DHL News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 400)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does DHL stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

katmeg in Dallas, Texas

80 months ago

I worked for DHL for over 2 years. This is a company that you do not want to work for. They are highly unorganized. MAJOR cash applicaiton problems making for a very difficult environment for collections. Anyone who has had collection experience in the Houston area has worked there and left. They are now at a level of unable to find anyone who will work there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

jobless in Phoenix, Arizona

80 months ago

LAYOFF - Myself and co-worker with each of us being with the company for numerous (over 10) years were layed off just a week ago. they are also going to be closing a call center in phoenix... they spend millions on advertising but don't put the money into the operation to be able to sustain all the customers. then the customers leave because of the poor service & they layoff the employees. In my opinion they should have put the money into the operation first, got it running like a well oiled machine & then sunk $ into advertising.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Mike Carnevale in Woonsocket, Rhode Island

79 months ago

That is strange. I am a reseller for DHL and own aterritory. As far as I see business is striving. We are 25%-35% less than FedEx and UPS. If you were laid off the only thing I can say is maybe you were not meeting expectations. This is the largest overnight shipping company in the world. Think about it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (77) Reply - Report abuse

jobless in Phoenix, Arizona

79 months ago

I thought it strange too. I KNOW I was meeting expectations. I had excellent reviews every year. Just before 2 of us (out of a 6 person office who was struggling to get day to day work completed)got let go. We cut back our Saturday hours. We had 2 people working saturdays, now only 1 with limited hours & the ours of operation during the week were cut. My manager told me we had just recently lost a couple of large accounts. And that the company was not meeting their expectations. They're goal was to break even in, I believe, 2008 or 2009. . Even the few who are still left there are complaining now about the overload of work, and they've changed everyones hours. Now from my view, if I wasn't performing they could have just let me go instad of paying me a decent severance package & i still have the option of filing for un-employement. They would have saved alot more money by just firing me for not doing a good job... they would have had to have documentation of a history of that... true? I believe I was chosen due to the fact that I worked less hours than the others & the shift I was on was one that was most easily eliminated and even though I'd been there that long, all the other agents had a few years on me.... There are layoffs all over the US... They were even trying to get us to work with the lights off last year to cut back on the electricity bills to save money.... which we did. I still think they're thinking is backwards. I think if DHL's own employees aren't told whats totally going on, a re-seller certainly isn't in on whats happening! And by the way, DHL IS the largest in the world, but not in the US, which is the only part that is failing...
And I don't want it to either. I have lots of friends who are still there. They are also in fear of losing their jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa Rego in Scottsdale, Arizona

79 months ago

If anyone is looking for a CSR job, let me know, I can help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Anyonecan in Florida

76 months ago

The statement about not making the cut was made by an outsider who unfortunatley is not fully aware of the actual working environment/conditions in DHL. In the past few months alone many announcements have come out regarding layoffs in DHL considering Deutche Posts attempts to account for the decrease in stock value to their stakeholders primarily due to losses in the Americas. The Finance Operations is being relocatted in pieces to Costa Rica causing two major layoffs recently there. The entire Risk Management and GCS depts have been shutdown. prior to that was a mass layoff in various groups and departments such as sales and marketing. Recent notification has been published regarding the outsourcing of DHL Global IT services to HP, which explains some prelayoffs in AZ months before as managements attempts to try to save the group by presenting the fact that they may be able to continue to provide the services at lower cost then outsourcing which failed as always. Finally there was recent news "speculating" that Fedex may be purchasing the DHL EXPRESS division which would over all end that misery for Deutche Post stakeholders all together. Before commenting on the vision of success of a business take a peak at their continuosly decline stock figures and take that into consideration of your decision as to the success of the company. The Company International is successul but the Us market and jobs does not look good at all.

In general, the companies lack of policies and a strick hammer system creates huge disorganization making it difficult to mamage success across the complexity of business units. In my 4 years of experience with the company I take this as a great challenge whcih continues to make me stronger for the future and the result overall just a stepping stone for the next thing.

Best of luck in your choices as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

New York

76 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

Horrendous, I worked as an Exel employee and became a DHL employee. I sat back and watched all of our customers disappear one by one, global customers have left due to the unorganization of this company.

This company is extremely top heavy with huge salaries and not enough indians to provide the service the customer deserves.

Mgt teams at all levels are self absorbed and rally for their favorites (which do not put in a full days work) and the real hard workers are automatically let go after years of dedicated service.

I believe if Fedex purchases the defunct DHL Express they will absorb Global as well... not sure if this is a wise business decision for Fedex but would be wonderful for Deutch to get out of debit to turn around and buy another profitable Global Forwarder to destroy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

F Desimone in Kent, Washington

76 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

It is all going to work it self out. Do you honestly think the investors will drop over 3 billion dollars in 3 years just to see this thing go down in flames? No way. FED X and UPS have the same problems we do. We are just putting our stamp in the US. It will take a couple more years to really show that we will survive. Also move to Seattle we need more drivers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

New York

76 months ago

No thanks.. had enough! Just wanted DHL mgt to understand the value of the customer and not just volumes and numbers, without the customer they would be nothing!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Box Shlocker in san jose, California

75 months ago

I really have to question the DHL slogan as far " we put customer service back in shipping ". As a former UPS driver and Airborne Express driver I've never experienced this type of bad service in my 16 year experience. I understand cut backs in budgeting but to do it at the customers expense is bad business.

I have been instructed by management on one or more occasions to deliberatly not make pick ups and to fail service on packages just to avoid paying me overtime and basically try to do the impossible with a short staff. DHL is a time critical company with high priority packages that demands great customer service, it seems we don't have the right attitude on this issue.

Management is lacking outside the box thinkers in order to become a profitable company and make this a smooth operation instead they want to close thier eyes and hope for the best. They need to replace management from top to bottom and start over because the way I see things we are in a downward spiral. I have numerous ideas and big ones as to how to improve this company but having a incompetent boss who dosen't listen dosen't help. When management gives you the excuse that my ideas require too much work on thier part I think we are in trouble.

If upper management wishes to hear my ideas I would be willing to share or better yet hire me to fire my boss.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa Marie in Westland, Michigan

75 months ago

Even if you are 25% or so less than FedEx and UPS, if you can't get the package there on time and get it billed correctly, does it really matter?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Russellc in Mahwah, New Jersey

75 months ago

I do not know where you are getting your numbers, but it obvious you think that you are going to sell your failing company to someone on this blog. I happen to work for one of DHL's major competitors and I have signed up 4 major customers that were shipping w/ DHL completely. 2 of them came to me begging me to set them up with my service because the service they were getting from DHL was horrible, to say the least. You say you like dealing w/ facts, well the fact is, the company I work for has ranked higher than any other shipping company in independent surveys conducted by major business news sources like Wall Street Journal, USA Today, etc., in catagories such as on-time performance, reliability, customer service, customer satisfaction, and even employee satisfaction. Every customer that I have ever had that used DHL services has told me that our shipping systems are much easier and overall more user friendly than DHL's shipping system. I typically sign 2 to 4 DHL customer's per month, and it not due to price. It mostly due to the lack of quality service they receive from DHL. I am sure that if you do a little HONEST research, you will find out rather easily what company I work for.
If you are willing to untwist the facts that you are falsely claiming as true, then you will find that you are selling for the wrong company. By the way, we are hiring sales people currently, just for future reference.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Box Shlocker in san jose, California

75 months ago

Well as a driver for DHL with lots of pride in what I do for that fact anything I do, I made my comments out frustration with rumors we are up for sale. This is all speculation which seems very convenient seeing as a new union contract is nearing. With that being said DHL is a good company that of course has its issues unfortunatly issues can't be solved overnight. As far as the comments made by the sales people with both companies you guys sound like ego-absorbed individuals who really arent about team and more about yourselves. I couldn't care less about numbers and who takes whose account, all I know is my route is growing in volume and I like to give 100% service and sometimes management gets in the way of that. I also have to question your job titles, sales to me is selling something that people would have never thought of in the first place, educating, enhancing a lifestyle or business, I mean how hard is your job? So please get over yourselves. The driver in my book is the best sales rep.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

New York x DHL mgt member

75 months ago

Keep up the selling Russell C. DHL cant sell due to the reputation at hand. They are a NON CUSTOMER FOCUSED company. Also DHL mgt needs a wake up call immediately or this company will be closing doors or selling their losses very soon. I am hopeful that FEDEX would not consider buying this unreputable company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Im Blind to you Haters in San Diego, California

75 months ago

Box Shlocker, I appreciate hearing that you take pride in what you do. It's refreshing to hear especially because we are on the same Team. We obviously depend on Operations/Drivers to "deliver" for us (no pun intended)and you need sales as well (or there would be a lack of packages for you to deliver).

As far as Russell and New York x DHL go, I appreciate your Comments. Competition is good and healthy. You're both a bit Ethnocentric however, like most Americans. The U.S is not the World. DHL beats you pretty much everywhere else in the World in Market Share, Service, Reliability, and Brand Recognition. That being said, The International Piece is the most profitable as well, so where do you think my Focus is? You have the Market Share in the U.S... so who has more to lose here? Food for thought.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ObservingFools

75 months ago

I find it sad that 600 people were laid off yesterday. Things must not be going too well?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ex-AEI in Phoenix, Arizona

75 months ago

For US Express, no, things are not going well. For Global, just fine, thank you very much. I'm in the global logistics section and our biggest problem is managing increases in volume.

We're thinking that the layoffs are actually positive in a way, in light of all the rumors that the US Express business was being sold to Fedex. This seems to indicate the company's denials of that are true - they're attempting to bite the bullet in order to make it a viable product. They're the ones who've invested billions trying to establish a competitive presence in the U.S. - globally we've always been well known and much used. The layoffs, by the way, are primarily management and administrative...I hope they all land softly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

johnnyraider in Memphis, Tennessee

75 months ago

Mike Carnevale in Woonsocket, Rhode Island said: That is strange. I am a reseller for DHL and own aterritory. As far as I see business is striving. We are 25%-35% less than FedEx and UPS. If you were laid off the only thing I can say is maybe you were not meeting expectations. This is the largest overnight shipping company in the world. Think about it

Business striving? 25-35% less is not worth anything when you can't deliver, nor meet the expectations of your customers. DHL can only sell price...period. They bring absolutely no value whatsoever to their customers, unlike FedEx and UPS. If someone is looking for an extremely cheap, 2nd rate company to handle their transportation needs, DHL is the perfect fit. I work in the transportation industry, and have for the past 8 years....this outfit is a mess.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ex DHL in Minnesota

75 months ago

First of all, the majority of layoffs this week have NOT been management. Unfortunately the sales force was hit the hardest, and I happened to be one of those reps. The TRUTH about this company from my perspective, is that it does certain things very well, and other things very poorly. And in all honesty, our claim to be the best at International Express is true, but rapidly being challenged by Purple and Brown. The main problem is that the things DHL does poorly in the North American market greatly outweigh the things we do well, ie. Billing, automation, Ground Service. I personally had 7 MAJOR accounts that have had cash application issues for YEARS, ie. they send in a check and DHL cashes it without applying it to the correct account, then places the company into Collections because they show DHL has not been paid. There are too many back-end systems from Airborne that have not yet been fully integrated to ensure the company runs smoothly. Not to mention our Media disasters over the Holidays, namely in Milwaukee. A dock FULL of freight that could not get sent out because of Operations mismanagement. There is no accountability for the independent contractors who drive the vans. I could get much more in depth with issues, but I don't want to come off as disgruntled. The majority of the people I worked with were solid employees, wanted the best for the company and tried their darndest to work around the chronic issues they faced each day. But let's not sugarcoat (I'm blind"). For every account I sold, I had 4 current accounts that had issues that were looking to leave DHL, and the only reason they did not was because of the relationship with me. DHL saved a bunch of salary money this week, but the underlying costs will far outweigh this temporary fix.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

ex DHL in Minnesota

75 months ago

ex DHL in Minnesota said: First of all, the majority of layoffs this week have NOT been management. Unfortunately the sales force was hit the hardest, and I happened to be one of those reps. The TRUTH about this company from my perspective, is that it does certain things very well, and other things very poorly. And in all honesty, our claim to be the best at International Express is true, but rapidly being challenged by Purple and Brown. The main problem is that the things DHL does poorly in the North American market greatly outweigh the things we do well, ie. Billing, automation, Ground Service. I personally had 7 MAJOR accounts that have had cash application issues for YEARS, ie. they send in a check and DHL cashes it without applying it to the correct account, then places the company into Collections because they show DHL has not been paid. There are too many back-end systems from Airborne that have not yet been fully integrated to ensure the company runs smoothly. Not to mention our Media disasters over the Holidays, namely in Milwaukee. A dock FULL of freight that could not get sent out because of Operations mismanagement. There is no accountability for the independent contractors who drive the vans. I could get much more in depth with issues, but I don't want to come off as disgruntled. The majority of the people I worked with were solid employees, wanted the best for the company and tried their darndest to work around the chronic issues they faced each day. But let's not sugarcoat (I'm blind"). For every account I sold, I had 4 current accounts that had issues that were looking to leave DHL, and the only reason they did not was because of the relationship with me. DHL saved a bunch of salary money this week, but the underlying costs will far outweigh this temporary fix.

Also-I forgot to mention that as a sales rep I was at 101% of quota when I was laid off, and I know of numerous other that were in the 120% range that were let go as well...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Thebigcat in East Boston, Massachusetts

75 months ago

Hopefully DHL has finally figuired out that they are middle and top heavy. Lots of chiefs and not many indians. As soon as they understand that getting the package to the customer must be the top priority they might survive. Airborne Express had thier problems but they never forgot that customer satisfaction was everything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Skokie, Illinois

75 months ago

Mr. I am a reseller for DHL??? There is a reason why they are 25 - 35% cheaper than UPS and FedEx? You think someone was not doing their job. I worked for DHL for 13 yrs...moved on and no I was not let go, in fact DHL offered me quite a bit of money to stay. But the writing is on the wall....25 - 35% cheaper than UPS/FedEx???? Billions of dollars in the whole every year which is why the Deutsche Post is looking shutting down their Ground Network in the US...layed off 600 Sales People in the US just yesterday. Meetings with the Operations folks next week? Good luck Mr. Reseller....learn the facts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

mesedupin in Burlingame, California

75 months ago

Yes I work Dhl too but fortunately am on front line ..I was wondering if they have laid off the whole sales dept what is there strategy of surviving in us

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

New York x DHL mgt member by choice

75 months ago

Just want to clarify it was my choice to leave DHL due to the lack of customer focus and not meeting our customers expectations. This company is extremely top heavy in upper level management should unload the hefty salaries and re invest it into the staff who meet and greet the customer on a daily basis.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

ex DHL in Chi town in Chicago, Illinois

75 months ago

I was one of the 600 let go yesterday and I hope that for the sake of my former colleagues that DHL does survive, but based on the decisions I've witnessed over the past couple of years, I seriously wonder. DHL did me a favor by letting me go- at least I got a severance! FedEx, UPS, anyone hiring :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

DHL has about 10% of the ground business within 4 years of offering ground to US customers. Thats a pretty good chunk. DHL in the US should be losing money. Look at what they have purchased and changed in the last 3 years. Its only going to get better and we are adding major customers everyday like Walmart and Walgreens. This company isn't going anywhere. By the way, UPS just recently posted its last quarter numbers and they reported a loss. I work in a Union Shop and the company has told our Local that they want to rap up the new contract within the next couple of weeks. Keep positive everyone and remind our customers that we are only getting better. The customers don't need to know whats going on behind the scene. Read the UPS and FED EX blogs customers aren't happy with them either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

johnnyraider in Grand Rapids, Michigan

75 months ago

ex DHL in Chi town in Chicago, Illinois said: I was one of the 600 let go yesterday and I hope that for the sake of my former colleagues that DHL does survive, but based on the decisions I've witnessed over the past couple of years, I seriously wonder. DHL did me a favor by letting me go- at least I got a severance! FedEx, UPS, anyone hiring :)

FedEx is always looking for good people in the Chicago market, no question about it!! Go to the fedex.com website and select the "careers" option at the bottom of the page.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

johnnyraider in Grand Rapids, Michigan

75 months ago

Account Executive - Field Sales Western Chicago Land Area

75 months ago

Just out of curiosity since i still work there and wonder what my fate would be tomorrow.What kind of severance pkg was offered ? was it a months worth of pay.

ex DHL in Minnesota

75 months ago

mesedupin in Burlingame, California said: Just out of curiosity since i still work there and wonder what my fate would be tomorrow.What kind of severance pkg was offered ? was it a months worth of pay.

Severance was based on the number of years you've been employed...ie. two weeks plus a week for each year of employment. Obviously you are also paid out on vacation time and any commission earned in Q4 '07.

jobless in Phoenix in Phoenix, Arizona

75 months ago

Klaus Zumwinkel, I think he's ceo of deutsche post, was arrested for tax evasion this morning.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Thebigcat in East Boston, Massachusetts

75 months ago

Went to work this morning, I'm a driver, and was told about another supervisor layoff in the building. We were told that DHL would try to place him at Danza's or another DHL affiliate, I hope so. Lay offs any where in the company causes unrest and tension, drivers are already starting to look at prospects else where. Morale suffers and productivity goes down. Lets hope that DHL can pull it's butt out of the fire.

DHL Sales in Burlingame, California

75 months ago

Who ever didnt get layed off in sales will get their arse kissed for the next half a year and make fat commission checks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

I think very soon the next news we all will hear would be that Fedex finally bought DHL-USA end of story ...good night sleep tight.Well i am beginning to loose faith in corporate america altogathr although i wasnt laid off on tuesday i feel pretty insecure and dont think i intend to work there anymore.this is the second company within the last 2 years i worked for is close to winding up.the last company i worked for laid me off after working for just 1 month I got severance for 1 month and 500 worth of comission but still my job was taken away I took it pretty hard and now even Dhl is showing its color its was very pretty sad to see ur collegues go on tuesday :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bogger in Johnson City, Tennessee

75 months ago

With the attitude you have you should have been laid off. I can't believe that so many people that cared about the company got laid off and you who can't spell and have no company dedication got to keep his job. That is were DHL messed up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

bogger in Johnson City, Tennessee said: With the attitude you have you should have been laid off. I can't believe that so many people that cared about the company got laid off and you who can't spell and have no company dedication got to keep his job. That is were DHL messed up!

Well the reason why they kept me around and let you go was becuase even though i dont care about my spellings I do my work sincerely and thoroughly.I am glad Dhl was sensible enough to know that because of people like you the company was going down the drain .Spend that severance pkg money and try to find job at mcdonalds even they will think twice before hiring and dont waste time replying to my comment .Remember I have my job You dont..you have got lot of work to do....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

DHL Sales in Burlingame, California

75 months ago

mesedupin

I think the guy was talking to me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

DHL Sales in Burlingame, California said: mesedupin

I think the guy was talking to me

No it was me ......

Lisa Marie in Westland, Michigan

75 months ago

F Desimone in Kent, Washington said: DHL has about 10% of the ground business within 4 years of offering ground to US customers. Thats a pretty good chunk. DHL in the US should be losing money. Look at what they have purchased and changed in the last 3 years. Its only going to get better and we are adding major customers everyday like Walmart and Walgreens. This company isn't going anywhere. By the way, UPS just recently posted its last quarter numbers and they reported a loss. I work in a Union Shop and the company has told our Local that they want to rap up the new contract within the next couple of weeks. Keep positive everyone and remind our customers that we are only getting better. The customers don't need to know whats going on behind the scene. Read the UPS and FED EX blogs customers aren't happy with them either.

If you read the whole story about UPS, the loss was due to a 6.1 billion dollar pension buyout which was a very smart move on UPS's part. Otherwise, they had a 6.1% revenue growth and double digit growth in the international arena.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Lisa Marie in Westland, Michigan said: If you read the whole story about UPS, the loss was due to a 6.1 billion dollar pension buyout which was a very smart move on UPS's part. Otherwise, they had a 6.1% revenue growth and double digit growth in the international arena.

Didn't hear about your story. What we were told at our station was that they lost revenue in their ground business over the holiday season. Who knows whats true and not true anymore. People on the East coast hear one thing and us on the West hear another. Never adds up right.

75 months ago

F Desimone in Kent, Washington said: Didn't hear about your story. What we were told at our station was that they lost revenue in their ground business over the holiday season. Who knows whats true and not true anymore. People on the East coast hear one thing and us on the West hear another. Never adds up right.

Don't understand, how can DHL lay off 600 employees but still be hiring big time for ops mgt and supervisors?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

part time in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

75 months ago

Unfortunately both of u r correct-(FedEx & UPS)-much as we (the drivers) would like, we can not deliver our freight on time because we can never get out of the facility on time-trailers r constantly late to the building-, our fleet of vehicles is partially (30-40 pct) new-but most is old and falling apart-it is not the price of the service (correct again) it is whether or not it can be provided-if it can't-a cheap price is quickly forgotten after the (forgot the wording here) of poor service settles in-our scanners are out dated-our labeling is awful-excessive labels on each piece of freight leads to multiple mis-routes-mgmt will not listen to the drivers at all when a positive suggestion is made as to how to solve a problem-and i am not talking about mgmt within the building-i am referring to upper and or senior level mgmt-all they want r production numbers-we lost two very dedicated route mgrs yest. to layoffs-we are understaffed as it is and now the work load is increased on those remaining, yet they don't want anyone putting in any overtime-HELLO..?!?!-this is physically impossible-i don't want UPS to crow to loudly here either-I happen to work for another business and when freight is mis-delivered to us-FedEx picks it up right away-cudos to u-UPS, it will sit there for days even after multiple calls-we have ended up throwing it out sometimes because we get tired of it sitting around and getting in the way-anyway back to us-i think we have had it-customers get frustrated when they can't locate freight-money issues go unresolved because there r not enough people left to research them-shareholders always win and DP's have had enough-time will tell-good luck to all of u out there-i will probably end up having to apply for a part time job at FedEx.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bogger in johnson city, Tennessee

75 months ago

hello out their!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

EX DHL SUPERSTAR

75 months ago

My heart goes out to the 600 sales people who are now gone. My position was 'eliminated' about a year ago. I was legacy DHL. I understand that too many legacy DHL people are now gone and that too many legacy Airborne people are still there. In the midwest I understand the person making the decisions about layoff's was former Airborne. We have seen a good company move in the direction lies, coverup's, billing debacle's and too many other things to mention etc. If DHL is to survive, bring back all of the DHL people (including the DHL drivers who were let go during the acquisition of Airborne) and get rid of the Airborne people. Perhaps then DHL Express US has a chance to survive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

EX DHL SUPERSTAR

75 months ago

mesedupin in Burlingame, California said: Just out of curiosity since i still work there and wonder what my fate would be tomorrow.What kind of severance pkg was offered ? was it a months worth of pay.

A WEEK FOR EVERY YEAR YOU WERE WITH THE COMPANY AND YOUR MEDICAL BENIFITS EXTENDED FOR SAME.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jobless in Phoenix in Phoenix, Arizona

75 months ago

My medical benefits were cut off at the end of the month! That left me less than 10 days to get new health insurance for my family. Talk about a pain in the you know what!

ronnie jay in Newport, Connecticut

75 months ago

How much money was the former DHL making?

Based on your comments you have no idea.

Somedriver in NY in Pomona, New York

75 months ago

Let's not forget that DP posted earnings over 200 Billion in 06'. That is alot of money. You can not be a big wig worldwide and not service the U.S. Fed Ex has sigificant decline in stock value since Nov 07'. They also have serious financial woes with the money they owe to Uncle Sam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Somedriver in NY in Pomona, New York said: Let's not forget that DP posted earnings over 200 Billion in 06'. That is alot of money. You can not be a big wig worldwide and not service the U.S. Fed Ex has sigificant decline in stock value since Nov 07'. They also have serious financial woes with the money they owe to Uncle Sam.

That's because it posted the earnings of Exel buyout NOT Danza Air and Ocean. If it wasnt for Exel buyout DHL wouldnt have any business and they continue to loose each piece of it, bit by bit

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.