Deloitte // R&D AERS // What's it like to be non-billable at Deloitte?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Expat Cape Codder in Westwood, New Jersey

87 months ago

Greetings,

I'm being recruited for a technical position, labeled "US AERS Technology – R&D System Architect (Senior Manager Level Position)".

I have a written job description and a location central Jersey) but that's pretty much it at this point. I'll be finding out more over the coming days and weeks, I'm sure.

I'm currently happily employed at a small consulting company in NYC and we focus on consulting. Deloitte reached out to me because of my mix of consulting and product development experience and it seems like a good fit.

As I progress through the interview process, I'll be asking these questions directly, but I think I can guess as to the character of their answers.

One question off the bat is this -- can someone decipher that title for me? What does "(senior manager)" mean? Is it like "senior manager" but with a hushed tone? (haha) But seriously, what does that entail?

What's it like to work at Deloitte in broad terms?

Would a location in central NJ be less/more/similar in culture to NYC?

I assume that an "R&D" position is not consulting / billing position. Would an unbillable R&D position be a "dead end" of sorts? Is there a career path?

Does anyone have a sense as to the career potential within Deloitte and specifically, the R&D group?

I'm not a job hopper and have very little interest in changing jobs, but Big 4 experience is often desired/requested for the higher level technology positions I see advertised everywhere. Would a Big 4 R&D background be as compelling as a Big 4 consulting background?

Any and all comments are more than welcome.

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.