Davita Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Davita?

What do you like best about working at Davita? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Michele in Houston, Texas

95 months ago

I am interested in the answer to the question

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (138) / No (39) Reply - Report abuse

Jen in Lacey, Washington

95 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Davita?

What do you like best about working at Davita? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

There are great benefits at DaVita - it is an employee driven company - I only left due to a job closer to my home

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (70) / No (50) Reply - Report abuse

Susan in Aberdeen, Washington

93 months ago

I agree that 15-16 patients per RN is unsafe. I am very close to quitting for that reason. (another dialyis company - sounds like they are all the same, at least the big companies anyway!)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

MedStudent in Leavenworth, Kansas

89 months ago

I worked at a county dialysis clinic (a competitor of davita) as a patient care tech for awhile until I had to quit to focus on my classes and I hate to say it but the nurse to patient ratio almost in any clinic you go to isn't that great. We had one nurse to thirty three patients an LPN who never got off of her butt and about four techs for the twelve hour shift. I've never worked so hard in my entire life but I soon realized thats the way things are ran. Its really sad but true, some patients didn't get the quality care that they deserved because the techs, nurses and other staff were never on the same page. The team work was horrible and it was ridiculous how bad the gossip was in the unit. The way things were ran was also sad, it seemed like they kept the ones who wanted to gossip and got rid of the ones who busted their butts!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Simone in Phoenix, Arizona

29 months ago

Time to Move On... in Dayton, Ohio said: Wow, I thought that was just in my region...you certainly hit the nail on the head...

You are exactly right. Hard working and lets not forget honest work are not valued. The silly, dishonest, unprofessional workers are promoted. I would love to see a strike situation. Not one worker, (nurse, tech, resuse, bio)come into work. Can you imagine it's 3 am and management coming out of the ivory towers and dialyze these patients. They can't do it,a bunch talking bobble heads. Management would faint in the middle of the treatment floor; not knowing how to trouble shoot the machines, respond to a patient going out, put in orders, adjust treatments, round with the nasty doctors, take orders and esp from someone who can barely speak clear english and have the nerve to get an attitude when you ask them to repeat the order.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

DaViter4Life in Phoenix, Arizona

12 months ago

Starting pay is dependant on the FA (Facility Administrator) as well as yearly raises. Well, it's on the ROD but if your FA won't suggest it, they won't think twice of leaving you at $12.50 an hour. At my clinic my FA starts most PCTs with medical experience at $12.50 with a $2.00 raise after passing your CCHT test. She also considers how long it took to train you, how hard you work, etc. I started as a PCT without experience at $11.50 to an Admin. Assistant/Office Manager at $16.00 in under a year (and my FA wants to try for another raise this year). It's hard and sometimes the management can get crazy but we all joke that they pay well enough to ignore it. LOL. Benefits are decent. Don't expect many vacations, the "DaVita Dinosaurs" don't really pick up thr slack for the newer crowd and if you're the only person that can do a certain task (reuse, pt intake, etc.) It's hard to find coverage. I've had other FAs ask me to do intake or reports for them. My best advice is to cross-train. Learn all you can! Especially Reuse or admin stuff, learn Snappy, become a preceptor if you can! Word on the street is they will soon be grading workers by skill and paying accordingly (mostly because ppl who haven't done more than patient care for 15+ years are making about as much as RNs/LPNs). Those that are currently working, check and see what grade you have. I'm an AA and CCHT and I'm considered a level 3 clinician. As for bonuses, they are pretty good. My December bonus was a nice present and the quotas aren't hard to make. I will say that this job isn't for loners. I've seen two come in during my time, one was fired in 9mos. and the other took that as a cue to stop being such a jerk. This isn't a job for antisocial ppl. The gossip is lame, but it depends on your clinic. Mine isn't too bad but I have worked at others and there is always one person that wants to know how so-and-so is doing. Which takes me back to not being antisocial. Your get a rep pretty fast here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Christy Horton in Chandler, Arizona

12 months ago

DaViter4Life in Phoenix, Arizona said: Starting pay is dependant on the FA (Facility Administrator) as well as yearly raises. Well, it's on the ROD but if your FA won't suggest it, they won't think twice of leaving you at $12.50 an hour. At my clinic my FA starts most PCTs with medical experience at $12.50 with a $2.00 raise after passing your CCHT test. She also considers how long it took to train you, how hard you work, etc. I started as a PCT without experience at $11.50 to an Admin. Assistant/Office Manager at $16.00 in under a year (and my FA wants to try for another raise this year). It's hard and sometimes the management can get crazy but we all joke that they pay well enough to ignore it. LOL. Benefits are decent. Don't expect many vacations, the "DaVita Dinosaurs" don't really pick up thr slack for the newer crowd and if you're the only person that can do a certain task (reuse, pt intake, etc.) It's hard to find coverage. I've had other FAs ask me to do intake or reports for them. My best advice is to cross-train. Learn all you can! Especially Reuse or admin stuff, learn Snappy, become a preceptor if you can! Word on the street is they will soon be grading workers by skill and paying accordingly (mostly because ppl who haven't done more than patient care for 15+ years are making about as much as RNs/LPNs). Those that are currently working, check and see what grade you have. I'm an AA and CCHT and I'm considered a level 3 clinician. As for bonuses, they are pretty good. My December bonus was a nice present and the quotas aren't hard to make. I will say that this job isn't for loners. I've seen two come in during my time, one was fired in 9mos. and the other took that as a cue to stop being such a jerk. This isn't a job for antisocial ppl. The gossip is lame, but it depends on your clinic. Mine isn't too bad but I have worked at others and there is always one person that wants to know how so-and-so is doing. Which takes me back to not being antisocial

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

DaViter4Life in Phoenix, Arizona

12 months ago

Christy Horton in Chandler, Arizona said: WOW! Thanks for all your GREAT information. My challenge is that I am a CNA but do NOT have the dialysis education, certification.
1. Will they consider candidates that are not dialysis certified & allow you to obtain this within the 18 months per CMS guidelines? .......or do you HAVE to have it in order to be even considered?

Grateful for any help! ;)

No. Truth is no one has dialysis experience. And you can't do a CCHT exam without 6 months experience working with patients. However, there are some schools that have dialysis tech programs. I think Brown Mackie does. They generally so prefer those with medical experience. Most of the techs I know were PCTs or MAs beforehand. I've only met one former CNA but her personality wasn't suited for it. My preceptor was a former phlebotomist and I have two former LPNs. But a lot are people like me that didn't do anything medical related besides a couple college courses or less. Thankfully I had my CPR card. Lol.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

DaViter4Life in Phoenix, Arizona

12 months ago

Christy Horton in Chandler, Arizona said: I've also applied this week to Fresenius. Do you have any opinion on that company?
Just curious as to what your thoughts are.

Again, THANK YOU! I'll venture to say you are very good in your position as you obviously like helping people! ;)

I love my job. Dialsysis is in my blood. Haha. My aunt was a hemo pt for 28 years. Even if I didn't love DaVita I would be grateful for the care they provided toward the end of her life. My grandfather was also a hemo pt hit with FMC. Personally, I like the Fresenius employees, pay is about $6 more on average but the workload is greater. I have a coworker that worked for FMC and she says the money isn't worth is compared to DaVita's attention of care to their staff. I know it isn't always perfect, too demanding most days, but FMC has gotta be crap if ppl jump ship for us. Either way, I know ppl that work out well at FMC and I have friends and family that work there. My grandfather's experience in their left a bad taste in my mouth. Their attention to the pt seems too distracted, there is no connection. I also don't approve of some of the nurses that come from FMC to DaVita. Sadly, I've lost more than a few nurses I did like to FMC. DaVita is very about the "DaVita Way" to the point of sounding cult-ish and I know ppl that are fired for not conforming or passed for jobs due to a lack of "DaVita Culture." But they do a lot of team building, group projects, etc. It's lik cheer camp! FMC doesn't push any culture down your throat because it lacks any. I am not trying to discourage but I've also seen very good ppl passed up by FAs in favor of relatives/friends and I know some places have a high turnover, making training a new PCT unrealistic if they have a trained PCT from another clinic transferring. Best advice is keep trying! And I am decent at my job. Charisma is important. Lol.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

DaViter4Life in La Puente, California

9 months ago

raestar1 in California said: Hi, I have been trying to get a PCT job with Davita for about 2 months now. I finally was able to get a recruiter to contact me only to say that they chose to hire more experienced candidates. This bummed me out so bad. I have no experience nor any of the qualifications they PREFER, so I do understand. However, I wish they would have taken a chance to read my cover letter and still possibly consider me as a candidate. Kidney disease runs rampant throughout my family(Mom, grandpa, uncle, cousins, second cousins, siblings,ect.) so its nothing new to me. my mom is a dialysis patients and I stay with my mom while she's being dialyzed sometimes. So, I am not just some random person looking for a job. I have become very passionate with helping my mom with everything and I have compassion for what dialysis patients go through. Its crazy too because I have 1 reference from a Fresenius employee(Moms friend), 1 reference from a PCT at Davita, and 1 reference from the person who runs all of the Davita clinics in my area! So, you would think I had a good "In" but nope. I would love to work at Davita but I guess it might not happen for me. :( Unless I become a MA or CNA but that would be wasting time for me bleh. My whole idea was to get paid training to be a tech while I work towards my RN and then possibly become a nephrology nurse.

Do you think I still have a chance of getting in there? Or Fresenius maybe? Or hell maybe I should just give up :/

I would definitely go get your CNA! Every bit helps! Don't get discouraged, sometimes it just takes the right person to review your info. The recruiters can be kind of brainless. Best of luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

michelle 1208 in Memphis, Tennessee

3 months ago

DaViter4Life in La Puente, California said: I would definitely go get your CNA! Every bit helps! Don't get discouraged, sometimes it just takes the right person to review your info. The recruiters can michelbe kind of brainless. Best of luck!

So true....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

vickee03

15 days ago

What freaking davita is everybody working at that love it..seriously davita is just as full of crap as fresenius..davita starts out experienced pct workers at 11.50 n hour and only the idiots that kiss thas fa's ass will get all the raises n all the rest of us hard workers get crap on...its been one of the worse places i worked!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

vickee03

15 days ago

What freaking davita is everybody working at that love it..seriously davita is just as full of crap as fresenius..davita starts out experienced pct workers at 11.50 n hour and only the idiots that kiss thas fa's butt will get all the raises n all the rest of us hard workers get crap on...its been one of the worse places i worked! And our fa will never deal with cpmplaints only telling me well its your team call them..umm okay not effective duh thats why your suppose to be the boss and address issues not just use the bs davita way to not correct any issues in your clinic..i hate davita

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

vickee03

15 days ago

All dialysis sucks...davita fresenius ara..all of them are the same overloading pct n nurses n always just playing favorites to people that are kissing up to the fa..while the real hard workers do t get as big of raises as those brown nosers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.