Creative Circle NYC is AWFUL - Avoid at all Costs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

JobSeeker in Jersey City, New Jersey

59 months ago

I applied to a position offered by Creative Circle that I was an ideal candidate for. After two weeks, they contacted me and demanded an interview. I say demanded because they said "If you can't come tommorow, don't come at all."

Great.

The interviewer couldn't pronounce the job title and said she had no idea which type of company offered the position. In spite of this, they scheduled an interview for me a month or so later. An hour before the interview, they emailed (not called me) and told me that the Interviewed had canceled earlier that week (where they obviously has forgotten to notify me).

This place is the most unprofessional recruiting company I have ever worked with.
I believe any other agency would have a least been able to schedule an interview.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nyc in Tampa, Florida

45 months ago

I sent one of their recruiters an email off Craigslist. They had an auto responder still turned on from the previous month. I didn't even bother reading their reply. They SPAM Craigslist all the time with positions and don't reply to people. I am a well qualified person too. It used to be, business knew to at least acknowledge that they read your submissions manually. That way, you knew to keep interest. Don't even bother with Creative Circle. Just another chop shop machine like temp agency.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

That Guy in Brooklyn, New York

37 months ago

They're terrible! They've had my resume for months now and have never called me even though I've seen and responded to several positions I was VERY qualified for. Most recently, I went through the trouble of breaking down the job description line for line with a response of why I'm qualified... Item for item from their job description and still can't get a call from them. All I get is the bounce back automated email and the same BS from their snooty receptionist when I try to follow up on something I've replied for.

They have reposted jobs that had a start date TWO WEEKS PRIOR to the date when they reposted rather than call me when it required skills I have 11 years of experience with, to the letter, word for word. According to the person who answers their phones if I was qualified a recruiter would've contacted me. Yeah right. Either they didn't even see my resume or the job doesn't exist. Why would they continuously repost it rather than giving someone with my experience a call?

I have no doubt that they post fake jobs and spam the job sites to collect resumes and information and fatten their applicant pool to make themselves look better to companies they can potentially recruit for. Many agencies do this and Creative Circle reeks of it.

They suck, they're rude and extremely unprofessional.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl in Norwood, New Jersey

34 months ago

I have to agree -- avoid CC if you can. Not a good headhunter/placement agency at all! They will low ball you and then claim thaey own you for months or even years! Be very careful and try to avoid them regardless of city...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Oh yeah in Hoboken, New Jersey

29 months ago

CC is a waste of time. The recruiters are kids off the street with know advertising, marketing or media knowledge.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Blue in Kew Gardens, New York

15 months ago

I had a similiar experience with CC. I applied through their eblasts for a position that I thought would be a good match. A recruiter contacted me and said she would pass along my resume to the client. The recruiter emailed me late at night to come in the next morning for the interview and I said I would be happy to go but with a reasonable amount of lead time --- say at least 8 hours! I then received a nasty email saying how unprofessional I was yada yada yada.......they said that the job was now filled and next time I should jump on these jobs. Meanwhile, later that day they sent out the same job posting.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

jm in Forest Hills, New York

8 months ago

"I had a similiar experience with CC. I applied through their eblasts for a position that I thought would be a good match. A recruiter contacted me and said she would pass along my resume to the client. The recruiter emailed me late at night to come in the next morning for the interview and I said I would be happy to go but with a reasonable amount of lead time --- say at least 8 hours! I then received a nasty email saying how unprofessional I was yada yada yada.......they said that the job was now filled and next time I should jump on these jobs. Meanwhile, later that day they sent out the same job posting......."

Hahaha, I now remember they did something similar. I said, "I have a root canal that morning" and they replied "just go in the afternoon." :/ Thankfully the client had a sense of humor.

But yes, it's obvious the email blast format is their talent-end bait & switch tactic. As I just mentioned in another thread, well-meaning employers are only aware that CS makes their freelance payroll needs fairly easy.

I once corresponded with a very nice person from Flexjobs after discontinuing my membership. I explained that a lot of us in the freelance world still work with 1099s or W4s as opposed to sole proprietorship for certain reasons, and that payroll companies pretending to be recruiters tend to guard these listings. Unfortunately he didn't think Flexjobs would expand in this area, but said it was a great idea. Can you imagine?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Call Me Ishmael in Plainfield, New Jersey

4 months ago

Wow. Many thanks for the heads up. Any suggestions where employers can find legit versions of Creative Circle to reach no-nonsense professionals, both on the talent and HR sides?

AnnoyedUnemployedandFrustated in Mount Vernon, New York

4 months ago

Call Me Ishmael in Plainfield, New Jersey said: Wow. Many thanks for the heads up. Any suggestions where employers can find legit versions of Creative Circle to reach no-nonsense professionals, both on the talent and HR sides?

Artisan is hands down, the most professional.

I would recommend Aquent as well, but their new Vitamin T branch is God Awful and Aquent seems to be going down hill.

Sadly, I'm not sure who else I could recommend. I think Atrium is the second in command, followed by Adecco. All three of those agencies just so wonderful and professional, and they don't utilize the same tricks other agencies use. So stick with those alternatives, if you can.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Call me confused in Long Island City, New York

3 months ago

I don't know what these advertising recruiters are doing, but I'm working with The Creative Group, Aquent, Vitamin T, Artisan, and many other B2B recruiters as well.

I have a great book and have also have a wealth of B2B experience.

But when I email these people--no one ever replies. Even when my skills are a perfect match.

An acquaintance told me all she ever got from them is a "0 hours worked" paystub--though she's never worked for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

aro12 in Selden, New York

3 days ago

If you really don't want a job at all--by all means go with creative circle.

All they do is e-mail you jobs all day. There is absolutely no follow through with recruiters there. They are completely pointless and completely unprofessional.

This place is a huge waste of time.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.