How to get a job at DHL.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

Do you work at DHL? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

thomas m jones in Birmingham, Alabama

92 months ago

.com

Objective To be placed in a position where I can grow as a professional as well as an employee.
Experience Driver
052006-062007 Allsouth Appliance, Birmingham , Al
§ Communicated openly with the sales staff, and contractors.
§ Delivered and installed appliances
§ Traveled round trip daily 100-200 miles
Driver
042005-052006 and 062002-112003 Birmingham Beverage Company, Birmingham , Al
§ Delivered to different restaurants and stores
§ Interacted with different nationalities on a daily basis
§ Performed daily accounting duties regarding checks and balances of deliveries.
Driver
112003-042005 MBC United, Homewood , Al
§ Corresponded with the warehouse and dispatcher regarding stops.
§ Had face to face contact with the public, and with the vendors
§ Performed daily accounting duties regarding checks and balances of deliveries
Warehouse Clerk
022001-062002 Joshen Paper & Packaging, Birmingham , Al§ Shipping, receiving and also delivery
§ Operated a forklift and supervised and participated in the loading and unloading of trucks.
§ Performed Configuration at the end of the day.
§ Kept records of all merchandise coming in and out of the warehouse.
Education Lawson State Community College , Birmingham , Al1991-1993
§ Major; Business Administration
Related Skills Mailroom Supervision District Manager Regions bank 1993-1994
Cash Management Clerk AmSouth Bank 1995-1998
Cash Management Clerk SouthTrust Bank 1999-2000
Door Line Assembly worker Ogihara 1998-1999

References References are available on request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
Check out fitting gifts for grads at Yahoo! Search. DeleteReplyForwardSpamMove...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

thomas m jones in Birmingham, Alabama

92 months ago

when can i start? i'm very interested in working for a company that i am used to. a fast going place that gets the job done and that pays pretty well. look forward to hear from you.thanks 205-356-1327. thomas michael jones jr.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

jcolbert in Newburgh, New York

92 months ago

I'm a DHL driver in Newburgh NY. First and foremost, make sure it's a Union job! I happened across it while randomly filling out applications, they called, didn't think I had a prayer. Took the drug test/physical and started the next week. Still had to get my CDL license and hazmat endorsement, but they worked with me. Laws have changed since 9/11 as have company rules. My suggestion, if your serious, get the CDL class "c" license first. It's a little pricey ($150.00 in NY), an extra added bonus would be to get the Haz-Mat endorsement also very pricey with full background check and fingerprints!!! At least if you don't get hired by DHL, you've got credentials that may help you get into FedEx or UPS. Don't go through the expense unless you get positive approval for a job... negotiate. Be prepared, it's not an easy job. Frustration, navigation and long hours are what your in for. Map reading, organization, ability to think on the fly combined with time comittments will make or break you (a portable GPS helps, at your own cost). We're in the business of speed, Nascar drivers couldn't do what we do... there's no time for hot women or hot guys... you'll see. But the money and overtime make up for all that, there's lots to be made!!!! Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Yeah in Central Islip, New York

92 months ago

I saw that DHL was hiring drivers.I read the ad and nowhere did it say that they were only hiring "Part-time guys". I don't know if this "Part-time" thing is indicative nationwide but is seems that way here in Ronkonkoma, Long island. They told me that they could only give me 2-4 hours a day running random mini routes in the area, as well as maybe some warehouse stuff. Also they only offer "full-time" to those not based on job performance but if they appear to consistantly be putting in a certain amount of hours. I guarantee you'll notice the hours before they will. The pay was also low on top of all of that. I guess they have their "elite' Full-timers crew and only need a few peasants to pick up the slack like all the others.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

John Doe in Brooklyn, New York

89 months ago

DHL needs a lot of work. They crap on new employees, and the union is no help if you don't know anyone. There are rumors that UPS wants to buy a 30% chunk in the parent company of DHL but no one wants to talk about that. DHL has a long way to go, and unless you have skin thick like leather, good luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

bama sherill in Alabama

75 months ago

thomas m jones in Birmingham, Alabama said: .com

DHL North America is in serious financial trouble, losing in the neighborhood of 6 million per year. UPS deal is crumbling. DHL has already grounded their 727's. They have laid off most of their sorters at the main facility in Wilmington, Ohio. This is not a company I would look for permanent work. True, they may be hiring, but it is due to attrition, only filling positions whose days are numbered anyway.
Those DHL employees who can find work else where are running to new jobs. DHL Euro has the money, but wants to cut loses here in the U.S. They will keep their Euro to U.S. port operations open, however beyond that, I doubt that DHL can emerge from the ashes, UNLESS.... they finagle a bail out from the U.S. government? I'm not putting money on that, because they had financial problems before bail outs were an option and....it is a German owned company. My advice to prospective applicants; RUN AWAY, FAR AWAY!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Success in Somerset West, South Africa

20 months ago

Hi there. I am Success from DHL Express South Africa. All you need is is speed, passion, focus, motivation that will make you provide great customer quality which will make your clients loyal and pr.... You won't regreat working at DHL believe me and good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.