CVS hiring process for Pharmacy Technicians

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

c.graham001 in Valley Stream, New York

22 months ago

How long does the CVS hiring process take before you are called to start training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FedUp2014 in Alabama, Alabama

5 months ago

I'm a pharmacy tech trainee at CVS. I got hired about a week after interviewing and that was December 26, 2013. The store I'm working at didn't open until January. So I had to wait but what really made the wait longer was getting my state license which I didn't have and you can't train without it. That took about a week and a half. I also had to take a drug test and it might take a up to a week to get the results back. Training is about a week long and it'll be out of town. My site was about 90 miles away. I started on Jan 27th. First you do orientation, which is about 4 hours long. During that week, you'll have to complete 8 hours of online training at home. There are many modules to complete and you have to take tests following each module. Also, you'll have 3 hours of front store register training at your store. You'll have to complete online and register before going to your last day of training at your out of town site. Which will consist of learning how to do pick up, drive thru, and production. It's about 3 hours long. You've got one more day of on the job training and that will be 5 hours of pharmacy training. Mine took place on February 5th. It'll be at a different store in your area, not your home store. After all this is complete, you can be set up to work in your store. My first actual day was February 13th. It's a somewhat of a long process. I hope this answered your question and if you have any more, please ask.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.