how long is the hiring process?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Ashley in Moncks Corner, South Carolina

13 months ago

Monday I had an interview for a pharmacy tech position, that thursday I called thanking her for the interview and letting her know I was still interested and she said they have not made a decision yet and continue to check my e mail. and now its a week later, tuesday.. How much longer should this take??? during my interview she said a week, maybe two and she let me know the next step was the drug testing along with the training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

13 months ago

Ashley in Moncks Corner, South Carolina said: Monday I had an interview for a pharmacy tech position, that thursday I called thanking her for the interview and letting her know I was still interested and she said they have not made a decision yet and continue to check my e mail. and now its a week later, tuesday.. How much longer should this take??? during my interview she said a week, maybe two and she let me know the next step was the drug testing along with the training.

You never wait for a decision, no matter what they said. Keep applying for other jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ashley in Moncks Corner, South Carolina

13 months ago

Bluetea in Texas said: You never wait for a decision, no matter what they said. Keep applying for other jobs.

So does that mean you think I wasn't selected? if so, they should sent notification that the position has been filled right?

Bluetea in Texas

13 months ago

Ashley in Moncks Corner, South Carolina said: So does that mean you think I wasn't selected? if so, they should sent notification that the position has been filled right?

You can't count on that. Many companies won't say anything if you were not selected. Its better to put your OWN time limit on the waiting and wondering.

For me, its 30 days. If I haven't heard back within 30 days, for me its over. I move on.

thumpersmom in Ballston Lake, New York

11 months ago

Ashley in Moncks Corner, South Carolina said: Monday I had an interview for a pharmacy tech position, that thursday I called thanking her for the interview and letting her know I was still interested and she said they have not made a decision yet and continue to check my e mail. and now its a week later, tuesday.. How much longer should this take??? during my interview she said a week, maybe two and she let me know the next step was the drug testing along with the training.

Sadly, the job market is such that many companies and businesses fail to show the courtesy of a response to job applicants and interviewees. The last person who interviewed me for a VERY low-paying job didn't even have intelligence enough to give me her name. She said I'd hear from them for a second interview by the next week. Well, we're into that week. I called them. She's on vacation until next week. I sent an e-mail. Her "assistant" responded to my e-mail with a grossly grammatically incorrect e-mail saying that they "hoped" to make a decision by the end of this week. I already know that there is a second interview for this job -- "decisions" aren't going to happen. The job pays a whopping $10.72/hour. I was making $46,000 before this. This is a typical example of what's going on out there. My best suggestion is to keep following up if you are truly interested in a job. But, honestly, I don't think that the people interviewing even consider that someone who is making a conscious effort to follow up is someone that they should truly consider, because there are so many in the job market that really don't care. It's tough to keep up your spirits. Regardless, NEVER sit back and stop looking because you might hear from another company. The odds are stacked against everyone. And if you do hear back from them regarding a job that you really do want, you're not locked into anything else that you might have taken in the meantime. Try to stay positive. It's not easy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Meghana Naik in dallas, Texas

10 months ago

thumpersmom in Ballston Lake, New York said: Sadly, the job market is such that many companies and businesses fail to show the courtesy of a response to job applicants and interviewees. The last person who interviewed me for a VERY low-paying job didn't even have intelligence enough to give me her name. She said I'd hear from them for a second interview by the next week. Well, we're into that week. I called them. She's on vacation until next week. I sent an e-mail. Her " assistant " responded to my e-mail with a grossly grammatically incorrect e-mail saying that they "hoped" to make a decision by the end of this week. I already know that there is a second interview for this job -- "decisions" aren't going to happen. The job pays a whopping $10.72/hour. I was making $46,000 before this. This is a typical example of what's going on out there. My best suggestion is to keep following up if you are truly interested in a job. But, honestly, I don't think that the people interviewing even consider that someone who is making a conscious effort to follow up is someone that they should truly consider, because there are so many in the job market that really don't care. It's tough to keep up your spirits. Regardless, NEVER sit back and stop looking because you might hear from another company. The odds are stacked against everyone. And if you do hear back from them regarding a job that you really do want, you're not locked into anything else that you might have taken in the meantime. Try to stay positive. It's not easy.

I finished 2 rounds of interviews with CVS for a business analyst position. Recruiter called me and said I was short listed but don't have the final word from hiring manger. What does this mean? Would I be offered? This conversation happened last Thursday and no respond as if now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.