Daniel A. Winters & Co., Cpas Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Daniel A. Winters & Co., Cpas?

What do you like best about working at Daniel A. Winters & Co., Cpas? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

JerseyJessie in Jersey City, New Jersey

43 months ago

The average starting salaries are in the low 40s and in some cases high 30s.

Verbal bonuses are given at Christmas but it generally takes 1-2 months to actually receive your check.

Benefits are very good, full health coverage with nothing paid out of the employees pocket.

During your initial interview, you will be told you will get yearly reviews including salary reviews but during my years there, not one employee received a review in less than 2 years.

The travel requirements varies by position but can be as much as twice per month to as little as once per year. If you travel out of town for overnight travel, they want their to pay for their hotel stay and meals up front and get reimbursed after the fact. The daily meal allowance was capped at $22 when I left the company approximately 2 years ago.

There are no great perks or special treats (unless you consider a round of 9 hole golf a treat once per year).

In my opinion this a good entry level position out of college if you can't find anything else after several months of searching but as soon as you get a foot in the door start looking right away because you wont enjoy working here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

DillyDally in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

28 months ago

The starting salary is still the same. Expect to make that salary for at least two years with promises of a yearly review over and over again. The benefit plans have gotten worse. While they do pay for all health care they reduced the benefits every year I was there. I would have rather paid a little to get actual coverage. The companies they go through are not highly recognizably.

I would never start working there unless you are really desperate. No amount of compensation is worth the hassle of working there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Brokensoul in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

19 months ago

Starting salaries are in the low 40's and if you apply for payroll auditor it is as low as 35k. They will tell you that you get yearly reviews, but trust me, you won't get it!! You can't get a raise without the review. After 2 years you might finally get a review, but the amount they offer you will be way below market rate! They will say that it is a review of your first year even though you have been there for 2 years. Then wait another 2 years to get the review for your "second" year. This place will take from you left and right but god forbid you ask for a day off to go see a doctor. You will get the third degree. You will spend a good 2-3 hours explaining why you need to go to the doctor. Then they will ask if it is really necessary because this is a very busy time of the year, even when it isn't. According to the younger partner, work comes first. Nothing is more important that work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brokensoul in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

19 months ago

The only special perk is free bagels for breakfast on Fridays, but they recycle any bagels not used on week for the next.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.