then within a few hours of doing that I got a call for a phone screening a week ago. I was told I'd get a call the next day and if not to email the guy but then he didn't give me an email address...I'm still waiting. Sucks because he sounded like I was going to move forward...and he was asking me about my availability and liked that I was available. I saw another available position so I went for that too. I wish they would just say yes or even no so I can stop hoping. I really wanted that job.

Hello, I had a interview on Tuesday and didn't receive a call back. :( but I also applied for another position and today I received a call on a different position. Hopefully I get a job. And good luck on the interview if you have one. It did took me about 2 weeks before I actually got a interview.

13 months ago

HireMePlease in San Diego, California said: Sunshine in San Diego,

I applied for the customer service call center rep

13 months ago

I applied for the customer service call center rep.

13 months ago

I also want to add that from the initial phone interview, assessment tests, face to face interview, job offer, drug test, background check- all in that order, it took 11 days. All during that time, the HR people kept in contact with me through phone calls and emails letting me know each step in the progress. So I was thrilled when they called me today to say my background check was complete. It took just 3 days for the background check.

13 months ago

The same recruiter I spoke to for the customer care position also called me for the retail solutions position, remembered me and decided to move me forward to the assessment portion, which I passed, and now I have an interview next week! Any pointers?!?

13 months ago

Hiremeplease,

remember to smile and keep eye contact. they will ask you some routine questions but they will all be geared towards customer service. it would help if you actually like helping people because it will show. They will also ask you towards the end as to why they should hire you. please don't say you need a job or you want to work there, they already know that. This is where you sell yourself so make it count. they might even ask you to pretend to sell one of them some cox service to practice now and know your cox cable products. when they ask do you have any questions for them say yes and ask them something intelligent. do not say no. I hope this helps you and good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

I had my interview yesterday for the retail solutions position. Besides the fact that I was early and had to wait 30 minutes past my scheduled interview time, I'd say the interview went pretty well. There were three panelists, they asked simple customer service questions, asked me questions about my resume, asked me questions about what I did at my previous job. All in all I could say that it was a very conversational interview, as if I were talking to some people I already knew. I felt like it went very well. Now all I can do is play the waiting game and keep applying elsewhere until I hear back.

13 months ago

ramon vega in Chula Vista, California said: Hello, I had a interview on Tuesday and didn't receive a call back. :( but I also applied for another position and today I received a call on a different position. Hopefully I get a job. And good luck on the interview if you have one. It did took me about 2 weeks before I actually got a interview.

Have you heard back?

ramon vega in Chula Vista, California

13 months ago

HireMePlease in San Diego, California said: Have you heard back?

yes, today they called me and offered me the position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

Congrats! Which position?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.