CVS Pharmacy Technician Training Program

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Paladin in South Carolina

11 months ago

Has any pharmacy technician completed CVS' Pharmacy Technician Training Program?

I am considering a career with CVS as a Pharmacy Technician. My knowledge of the program so far is it is 16 weeks long; is accredited by the Accrediation Council for Pharmacy Education; and provides preparation for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board examination.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Cassandra90 in Florence, South Carolina

4 months ago

I am interested in this program

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cpht lifer in Berwick, Pennsylvania

4 months ago

Cassandra90 in Florence, South Carolina said: I am interested in this program

I am currently completing the pharmacy tech training at this time. It consists of MANY online courses that need to be completed so that you can continue to attend the 'classes' and you get some OJT (on the job training) but atleast in my experience so far there's not much time for training when you are actually on the job. The workers pretty much expect you to have learned most of the computer system from the online courses and that's just not the case. My advice is only do it if you pick things up relatively quickly...take notes (IF you are lucky and are working with a crew that will show you how to do things- if your co workers aren't very helpful, it will be MUCH harder). In the beginning you will start with register and then production (ringing patients out and then counting pills and answering the never ending phone calls)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.