What's the company culture at Cummins?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Cummins?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Cummins?

Reply - Report abuse

Smoke in Cordova, Tennessee

90 months ago

This is a friendly but high stress work environment. Promotions are only granted to those that work alot of overtime and hang onto coat tails of management. Hard work and knowledge will not get you ahead here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

MarkinIN in Holton, Indiana

79 months ago

Has the culture changed any with the recent improvements in their business?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

virgil yancey in Memphis, Tennessee

78 months ago

Smoke in Cordova, Tennessee said: This is a friendly but high stress work environment. Promotions are only granted to those that work alot of overtime and hang onto coat tails of management. Hard work and knowledge will not get you ahead here.

You are absolutely correct. I was chosen for an interview in Minnesota, and I chose to fly up there to be interviewed by a panel there. They looked so HIGH stressed, and the panel interview was a joke.

I do not know what it is about those panel interviews, but from my standpoint, if you got five people on that panel, and let's say one person likes you, and the others don't you are fried.

Because the person that likes you, like you said, will hang on to the manager's coat tail, I guess from fear of not being part or conforming with the crowd.

I only had one lady that thought I was a great match for the position I was being interviewed for, mind you I did not pay for anything, Cargill took care of all the expenses, even paid for my meals.

Outside of that I have no problems with them, except they looked highly stressed out, or maybe a little threatened by someone being introduced with the possibility of joining their sweat shop.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.