DHL News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (301 to 350 of 400)
Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

zerocool in new york, New York

91 months ago

NYC Tri-state area - As of Friday 10/17/08 - they are closing down 2 Customer Service Call Centers. And out of 250 Operation Agents and Lead/Dispatchers they are only keeping 90. Everyone else - will be out of jobs. The best part of this was that the Teamsters Union was run by incompetent individuals who are now trying to snake their ways into positions that protect them from Master Bidding. 18 years i've given to this company - and this is the thanks we get. Company that gets bought by another - and lets the management team that ran the initial company to near bankruptcy run it - yes that makes a lot of sense - good job. Union that sold us out the river and tries to hide now not responding to our calls , emails , nothing. And a supervisor that sleeps around with drivers and then wants to fire them. Very nice indeed.

God bless everyone out there losing their jobs and consider this a stepping stone. Things happen for a reason and judgement day is coming for those that sold us out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Elder1 in Michigan

91 months ago

AMEN! I read on Bloomberg today that DHL was going to lower emissions to help the environment... I guess it IS possible... No drivers = No vehicles = No EMISSIONS! Company is going down.. You can only crap on your customers for so long... Airborne had it's problems, but none like this... DHL came in, fired it's dedicated drivers and tried to take on more than it could handle.. This company has successfully destroyed two corporations now.. KUDOS DHL! While the fat are getting fatter, the dedicated employees who have worked hard to do a good job have been shafted by the "big wigs" that have no idea how to run a business.. During the Airborne/DHL "merger", we lost customers.... now we are just pushing them away.. No one will ever be pushed out by DHL and come back now.. This company not only craps on it's dedicated workers - it craps on the people that pay the bills... BRILLIANT!!! I wish nothing but the best to all present and past employees of this company.. God bless you and thanks for the memories....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Elder1 in Michigan

91 months ago

I used to love my job, but all the negative press, the inability of the company to order clean, untorn, and stained uniforms, and the inability to make good business decisions and put safe, neat appearing trucks on the road has finally managed to take away my happiness with the company... It is no longer a good place to work, morale is at an all-time low, and no one cares about anything anymore... Why can't the company just step up to the plate and say what it plans on doing??? Just sever the remaining customers and do what you have to do, but quit playing with the livelihoods of people who have dedicated their lives to making you great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

one bad r in new york, New York

91 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does DHL stack up against the competition?

WHAT I FIND TO BE SO FUNNY AT DHL IS THE COMPANY IS LAYING OFF HUNDREDS OF FELLOW TEAMSTERS AND LOCAL 295 IS ALLOWING DRIVERS TO WORK CRAZY O.T. THEY SHOULD STOP THE O.T. AND FORCE DHL TO RECALL DRIVERS BACK. I SAT AT THE LOCAL MEETING AND NOT ONCE DID LOUIE OR HIS SO CALLED TEAM TELL US TO FIGHT BACK. WE NEED TO FORCE DHL TO TELL US WHAT THEIR ACTUAL PLANS ARE FOR US AND THE COMPANY. WHY ARE WE NOT PLAYING HARD BALL WITH THIS COMPANY. I REMEMBER WHEN LOCAL 295 WAS LOOKING TO RATIFY THE CONTRACT THE LOCAL MADE ARRANGEMENTS FOR A HALL ON HUDSON STREET IN NEW YORK TO ACCOMODATE ALL THE DRIVERS. BUT WHEN FELLOW TEAMSTERS ARE BEING LAID OFF WE HAVE A TOTAL OF 3 MEETINGS 1 IN CT, NY, AND NJ. THE LOCAL NEEDS TO STOP THE CRAZY O.T. AND CALL SOME DRIVERS BACK OR SHUT DHL DOWN TODAY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

hannah ashley in Singapore

91 months ago

Wonder if this would soon affect the other countries? im in DHL Exel Supply Chain and we seem to be doing really well in Oceania and Asia Pacific..hmm..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

davebell in Elm Grove, Wisconsin

91 months ago

UPS is looking for former DHL reps as contract sales positions. Contact me to setup an interview. Salary is negotiable depending on experience.

Feel free to submit your resume to the below e-mail address. Must have DHL sales experience.

dhlbountyhunter@wi.rr.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Trueman in San Leandro, California

91 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

Working for 23 years as a Driver out of the Oakland Station, Airborne now DHL. Freight two weeks old is scattered and piled up everywhere. Morale is extremely low but at least there is hope for us drivers at the top of the seniority list. Were anticipating an operation as it was when I first started, mostly letters and long distance routes and making service. Just hoping that they won't bust the Union during all this restructuring. Was told by the Station Manager this morning that there will be a public announcement right after Election Day. Can someone tell me what the strategy is, as to what Party gets elected that would determine the outcome of DHL?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Airborne-DHeLL in Singapore, Singapore

91 months ago

Management in the U.S. received layoff notices effective Feb 27, then severance packages. Stations are being cut to approx pre-merger levels for DHL anticipating a reduction in freight levels to international and some domestic. I don't anticipate a union-breaking strategy such as a complete shutdown, but Danzas stands as a possibility to take over delivery and pickup duties at least on the international side.

This failure was a team effort, from upper management down to the couriers and other front-line personnel. The incompetence among the upper management of DHL was staggering, but it was exacerbated by the recalcitrance of the Teamsters and their lack of candor and cooperation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Scorned in Tempe in Tempe, Arizona

91 months ago

OK, if you are going to post - make sure your info is accurate. Lisa Shardin QUIT like 2 months ago. She gave her written resignation and walked out that same day. She was just a patsy and the new guy isn't any different. During Customer Service Appreciation Week he gave this speech outside and in a politically correct/nice manner basically said - despite working for DHL sucks, thanks for coming to work every day. The second day of CSAW they let most of telesales go. Thanks for working at DHL now get the heck out!! Nice....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

plentypissed in Saint Louis, Missouri

91 months ago

I have been a driver for 18 yrs with Airborne/DHL. I have never seen such a debacle! We have been told absolutely nothing and there does not seem to be any way to find out info about the fate of all of us.(unless you count the news that our customers share).
A manager at Office Max showed me an email today that said they would no longer offer DHL service as of Christmas eve 2008. It said that it appeared as if they would go back to intl service.
Now I dont know how accurate this is but it just needs to be said how gutless a company can be when they string you along. God bless all and hope for the best.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Box Shlocker in san jose, California

91 months ago

DHL have traded domestic operations for international operations with UPS. They are no longer taking new domestic accounts, unless you are in the top 12 of your barn its time to move on. Those worthless teamsters we all work with at the top of the seniority list who have no idea what a days work is are keeping their jobs, the same idiots that most likely had a hand in this decision by DHL. I know of 3 drivers who are top seniority who cant even read or write and haven't picked up a international piece in their career at DHL and now they are rewarded. Good luck, especially in this economy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

plentypissed in Saint Louis, Missouri

91 months ago

I noticed the original dhl peiple didnt have any problem taking that retro pension time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Airborne-DHeLL in Singapore, Singapore

91 months ago

Box Shlocker in san jose, California said: DHL have traded domestic operations for international operations with UPS. They are no longer taking new domestic accounts, unless you are in the top 12 of your barn its time to move on. Those worthless teamsters we all work with at the top of the seniority list who have no idea what a days work is are keeping their jobs, the same idiots that most likely had a hand in this decision by DHL. I know of 3 drivers who are top seniority who cant even read or write and haven't picked up a international piece in their career at DHL and now they are rewarded. Good luck, especially in this economy.

It's truly a sorry situation when hard-working, great employees are cut loose while seniority workers get a pass. You've hit the nail on the head, and I may know you because I was there in SJ not too long ago.

cage47 in Houston, Texas

91 months ago

In Houston you can see first-hand how messed up the Airborne/DHL integration has been. I came on in March 2005 when the integration was just getting going. It has been a rough road all the way. On a cash applications stance it's a wonder any payments got processed. It went so far that the whole wonderful "Project PHoenix" that was supposed to integrate the billing structure into a single unified format (no more airborne/dhl separate billing procedures) was abandoned. Why was that? Was that the money ran out? Or was it that the process just wasn't working? Or maybe a little of both.

As having been a part of the team that helped roll out the lockbox system I can tell you no change goes through smootly in the office. In the cash office most of the talent in the management level has left long ago. Of course many more inept managers were also let go. But here again, they let go some real quality people while retaining some real dead weight. And now they've let go so many people there are not enough left to just handle the basic functions.

Every week new meetings come down with some change to the workflow plan. From my point of view I just see them shuffling work around and major work is being neglected. The duty customs group is 3 weeks behind because they don't have enough people just to process the payments. The writing has been on the wall since this spring. And now loosing Unishippers is just the next nail in the coffin of DHL's US operations. In my group they make up the largest percentage of revenue. I can see workflow trailing off starting this week after this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tebosgirl in Montrose, Michigan

91 months ago

mungrin in ny, New York said: No more night couriers starting Monday.Everyone left will be working in the morning.No more pickups at night,cutoff is now 4pm and drop boxes are 5pm.If you are a customer and need to ship a package out at night,ur gonna have to call UPS or Fedex for now on.

I work for an IC out of Flint, MI- we are seeing alot of changes, but being told nothing by the front office (DHL). The customers on my route are my most reliable information sources. I have been told (by my customers, not DHL) that ground shipments will be no more after the 15th of Nov, and our Flint Station will no longer have an aircraft as of the 22nd of Nov. How much of this is true I really don't know, but I'm a little nervous. Yeah I know its not the best job in the world, but its a job. Here in MI jobs aren't easily found. I just wish someone that knows what is going on, would grow some chahonis and just tell us all what we need to plan for. I know I'm in it til it ends, but and end date would be helpful

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mungrin in ny, New York

91 months ago

i know of a million dollar DHL account,they probably gonna switch to UPS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Elder1 in Michigan

91 months ago

Ex DHL Reps contact me ASAP in Huntington Beach, California said: Mike,

email me @ dhlscount@gmail.com

I am bringing 4 ex -DHL reps on to our company with their books of business and the payout is far greater than a base + commissions with UPS. We've been in business with our program for a number of years.

As i mentioned in my previous posts, we have the ultimate opportunity for people with DHL sales experience. Please email your resumes to dhlscout@gmail.com

Thank you

While I can appreciate your wanting to grow your business... This forum was created for DHL employees past and present to discuss issues going on within their company. If you feel the need to advertise, contact Monster.com or somewhere else to recruit your employees. This forum was not created for this purpose.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

par4hole in Elk Grove Village, Illinois

90 months ago

EX DHL SUPERSTAR said: My heart goes out to the 600 sales people who are now gone. My position was 'eliminated' about a year ago. I was legacy DHL. I understand that too many legacy DHL people are now gone and that too many legacy Airborne people are still there. In the midwest I understand the person making the decisions about layoff's was former Airborne. We have seen a good company move in the direction lies, coverup's, billing debacle's and too many other things to mention etc. If DHL is to survive, bring back all of the DHL people (including the DHL drivers who were let go during the acquisition of Airborne) and get rid of the Airborne people. Perhaps then DHL Express US has a chance to survive.

Hey DHL superstar. I too was a DHL legacy employee. Hired in March of 86, and when the big merger happened, my entire department was let go, except for me. I was kept on to continue the data entry and imaging procedures until the clerical union people would take over. I hung around for another 8 months. In that time, I saw many old customers get fed up with the service, found out that if you worked for a tation other than ORD, CHI,the old PWK, and BAR stations, you were an IC and didn't even make half the money as the union workers made. So unfair. I saw many legacy DHL people get laid off, and knew it would eventually happen to me. I was offered to go to the ORD station, but turned it down because of the management people and the union people there. Union ran Airbourne and once the merger happened, they continued to run DHL. The few remaining DHL people soon learned it was time to find something else because they were the scapegoats. I was let go as I say after 8 months, and rehired 3 months later to oversee the G.E. Medical account at a UPS facility. After 3 more years of seeing the same inept management, and I mean the old Airbourne management, I left. I am now in a company that reminds me of when I 1st started at DHL. It was a fun job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

NAME WITHHELD in Perris, California

90 months ago

DHL GOOD RIDDANCE THEY ARE A SWEAT SHOP OUT HERE IN RIVERSIDE CA AREA THEY ARE LOCATED AT MARCH AFB AND THEY NEED TO CLOSE THEY TREAT THERE PEOPLE LIKE CRAP EVEN WITH A LOCAL UNION REPRESENTATION OF TEAMSTERS THEY HAVE A FIRE AT WILL POLICY THEY HAVE UNSAFE WORKING CONDITIONS THEY LOSE PACKAGES,LETTERS,ARE EITHER MISSING OR THEY ARE TORN UP AND FALL OFF THE CONVEYER BELTS ONLY TO WALKED OVER THE LIST GOES ON AND ON

Kye in Rockford, Illinois

90 months ago

Amen. I was laid off today. Wasn't even given the RESPECT of being told ahead of time so I could "micro-manage" my $$$ ahead of time. 10 co-workers knew before me. Wow. Would've been with Airborne/Dhl 10 years in 04/09. 4 i.c.'s though. 5 years as a sup/lead/dispatcher. SLAP!!!! Went to fuel this a.m... my pin# was invalid. Knew then. All I want to know is how "grown folk" can't treat other grown folk...like they actually are(grown). In all honesty, My other half doesn't have much for work... Not sure I'll be able to feed my kids til unemployment kicks in. 10 years...gonna have to sell stuff so kids can eat. Wow. What kind of company (boss), hangs your kids out to dry like that??? I hope they lose as much sleep as I have and will!!!

exdhlrepscontactmeasap in Huntington Beach, California

90 months ago

Kye in Rockford, Illinois said: Amen. I was laid off today. Wasn't even given the RESPECT of being told ahead of time so I could "micro-manage" my $$$ ahead of time. 10 co-workers knew before me. Wow. Would've been with Airborne/Dhl 10 years in 04/09. 4 i.c.'s though. 5 years as a sup/lead/dispatcher. SLAP!!!! Went to fuel this a.m... my pin# was invalid. Knew then. All I want to know is how "grown folk" can't treat other grown folk...like they actually are(grown). In all honesty, My other half doesn't have much for work... Not sure I'll be able to feed my kids til unemployment kicks in. 10 years...gonna have to sell stuff so kids can eat. Wow. What kind of company (boss), hangs your kids out to dry like that??? I hope they lose as much sleep as I have and will!!!

I'm terribly sorry. that is horrible. They got rid of 9500 jobs is what i've seen and read. No respect for the people that kept them afloat.
God bless you and your family.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

Ex DHL Reps contact me ASAP in Huntington Beach, California said: I'm terribly sorry. that is horrible. They got rid of 9500 jobs is what i've seen and read. No respect for the people that kept them afloat.
God bless you and your family.

Thanks. I guess we all knew it was coming. Just really would've appreciated a little more honesty. I'm really scared. Times are tough for everyone. I hope all ex dhl's move on to bigger and better things. Most of the people I've worked with over the years deserve that.
God bless you and yours as well.

transportrecruiter in Alton, Illinois

90 months ago

Station and linehaul managers - send me an email about opportunities for selected geographic areas.

mungrin in ny, New York

90 months ago

What happened with out supposed 10 year deal with UPS?I thought i'd be guarenteed a job for atleast 10 years.Thats what they told me and that what i told my wife.

billyboy in reading, Pennsylvania

90 months ago

the company will survive they are the largest logistics company in the world. they are focusing more on there international shipping which is ther strong point. that isnt to say that later on down the line that they will not try U.S. domestic shipping again.Now as to the layoffs as they down size more and more layoffs are inevitable.but keep in mind that dosen't mean that they won't rehire some people in a year or so depending if they try to get back into the U.S domestic field. they are still gonna have the international shipping aspects of the business in the U.S.and it is the best international shipping company.

No loyalty in Dallas, Texas

90 months ago

I think UPS has it all over DHL. DHL poor to employees, no loyalty or ownership. Wastes money, constantly wasting money on new facilities that are not needed. Management does not know how to run their sites, do not listen to those who do or handle complaints. Poor marketing, joint with Exel was poor choice. Customers were lost as well as massive amount of long term employees.

givememyseverancepackagealready in Hialeah, Florida

90 months ago

Word is that there's suppose to be some big meeting tomorrow at the DHL Coporate offices. The buzz around the office is that they're laying us all off or most of us. My one issue with DHL is all the "hush hush". You mean to tell that you don't care enough about the people that help run your company for you, to let them know in advance when they're going to be let go? Come on now, everyone knows the problems that we are facing with the economy. Don't you think it would be courteous to let your employee's know that they need to start planning ahead and saving money. For God's sake, The holidays are around the corner. And they wonder why are flying planes with signs around the Corporate offices.

I understand how you union people feel, but give us Corporate people a break. We are all going through the same thing. I'm sitting here listening to you union folks complaining and I'm wondering why. You guys had it made while working for DHL. With all the perks that you guys receive, it's amazing to listen to you gripe about how they are treating you.

I don't think that we should allow DHL to start their US busniess back up, later on down the road. Just look at how they treated us now. Let them keep their international business. God don't like ugly. Just sit and watch how this UPS deal falls thru.

Elder1 in Michigan

90 months ago

Give Me My Severance Package Already in Hialeah, Florida said: Word is that there's suppose to be some big meeting tomorrow at the DHL Coporate offices. The buzz around the office is that they're laying us all off or most of us. My one issue with DHL is all the "hush hush". You mean to tell that you don't care enough about the people that help run your company for you, to let them know in advance when they're going to be let go? Come on now, everyone knows the problems that we are facing with the economy. Don't you think it would be courteous to let your employee's know that they need to start planning ahead and saving money. For God's sake, The holidays are around the corner. And they wonder why are flying planes with signs around the Corporate offices.

I understand how you union people feel, but give us Corporate people a break. We are all going through the same thing. I'm sitting here listening to you union folks complaining and I'm wondering why. You guys had it made while working for DHL. With all the perks that you guys receive, it's amazing to listen to you gripe about how they are treating you.

I don't think that we should allow DHL to start their US busniess back up, later on down the road. Just look at how they treated us now. Let them keep their international business. God don't like ugly. Just sit and watch how this UPS deal falls thru.

I don't think you do understand how we feel!!! How many years do you have with the company? They started laying off corporate and management long ago.. You should have seen it coming. What made you feel immuned to losing your job? You could have gone into driving, but instead - you decided to stay in your warm office and off the icy streets making more money than you should have as well. Too many chiefs and not enough injuns... That is half of the problem this company has. You received all kinds of benefits and extras that we as drivers could only dream of... What benefits did I get as a driver?

Elder1 in Michigan

90 months ago

Give Me My Severance Package Already in Hialeah, Florida said: Word is that there's suppose to be some big meeting tomorrow at the DHL Coporate offices. The buzz around the office is that they're laying us all off or most of us. My one issue with DHL is all the "hush hush". You mean to tell that you don't care enough about the people that help run your company for you, to let them know in advance when they're going to be let go? Come on now, everyone knows the problems that we are facing with the economy. Don't you think it would be courteous to let your employee's know that they need to start planning ahead and saving money. For God's sake, The holidays are around the corner. And they wonder why are flying planes with signs around the Corporate offices.

You WILL get a severance package.. That's what you get! After 13 years, I get nothing but a kick in the ass out the door.. You act like you have been living under a rock or something. News about the company has always been "hush hush". You get a severance package of three months pay with full insurance. Mine is any accrued vacation time and my insurance ends the day after I am layed off. How are we union people as you referred to us not giving you a break? How are we causing you any problem at all... You sit in your office sipping coffee, exchanging emails with co-workers while we do the grunt work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Elder1 in Michigan

90 months ago

We are all in this together, regardless of whether we are union, non-union, management, or corporate.. To get on this board and say that we need to give corporate employees a break is a joke. You guys are the reason for this whole mess. I never believed that you guys had a VP of dropboxes until I actually saw the position on the company payroll... What the hell is that six figure position responsible for? Middle management and drivers do all the work for that person raking in all the money. Poor decision making that would not take any input from the drivers who are on the front line is the other half of the problem. Bottom line, if you are looking for drivers who get paid nothing as far as a severance package to feel sorry for those of you who do - You have come to the wrong place.

BPNJ in Livingston, New Jersey

90 months ago

I think you should think before you speak. My husband is a driver for DHL for 13 years, in the union. What perks???? Started at $6.00 per hour, part time. We have STRUGGLED for years until he finally got the $$ he is making now. No summer vacations still to this day because of "seniority" issues and we have two young children!!! He is a hard, dedicated worker and this is the thanks he will get...if you are a "hard worker" no-one has it made. No-one should be treated differently either - whether supervisor, office adminstrator, dock worker or driver. Everyone NEEDS their paychecks.

90 months ago

HARSH!Geez, you ever heard of karma? Happy Holidays to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

Whoever is running this lil' get togather... How'd you let this ridiculous crap come into my e-mail 60x??? I wouldn't have signed up if I knew it was a "bash" sight. I thought we were all in this together. Now am thinkin' maybe you work for dhl. People have a right to express their opinions. People have a right to express what they've been told, but I am sure there is a possibility of grounds for sueing. Gee whiz. Treat those who perform for you like children, be treated like the loyalas...and those of of us who have worked as adults and made you some $$$ be treated as such... you may have prospered, But I can't help feeling very dissappointed in current company policy. By the way, can't help but notice I've not heard from MR. ALMIGHTY "there by 10:30 or it's on us...blah, blah, blah"... u go lil' man!!! Wish I had the pleasure to meet you, "THE ALL WISE AND KNOWING"...so I could help him not look so stupid. Sorry. Wow, in this day and age and the way our economy is... WE ARE SCREWED cuz we are all lookin' out for #1. That's exactly how things are gonna go to crap... We can't get over ourse;ves long enough to get along for a minute. Well' brace yourselves for anothetr terrorist attack...we all PRETENDED to be friends then. It's inevitable. If we ask they say we want to whine about what we don't have after that... all those who have already lost will be against us, besides the terrorists have already taken their loved ones.Crap!!! Is this a Rob Zombie promo!!!LOL!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Alexander Wolf in Vancouver, British Columbia

87 months ago

I don't think that this company will make it very long. Nothing against their Canadian workers but service and management of their German HQ are really bad. Relatives in Germany sent me a very valuable package to Vancouver, unfortunately using DHL and it never arrived. Ok, that can happen and the Canadian section told me that it was probably sent back. Guess what happened? It never came back and finally the senders started an inquiry what had happened - The official outcome was that the German section of DHL had taken the package and sold its content! Despite that result (I still have the official letter on this), we never got any money back or even a refund...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

BPNJ in Livingston, New Jersey

86 months ago

Kye in Rockford, Illinois said: HARSH!Geez, you ever heard of karma? Happy Holidays to you.

Yeah, I've heard of karma...back at DHL. UPS has gained 10% of their international business in 2008 - DHL will NOT SURVIVE doing just international freight business. People will use the current couriers (either FEDEX or UPS) for international packages - NOT DHL!!! What goes around, comes around, baby....

86 months ago

I was laid off last november and I now work at Fed-ex. Fed-ex has a 15% increase in international, and from what I hear moral is pretty low at the new DHL.

Ranger Man in Hillsboro, Ohio

86 months ago

Mike Carnevale in Woonsocket, Rhode Island said: That is strange. I am a reseller for DHL and own aterritory. As far as I see business is striving. We are 25%-35% less than FedEx and UPS . If you were laid off the only thing I can say is maybe you were not meeting expectations. This is the largest overnight shipping company in the world. Think about it

I think your crazy to think that DHL is doing a good job,look at what's happened at Wilmington,Ohio.ABX AIR was making money every year and they come in and now 8000 people will be out of work because of it.DHL spends sooooooo much money when it is not needed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

getriddabush in Phoenix, Arizona

83 months ago

I want to thank DHL for a great all-expenses paid trip to Seattle back in 2006. I never saw that town before, and the Spring-Summer was fantastic. I was hired by DHL and immediately sent to Seattle for 'knowledge transfer'. Of course the local Airbourne workers were 'too busy' being pissed off to help teach me anything, so I sat around a lot. There was no managerial leadership in Seattle or Scottsdale. American management has the idea that the less they get involved with you the better - consequently they don't do anything, and you don't learn anything.

Joe Watson in North Hollywood, California

83 months ago

QSR used to handle Airborne's calls. What does QSR stand for anyway?

J

83 months ago

mungrin in ny, New York said: i know of a million dollar DHL account,they probably gonna switch to UPS

I think alot of companies are switching to different "freight forwarders". And the companies DHL recruits back, won't stay long when they figure it all out.

J

83 months ago

BPNJ in Livingston, New Jersey said: Yeah, I've heard of karma...back at DHL. UPS has gained 10% of their international business in 2008 - DHL will NOT SURVIVE doing just international freight business. People will use the current couriers (either FEDEX or UPS) for international packages - NOT DHL!!! What goes around, comes around, baby....[/QUOTE

Boy it is the truth what goes around does come around and God Bless You for letting me remember that today.

Bloomberg

78 months ago

BPNJ in Livingston, New Jersey said: Yeah, I've heard of karma...back at DHL. UPS has gained 10% of their international business in 2008 - DHL will NOT SURVIVE doing just international freight business. People will use the current couriers (either FEDEX or UPS) for international packages - NOT DHL!!! What goes around, comes around, baby....

I hope that every person at DHL who protected their own best interests and that of their families will realize how many people they affected not only here in the U.S. but in other countries as well. To every person who gained from their decisions of laying off hard working people with seniority and who did work their asses off and were constantly brought down to the level of pea may their lives change the way they changed that of others. Their decision making and hurtful comments, shrugged off excuses to listen to their employees. Disrespect for many, favoritism for many and team leaders who gradually made it to the top hurting those who played major roles in them receiving raises, bonuses and how they played them for fools. Manipulating, calculous, and not seeing what was really happening to many who they shattered their lives completely.

Lyzard in Portland, Oregon

78 months ago

My husband is a driver for DHL. He told me yesterday that there's a rumor that DHL is trying to bring back domestic, but management at his warehouse won't comment--of course.

Apparently, DHL is offering $75k severance to current working active union workers; $25k severance to the laid off active union workers. They can come back to work for DHL, but at $14 driver/$12 dock worker. This is going up for union vote.

Has anyone out there heard about this?

78 months ago

Lyzard in Portland, Oregon said: My husband is a driver for DHL. He told me yesterday that there's a rumor that DHL is trying to bring back domestic, but management at his warehouse won't comment--of course.

Apparently, DHL is offering $75k severance to current working active union workers; $25k severance to the laid off active union workers. They can come back to work for DHL, but at $14 driver/$12 dock worker. This is going up for union vote.

Has anyone out there heard about this?

Ive heard about it, but union members voted no to the agreement. DHL has another company called GLOBAL FORWARDING and are paying the employees $14 an hour. Its just a matter of time before DHL break's the union. Global Forwarding are introducing domestic shipments next year and have already begun using DHL's airplanes. THEY ARE CROOKS and no matter how hard the union fights DHL will get their way.

78 months ago

yesterday

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

I'Ve heard that Fedex is buying Dhl is this true?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mungrin in ny, New York

78 months ago

Ranger Man in Hillsboro, Ohio said: I'Ve heard that Fedex is buying Dhl is this true?

DHL isn't worth $20 here in the US.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

I hope Fedex does buy Dhl so they can get all the people back from being laid off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

whyowhy in Birmingham, United Kingdom

77 months ago

Was just browsing the internet to see if their were other people as disgruntled with the running of dhl and stumbled across this site. I am based in the uk and from what I have read on here it seems dhl cant run a buisness in any country!Here in the uk we seem to have the same problems as you with a very poorly run establishment and the constant wasting of money on ridiculous ideas! too many managers with ridiculous ideas who only care about their own asses. Why does no one come down to ground level to ask the employees how to do the job properly? In the uk the way forward for dhl is franchised couriers and people delivering parcels from home in their cars???!!! anyway I sincerely hope all you guys have found better employers who treat you right and you can be proud to work for. take care guys.

Fatman in Tracy, California

76 months ago

why o why in Birmingham, United Kingdom said: Was just browsing the internet to see if their were other people as disgruntled with the running of dhl and stumbled across this site. I am based in the uk and from what I have read on here it seems dhl cant run a buisness in any country!Here in the uk we seem to have the same problems as you with a very poorly run establishment and the constant wasting of money on ridiculous ideas! too many managers with ridiculous ideas who only care about their own asses. Why does no one come down to ground level to ask the employees how to do the job properly? In the uk the way forward for dhl is franchised couriers and people delivering parcels from home in their cars???!!! anyway I sincerely hope all you guys have found better employers who treat you right and you can be proud to work for. take care guys.

The word on the street yesterday was that DHL had sold off its domestic UK business and will keep only the internal express and international air freight. Apparently they are doing the same in France. It looks like that what happened in the U. S. last year may the model for what they intend to do in the rest of the world.
BTW, FEDEX will not buy DHL and, even if they did, they would not bring back any of the laid off DHL drivers. The small amount of freight DHL handles would just add stop density to their existing route structure and they have plenty of excess capacity anyway. Not to mention that FEDEX has never had much fondness for the Teamsters anyway.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.