What's the company culture at CREE?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at CREE?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at CREE?

Reply - Report abuse

dsinral in Durham, North Carolina

103 months ago

LONG HOURS!!!!!

I've worked for less than a year at Cree and trying to get out. They expect you to work overtime with no notice, work weekends, there is no life - work balance.

You can dress very casual, but it doesn't make up for the bad working situation. Turnover is high, but managers don't seem to care, "it's the Cree way" is the saying.

I wouldn't recommend working here.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

tough90zx in Greensboro, North Carolina

102 months ago

dsinral, what department within Cree are you a part of? I had some phone interviews with them this week. I didn't make it past the phone screen for the first position. We'll see what happens with the next two.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

gotfreed in Tucson, Arizona

75 months ago

tough90zx in Greensboro, North Carolina said: dsinral, what department within Cree are you a part of? I had some phone interviews with them this week. I didn't make it past the phone screen for the first position. We'll see what happens with the next two.

It does not matter what department you are working at CREE. It is Awful, just Google work culture at CREE and read all the posts. You go from bad dept to awful dept. The management work you hard and claim they work hard. Consider yourself will be experiencing slavery old fashion factory. I am out and i am so happy.People generally leave than getting fired. I prefer to sell my soul than work for CREE. In this economy people (including myself) do anything, and they know it and they take advantage of people.Cree doe not employ technical people from NC since they have a reputation at RTP area. Only human resources are from NC. daaaaaaaaaaaaa

Reply - Report abuse

aliad in Durham, North Carolina

70 months ago

I disagree completely about Cree. I was a temp at Cree for a year, so naturally being on a temp contract was awful. The low wages and lack of benefits meant I could barely eat and pay utilities.

However, Cree is known for having a good corporate culture. The hours can be long for some, but in general the people there seem pretty content. Cree is known for having excellent benefits and other corporate advantages (a gym, stock options, career development).

The production jobs and other "support" positions seem more difficult. The production jobs are on a 12-hour schedule, and those jobs seemed to be tiring and demanding. After talking to people, my understanding is that Cree is not a notably worse place to do shift work.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

gthorn228 in Cary, North Carolina

40 months ago

Cree is not a place I can recommend. I am a current employee. Management states they are behind the employees but too many managers have no processes and just dont care. The work has to get done. Move fast. We dont care about any processes so everyone works there tail off and everyone does each others jobs. It is very frustrating. Communication seems to be the worst of any company I have been with. I have been trying to move to another dept for the past 6 months. They dont like internal transfers and promotions are next to impossible. It is better to stear clear of this company.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.