CVS/Pharmacy Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 72 of 72)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

Thania in Florida

35 months ago

Laney in Orlando, Florida said: I work For CVS in Florida and have been with the company for 20yrs. And I must say that I am happy to be with a company that long. Even though there are some long days, your store is only as good as you make it. I work 45-50 hours a week, manage to take my 2 days off, have some holidays off and do get to actually take my 4 weeks vacation. Yes, the work load is alot harder now but if you manage your store correctly, then you shouldn't run into too many issues. Hire and train the right people, lay down your expectations and inforce teamwork. There are days when I would like to quit, but, if I haven't quit now, chances are, I'm a lifer. It's not that bad as long as you know how to manage your store correctly.

I m happy for you Laney, i am Ft Lauderdale try to get a job with CVS can you tell me what are the process of getting a Job at CVS, I did an application a while back I haven’t heard anything I decided to do another one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Tired01 in Easton, Pennsylvania

34 months ago

Tired01 in Easton, Pennsylvania said: Here is something that I came across.. After 16yrs with the company.. I haven't been sooo exhausted in my life.. 60-70hrs a week.. I'm separated and have two girls.. and I hardly see them now.. but I'm looking for another job.. I used to love CVS.. but not anymore.. I HATE retail.. there was a time when I used to go in early and knock out all these tasks before opening.. now, I just hit the snooze button.. when is enough ENOUGH
www.righettilaw.com/CVS-Store-Manager-Overtime-Cases.shtml

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

www.righettilaw.com/CVS-Store-Manager-Overtime-Cases.shtml
I also found this.. because of the Assistant Manager Lawsuit, it made me wonder about Store Managers.. I don't mind every once in awhile doing extra time.. but now, its consistant.. I will NEVER get those hours back..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

SGT G in Ladera Ranch, California said: OK bottom line CVS is the Pharmacy retail equivalent to WALMART! Decent prices many locations, poor employer not worth your time! Readers beware this is a company that is more concerned about making more profit for their Stock holders & Upper management than completing its company ?Mission,? of improving the quality of life for customers and staff? what a load of crap! Highlights include tons of work for a little more than minimum wage, plenty of aggravation, majority of stores are understaffed, high turn-over due to poor benefits, unprofessional management, company does not promote from with, many cases of favors & fraternizing between all management & staff in exchange for hours/ seniority/ & work load, poor teamwork, too many rules & not enough productivity to say the least.

Moreover, I?m not complaining or whining; simply passing on insider information to the readers of this website. Honestly, I quit CVS because dealing with these issues was not worth my meager hourly wage. (I even took a pay-cut.)

www.righettilaw.com/CVS-Store-Manager-Overtime-Cases.shtml A site to check out for Store Managers.. and I'm guessing it doesn't matter what State you're from.. I'm doing more work then ever...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

BrianW in Farmingville, New York

32 months ago

CVS has been in cost cutting mode for the last few years. Yearly raises are now only 2-3%. Not sure if its just my District or not, but they have also been implementing pay caps on all store level positions (top out pay and starting pay caps)!

*Depending on experience, people in my store have generally been starting off at:
Cashier: $7.25 - $9
Beauty Advisor: $8 - $9
PSA & Pharmacy Technician: $8 - $9.50
Shift Supervisor & Photo Supervisor: $10 - $13
Assistant Manager & Store Manager: Salary may vary, but we had 2 Shift Supervisors in our store promoted to Assistant Manager and they both started at a little over $40,000/year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ManagerJoe in Columbus Area, Ohio

31 months ago

Former 8 year CVS Store Manager here.....you speak the truth! When I had to stop paying the window washing person $50 a month to come clean my store windows, that was the last straw.
Yes, my DM told me the company couldn't afford that, and I had to buy a bucket and squeegee and do it myself. What a joke.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Abilene, Texas

31 months ago

Dirty Jersey in Hackettstown, New Jersey said: YOU DON'T PUNCH IN. Thus there's no one keeping tabs. You work 15 hours... you get paid for 45. Your work 75 hours... guess what?... you get paid for 45. you work 43 get paid for 45, you work 46 guess what... exactly. It all depends on how you work it, .

One of the problems with this is that in some areas, you are required to work "AT LEAST" 45 hours since you will be paid for them. I spent time in two "areas" in the company and in both we were required to work at least 45 hours. In one of those areas, we were required to go to a monthly store managers' meeting that generally last 8-10 hours. Those hours did not count toward your 45. We were reminded this at each meeting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ManagerJoe in Columbus Area, Ohio

31 months ago

You are correct Bob in Abilene---when you had your District Meetings, there was pretty much no chance of taking a day off that week. I would have the meeting from like 9a-4p and then have to go to the store and work until close. Nothing like a 13-14 hour day. It's just ridiculous. So glad I got out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Joshua Beadle in Oreland, Pennsylvania

29 months ago

Wilton Butler in Silver Spring, Maryland said: I've been with CVS for 10 years, first and only job right out of high school. I've been a store manager for about 7 months and I was an assistant manager for about 4 years. I'm 28 years old and I feel like I'm 40 because of this job. A regular work week consists of at LEAST 70-80 hours if u intend on getting the extensive amount of tasks and requirements completed. Honestly in my opinion this company does not care about their employees at all. I do understand we are in the business of profitability but how can you, over the course of a year, cut the budgeted back by 100 hours a WEEK (not a month) and increase the workload excessively just about every 2 months or so? It's basically impossible to be able to get things done without working double what you're getting paid for. Especially I'm a low volume store. It's ridiculous. As an assistant manager I worked extra hours but not at all like I do now. And on top of not having the hours or the employees to complete the tasks that are expected of you, your boss comes into the stores and tries to make you feel like you aren't doing your job. They expect you to work 7 days a week if you have to to get things done and that is immoral and more than likely illegal. I definitely would not recommend employment with CVS to anyone that I know. Especially if you're planning on going into management.

Oddly a group of Assistant got together and had a class action on cvs and won. Now assistants are now hourly wages. Theres a move for a lot of store managers to do the same. It is pretty hard to work on salary while your tores are cut on hours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

plantgirl04 in Greenback, Tennessee

23 months ago

bill in carolina said: Why don't you just work 40 hours until they compensate you for the hours over 40.

Because you will find yourself on the unemployment line so fast it's not even funny.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

29palmsmarine

23 months ago

I got a letter of employment from CVS as a store mgmt trainee. It said it was contingent upon an approved criminal background check, and passed drug screen, and that my name is not on any state or federal insurance claims. Do they also check credit or not? My credit is not so good, and I am worried. It's been 4 business days, and I have not heard anything from them. I need the job, and all I can do is sit and wait. Any information is appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Amanda

21 months ago

Let me clue all of u in on something in case u young ones didn't know. I'm Lead Pharmacy Tech @ my store in San Antonio ...been working for this company on and off for 10 years. Don't think I haven't tried other places! Some might pay more, but offer WAY less benefits! Anywhere u go u are gonna deal with some crazy stuff u don't like. It wouldn't be called work if it was easy! CVS has actually come out with a better health care program for us where THEY put money on an FSA card for all of us. I sure don't know another company who does that. I know we deal with a lot of silly programs and calls, and sur eys, etc! While some of it doesn't do a bit of good, the majority has good reasoning and is there to make our jobs easier! They are just trying to make us more money....cuz the more scripts we fill or milk we sell....the higher our pay will be. Also ...if everyon
e wtogether ...does their job CORRECTLY ..especially wiggly slacking...thingswill get done. TRUST ME....it took me quite awhile to stop fighting
them and jump on the bandwagon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ok in Orlando, Florida

19 months ago

i have a interview tommorrow with cvs for store manager working in retail for 12yearneed a big change how do you guys think about the paid

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rhonda in Picayune, Mississippi

15 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at CVS /Pharmacy?

What do you like best about working at CVS/Pharmacy? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Cvs is very customer satisfaction orientated! but employee benefits suck thru the roof, most people can't afford the insurance or the prescriptions!! last i heard we were a pharmacy! the benefits are 30 hrs is considered full time, and you have to fight for that! yearly raises are usually less than .25 cents!!!corporate just looks at numbers, not at job performance, but that is typical of most. recommend for a job position.... i hope you are willing to give not get! yeah the big perk is employee discount on cvs items, bought anywhere else would cost half as much. lol besides a few great employees and sometimes a good boss you mull thru! i have worked front and rx not much training going on either place. if you don't have common sense you won't make it. scale of 1-10 one being the best, as a place to aspire to work at. i give you CVS a fat 7 and that is just because there is nowhere else to work locally. and yes this is my real name so just ask and i will tell no lies!! good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CVSSM in San Antonio, Texas

14 months ago

ManagerJoe in Columbus Area, Ohio said: Former 8 year CVS Store Manager here.....you speak the truth! When I had to stop paying the window washing person $50 a month to come clean my store windows, that was the last straw.
Yes, my DM told me the company couldn't afford that, and I had to buy a bucket and squeegee and do it myself. What a joke.

OH MY GOODNESS!! I just laughed when i read this because I remember when my DM bought all the stores in my district squeegees and buckets and the bottles with the dissolvable cleaners.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

verve92 in Princeton Area, New Jersey

14 months ago

BrianW in Farmingville, New York said: CVS has been in cost cutting mode for the last few years. Yearly raises are now only 2-3%. Not sure if its just my District or not, but they have also been implementing pay caps on all store level positions (top out pay and starting pay caps)!

*Depending on experience, people in my store have generally been starting off at:
Cashier : $7.25 - $9
Beauty Advisor: $8 - $9
PSA & Pharmacy Technician: $8 - $9.50
Shift Supervisor & Photo Supervisor: $10 - $13
Assistant Manager & Store Manager: Salary may vary, but we had 2 Shift Supervisors in our store promoted to Assistant Manager and they both started at a little over $40,000/year.

I was hired as a shift in 2005 at $14/hr and now they are hiring same position at $10/hr as cost of living has gone up 25% here in NJ. After the Asst Mgr lawsuit they are not promoting shifts anymore, but hiring from outside. Only one shift in my district promoted this year. Why? They have this shift sup A and B nonsense. The shift A replaces assistant basically. They can bring deposits without another employee and thats really it. In 2005 almost every store in the district had an Assistant. Now only 6 stores out of 15 have one. A joke. I ot out and work for Wegmans and LOVE every day of it. Making near $20/hr and no hassle raises every 6 months. Only 40 hours /week. And they don't treat their emloyees like idiots! Unless you sleep with your boss or are his or her workout partner, you will not go anywhere!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jake Long in Atlanta, Georgia

13 months ago

I work as a registered tech for $8.75/hr. I wasn't expecting the pay to be this bad after getting registered.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Just got a promotion for my hardwork! in Panama City, Florida

5 months ago

shift supervisor cvs in Largo, Florida said: I was aquired by Cvs and i really like it , and yes it's a lot of work only because there is no extra people. What stinks about CVS is they will have each store have about 3 or 4 shift supervisors both A & B but when it comes time to promote someone to ASST MANAGER well all of you shifts can forget it (unless you are sleeping with someone) "YOU are not what we're looking for" I have been through so many asst. mgrs. that it is kinda like a game as to how long they will last and how they will quit or get fired. It's sad that this company would rather hire people off the street that worked in a shoe store then promote from within someone who is already doing the job and is already Phase 1 & Phase 2 certified
most of the within promotions are all who you know and who you did..... But the drama and the soap opera of it all can be fun. The pool of money as to when our DM gets fired is so growing. He is a loser!!! By the way there are no Lady DM's in florida CVS hates WOMEN... That's ok CVS, they are well aware of it hahahahahah Oh yeah TOM RYAN's bonus this year was over 4 million that's right 4 million... google it, he's another peice of work..... Oh it's been 1 year here's your raise 35 cents per hour and that's if your super!!! Tom Ryan gets 4 million bonus.... go enjoy it Tom Ryan!!

Maybe it's just your area but my DM is a woman.... and I'm in Florida. lol
You sort of sound like your the type of person who just thinks everyone's against women.
A little newsflash, if a woman works hard enough she can achieve whatever she wants...including being a DM for CVS.

I started out as a cashier for them in Feb. and Ive just gotten a promotion with a dollar raise included. All it takes is motivation and hard work. You get what you earn. I get one day off a week and come in EVERY time they call and need help, even for other stores nearby. Its dependability they want to see.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

carebearlulu in California

4 months ago

Does anyone know the policy for full time hr for california?? i have been with longs/cvs for 20yrs and want to find out where their policy is because i know im getting screwed somewhere..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JohnDoughnut in Long Beach, California

3 months ago

carebearlulu in California said: Does anyone know the policy for full time hr for california?? i have been with longs/ cvs for 20yrs and want to find out where their policy is because i know im getting screwed somewhere..

As of July 2014 the minimum wage in California is $9/hr. You have a right to be paid lost wages. If you bring it up with your manager and you don't get your lost wages in a timely manner, then you can report it to the CVS Ethics Line at: 1-877-CVS-2040
and file a wage claim. Here is the link for California:
www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/dlseWagesAndHours.html

JohnDoughnut in Fresno, California

3 months ago

Does everyone have a performance review every year at CVS? Are raises given according to performance reviews? If not, are raises only given with promotions?

Rick

2 months ago

TS -- Alabama in Russellville, Alabama said: Why does anyone feel like they are entitled to a 40 hour work week or that they must be paid overtime for more than that.

Hello TS,
I agree with you about whining, however, Every one from the guy sweeping the parking lots to the district GM should be paid/compensated appropriately for how and when they work. I am a top manager in a company. I do work MORE THAN 50 hrs a week without overtime. And BTW, this is not me whining, but you have OBVIOUSLY not held any management positions before, cause you might feel otherwise. Hetre are my facts;
1. I do like my career. (Not job...jobs are temporary)
2. I have a Masters degree in my field.
3. I am efficient,proficient and successful at my career.

BUT, that does not mean that one should be walked on, or receive dis-similar treatment that others who work in any field of choice. It's called fair and equitable treatment and retainment. In my case, I have gone to school for many years to be professionally skilled and thats what they hire for....skills. On any level really, anyone can sweep a parking lot, however , only the person who does it the best will most likely keep their job and succeed to higher spots. Management and hourly employees are vastly different. MGR's should expect to work 50hrs. But hourly workers SHOULD be paid for every second they work over 40 at an OT rate. I have more to say...but no room. Thank you SGT G..

SGT E, ...Out.

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.