How to get a job at Davita.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (34)

Host

Do you work at Davita? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Tysheka Williams in New Orleans, Louisiana

87 months ago

I REALLY trying to apply for this job and i want to know how could i apply for this job I am a certifide nurse asst.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (63) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Tysheka Williams in New Orleans, Louisiana

87 months ago

Tysheka Williams in New Orleans, Louisiana said: I REALLY trying to apply for this job and i want to know how could i apply for this job I am a certifide nurse asst.

Please email me instructions to gather information on bringing my skills and abilities to this job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Ron Goldstien in Long Beach, California

86 months ago

My friend used to work there at the corporate office in El Segundo, CA. I have been to the corporate office and it is a nice looking facility. However, they treat their employees like crap. I don't recommend getting a job their if you know what's best for you. If you are looking for longevity and stability, DaVita corporate is not the choice for you. They scream core values and do not abide by any of them. Very contradicting company as is the President and CEO. He does backflips down the hallway and he is 50 years old. Crazy!

In sum, I know plenty of people that have dedicated their life to DaVita, which in my opinion is crazy, but DaVita screwed them over big time. If you go on an interview ask them what their turnover rate is. You will be blown away!!

*If you are a nurse.....two thumbs up. Go for it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

kamau in Hacienda Heights, California

86 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Davita? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

It is very hard to get a job with Davita, ask me went for the interview went well and didn't get to hear from them for almost one month and finally when i called the interviewer had the nerve to call and tell me that they decided to promote from inhouse, whey advertise for the job when you can promote from within. I felt that it was stupid, you might be lucky but not in NW tacoma office and the interviewer was Monica.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Susan in Granite City, Illinois

86 months ago

Ron is right-- they do treat the employees like crap.
I worked for a clinic that had a totally inept floozy working as the facility administrator.
Often she would schedule me as the only RN in a 12 chair clinic for a 15 hour day. It was impossible to take a break.

Meanwhile she'd be running around town getting her hair and nails done. When she did show up for work she'd wear low cut dresses, high heals, huge fake nails and (I'm not exaggerating) false eye lashes.
The morale was so low at that clinic, and out of desperation I wrote to some higher- ups in the company asking for help because she was running the clinic into the ground. Well, guess what? They gave her a copy of my letter, and 2 weeks later I was fired for fabricated reasons.
Even the medical director of the facilty tried to step in on my behalf, to no avail. I had worked there for 10 years.
Whatever.
Life goes on and now I'm happily employed at a hospital as a critical care nurse.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Allison

86 months ago

I got a call back recently for a social work position in the downtown dialysis unit. It was for a maternity leave replacement. I would start out as part time, go to full time while the mother was on maternity leave and then go back to part time. I wouldn't mind except I am relocating to Michigan from another state and need a solid income.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Miss Smith in Atlanta, Georgia

86 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Davita? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I never worked for Davita I have tried to go online and apply many of times but was never able to but I here that it is a great company to work for. I just recently moved to Warner Robins,Georgia and I have been working in dialysis for 9 years and I am experience with Gambro Phoniex machines, Fresenius 2008K machines, and a couple more.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Diane Diggs in Baltimore, Maryland

85 months ago

Iwant to know how to apply to get in the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Diane Diggs in Baltimore, Maryland

85 months ago

Iwent to an open house a couple years ago and was very impressed with company. A rep gave me his card and I have been trying to reach him on and off to no avail. I ran across his card today and call the number.Unfortunely a voice mail came on from a young lady who stated that this number is no longer for employment purposes and referred me to the wesite.Once at the web site I thought I would be able to fill out and application, which is not the case. Please help,Thank You.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ann in Aurora, Colorado

85 months ago

I work at DaVita and it's the best company I have ever worked for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

jessie jenkins in Inkster, Michigan in Birmingham, Michigan

85 months ago

Iam seeking employment at davita dialysis in these cities inthe state of Michigan, Livionia, dearborn , Detroit and Westland . Iwould like to know why Iam having so many problems getting employment ther . Iam a Social Worker with a Masters' degree in Social Work . What do you thin the problem is?
Thank You kindly
MRs Jessie Jenkins

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Allison

85 months ago

I got a call back for a part time leave replacement position and I have a MSW in Social Work also. I am not sure if they have full time positions right now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

rohmell brills in paisely park, New York

84 months ago

Tysheka Williams in New Orleans, Louisiana said: I REALLY trying to apply for this job and i want to know how could i apply for this job I am a certifide nurse asst.

First, lern how two spel 'certified'.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Dorothy Smith in Marietta, Georgia

84 months ago

could you please give me some hints

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Dorothy Smith in Marietta, Georgia

84 months ago

can you tell me are there any job fair in the Atlanta area

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Sienna Miller in Utica, Michigan

82 months ago

jessie jenkins in Inkster, Michigan in Birmingham, Michigan said: Iam seeking employment at davita dialysis in these cities inthe state of Michigan, Livionia, dearborn , Detroit and Westland . Iwould like to know why Iam having so many problems getting employment ther . Iam a Social Worker with a Masters' degree in Social Work . What do you thin the problem is?
Thank You kindly
MRs Jessie Jenkins

I applied at the clinic in Pontiac last Tuesday, and so far nothing. I thought the interview went well, but who knows...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

NephGirl in Detroit, Michigan

82 months ago

For the Michigan people:
Allison: Fisher Building, right? I am unsure of their policy, but they don't call back if you don't get the job. I think this is unprofessional. I was also interviewed there.

For all the other MI Davita people, it took me a LONG time to find a job here. It's the economy, we're the worst in the U.S. I was hired at Davita due to networking. You have to know someone within the company (preferably an administrator or doctor or someone who has been there a long time). I was hired shortly after another employee recommended me. Look for people in the business and network, network, network. One thing I have learned is 80% of jobs are not posted online, you have to find them through word of mouth. Good luck!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kim Vincent in Nashville, Tennessee

80 months ago

I've read your comment and I'm a recruiter from Renal Advantage Inc. We are the fourth largest dialysis company in the country and we own and operate over 80 dialysis clinics in 11 states. I'd like to invite you to our website www.renaladvantage.com. If you have any problems with the website or applying for any of our positions, please call me directly at 615-507-3337. Thank you and I hope you take the chance to look at our opportunities.

Kim Vincent
Renal Advantage Inc.
615-507-3337

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Brittney Payne in granite City, Illinois

79 months ago

Im excitted about looking for a position with Davita and I have heard nothing but wonderful things about the company...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ana Dantas in Baltimore, Maryland

78 months ago

What a small World!!
God bless you, Ana

Ana Dantas in Baltimore, Maryland

78 months ago

Diane Diggs in Baltimore, Maryland said: Iwent to an open house a couple years ago and was very impressed with company. A rep gave me his card and I have been trying to reach him on and off to no avail. I ran across his card today and call the number.Unfortunely a voice mail came on from a young lady who stated that this number is no longer for employment purposes and referred me to the wesite.Once at the web site I thought I would be able to fill out and application, which is not the case. Please help,Thank You.

What a small World!!
God bless you,
Ana Dantas

Richard_Green in Atlanta, Georgia

77 months ago

How much does Davita pay thier Reuse techs?
Howm nay hours a week does a Reuse Tech make?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Sassy1 in Beaumont, Texas

74 months ago

Ron is so right. I worked for DaVita for several yrs and it was by far the worst place I have ever worked. They definatly don't practice what they preach and if you question anything or suggest anything, your time is limited.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tracy in Ashtabula, Ohio

72 months ago

Sassy1 in Beaumont, Texas said: Ron is so right. I worked for DaVita for several yrs and it was by far the worst place I have ever worked. They definatly don't practice what they preach and if you question anything or suggest anything, your time is limited.

How much does a PCT make there??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jenna Cone in Cortez, Colorado

72 months ago

I guess I was lucky when I got the job at DaVita. I live in a small town so there are not many options. On most levels I feel like the company takes care of me. But on some things like trying to go to school and work full time, i was not supported like I should have been. I still love working there and I am trying to get into being a Travel PCT. The only thing that I can suggest to anyone trying to apply is make a huge impression on the Boss and call nonstop. Bring in the application as well as applying online. And bring a resume. You have to present all the best qualities when you apply. Dialysis is not for everyone, they look for a specific type of person. They look for a strong hard-working person. Someone that can really care for the patients instead of caring for themselves. Its hard to sort through who would be that and who wouldn't. So keep trying, calling, stopping by. Let them get to know you as a person. The harder you try, the more worthwhile it will be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tracy in Geneva, Ohio

72 months ago

Jenna, thanks for your response it was helpful. I live in a small town too. What requirements did you need to get the job as a PCT? Who exactly does the hiring?(the administrator there?) And what is the actual starting pay as a PCT? Anything you can tell me will be helpful.

Thank you

Tracy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Memphis, Tennessee

72 months ago

Ron Goldstien in Long Beach, California said: My friend used to work there at the corporate office in El Segundo, CA. I have been to the corporate office and it is a nice looking facility. However, they treat their employees like crap. I don't recommend getting a job their if you know what's best for you. If you are looking for longevity and stability, DaVita corporate is not the choice for you. They scream core values and do not abide by any of them. Very contradicting company as is the President and CEO. He does backflips down the hallway and he is 50 years old. Crazy!

In sum, I know plenty of people that have dedicated their life to DaVita, which in my opinion is crazy, but DaVita screwed them over big time. If you go on an interview ask them what their turnover rate is. You will be blown away!!

*If you are a nurse.....two thumbs up. Go for it!

I have a interview for an clinical administrative assistant tomorrow, 8-13-08. do you know anyone who has worked for the facility in Memphis, Tennessee and what their thoughts are about becoming employed with Davita.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

genesis love in Cincinnati, Ohio

71 months ago

a friend of mine works at one f the offices out of cincinnati and she loves it, i tried to get my foot in the door b/c they have excellent benefits and i applied to 6 new centers that are opening now and have just opened up recently. i hope i get a call back, they need pct bad

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jco8301 in Athens, Illinois

70 months ago

Kim Vincent in Nashville, Tennessee said: I've read your comment and I'm a recruiter from Renal Advantage Inc. We are the fourth largest dialysis company in the country and we own and operate over 80 dialysis clinics in 11 states. I'd like to invite you to our website www.renaladvantage.com . Thank you and I hope you take the chance to look at our opportunities.

Kim Vincent
Renal Advantage Inc.

I applied with both Renal Advantage and Davita at the same time for an RN position. Davita got back to me within a week. Renal Advantage never even called to acknowledge my application was received!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

want to work for davita in Lewisville, Texas

69 months ago

What is the job setting like at the DavitaRX location in Coppell, TX. How is the dress code. how is the opportunity for growth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mfdervin@hotmail.com in Chicago, Illinois

41 months ago

I recently finished Dialysis Training school. I been applying for several jobs but they want you to have experience. How do you get the experience if no one is willing to hire you? They want you to be experienced but you still have to go through there training also. This is very frustrating and unfair, so now I'm wondering did I waste money on a course that no one is willing to give you a chance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Disappointed in Hurricane, West Virginia

40 months ago

I applied for a position with Davita back in late December 2010. I was called by Davita at the end of January 2011. I went through 4 phone interviews that week. I was told I was a definate candidate for the Patient Liasion position since I had experience in the medical field. I was told that once some other candidates were spoken to I would be contacted for an "In Person" interview. At least once per week I would email the person I was in contact with to make sure of my status. Finally on March 22 2011 I had the face to face interview. The man that interviewed started off by saying " Everyone that has spoken with you just loves you and thinks that you are a perfect fit for Davita". He proceeded to tell me what my responsibilities would be and also asked if I had spoken with my former employer about making the job move and if they were alright with me leaving them? I told them that it would be fine, I was ready to work for them and I would be excellent at this position because of my experience. He told me what I would be provided (laptop, etc..). All in all the interview went well. Upon leaving the interview I was told that he looked forward to working with me and that we would make a great team! Also told me that the girl from Human Resources would be calling me on Friday to give me salary and benefit details. I left the interview so excited. I was waiting until the call from human resources on Friday before I gave my official notice. I received a phone message from human resources on Friday telling me that I did not get the job, and they would keep my info on file. WHAT? Not only was I devastated because of how mislead I had been but not even the decency to ask me to call back so that an actual person could tell me? After I have spent weeks hoping for this position, that is the least they could do. Thank God I didn't give my notice prior to Friday. Please be careful with this company. Interviewing process very misleading!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

ambfat in Houston, Texas

38 months ago

same thing happened to me as you they interviewed me made my hope high and in less than a days emailed me that i cannot be hired without telling me any reason

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.