How to get a job with great career accomplishments and experience, while finishing B.S. Degree? Help!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

andre.jimenez@live.com in Newington, Connecticut

36 months ago

I pursued my B.S. in Business Administration minoring in Computer Science from '99 - '03; however a life threating accident left me hospitalized and wounded for months, not allowing for me to finish my degree. With an outstanding sales track record selling health memberships during this college, I transitioned to the Financial Industry selling financial products and services for a retail bank. I aggressively worked my way up through performance and by '07, I enrolled into an expensive, but amazing private college to finish my degree; 71 credits were transferred from prior school. Concurrently I landed a management position with one of the largest retail banks in Northern New England and as always, my performance and achievements moved me three levels up in a short time-frame: far exceeding all goals in growing personal and business deposits, selling Mortgages, Home Equity Loans, Commercial Loans, and becoming a Licensed Advisor, I now firmly believe that one is victim of one's success. I was laid off in late '10 for reasons that may amaze Hiring Managers. Although I was encouraged to pursue my education when I started, as my responsibilities grew, that encouragement fell to the point that I was "un-officially asked to leave". It has been almost one year now and interviewed with no less than 20 companies and not one single offer has been made... My school schedule does not conflict with any working hours, I carry a portfolio with tangible proof of my successes if needed, I can probably write a book on interviewing etiquette by now, and I have reached the end of the line. Facebook, LinkedIn networking... every day. It is obvious that I have a unique case; however if anyone can provide any insight or suggestions, I am in debt with you forever. Specially after taking the time to read all this! Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.