Drug test policy at Deloitte

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (49)

Mike in Piedmont, West Virginia

88 months ago

Hello, I stumbled upon this forum looking for help on my upcoming interview for an internship at Deloitte. My resume is quite impressive and I believe that got my foot in the door. I feel confident about the interview but I am nervous about taking a drug test. I am currently a senior in college and I smoked marijuana on my birthday a few days ago. At that time I did not know I had an interview the following week. I know it is a touchy subject and I am sorry if this is an inappropriate topic. But I am extremely nervous that I will be given a drug test sometime during my interview, which could ultimately ruin my future.

If anyone can offer any input about if drug testing is a standard procedure upon interview that would be greatly appreciated. Also, is this the same for every Deloitte office?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

recruiter-NY in East Elmhurst, New York

88 months ago

Mikein Piedmont, West Virginia said: Hello, I stumbled upon this forum looking for help on my upcoming interview for an internship at Deloitte. My resume is quite impressive and I believe that got my foot in the door. I feel confident about the interview but I am nervous about taking a drug test. I am currently a senior in college and I smoked marijuana on my birthday a few days ago. At that time I did not know I had an interview the following week. I know it is a touchy subject and I am sorry if this is an inappropriate topic. But I am extremely nervous that I will be given a drug test sometime during my interview, which could ultimately ruin my future.

If anyone can offer any input about if drug testing is a standard procedure upon interview that would be greatly appreciated. Also, is this the same for every Deloitte office?

Keep your name off the post would be my first bit of knowledge. Next would be that if this is an isolated smoking than you will be fine in a week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Helper-DFW in Fort Worth, Texas

88 months ago

I agree with Recruiter-NY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Helper-DFW in Fort Worth, Texas

88 months ago

During the interview process you will not be tested. You will be tested after you accept a position and go to start work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

I am 100% positive you will not be tested until after several interviews.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

JustinK in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

88 months ago

Also 100% positive you will not be screened during the interview process. It is illegal for companies to issue a drug screen before an offer of employment has been extended.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

John in Detroit, Michigan

88 months ago

Any idea if it is a hair or urine test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JustinK in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

88 months ago

Most of the time it is a urine test. It's cheaper for the employer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

For the most part they test. Once you have accepted the job they will set you up to take the test...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

just curious in San Antonio, Texas

87 months ago

thanks! I am a college freshman so I have a while until I would interview but I want to make sure I don't ruin any future opportunities!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Steve

85 months ago

I want to work at Deloitte, however, I really like getting smoking weed and getting high on the weekends.
What should I do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

recruiter-NY in Pontiac, Michigan

85 months ago

If you cannot stop for a couple weeks than you are not in the right field(no pun intended). I like having some laughs on the weekends as well, but come on... One time... One test... Than you will have enough $ to really relax...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

doesn't matter in Addison, Illinois

85 months ago

ike in Piedmont, West Virginia said: Thank you for your help. This has been literally keeping me up at night. It is great peace of mind to know that I will not be tested upon interview. This will be the last time I have to worry about this, as I will not be taking anymore chances.

Are you quite positive that I will not be tested at the interview, no matter what branch? If there is any doubt I plan to get some sort of herbal detoxification. I have worked too hard to let this jeopardize my future.

I cannot thank you enough; I greatly appreciate your help.

Now I can finally sleep at night!!

if you have to take a drug test you can pass it. There are several safe ways to do so. Just google pass drug test and there are several places that will send you some herbal supplements. You have to start about 2 weeks prior to your drug test. You take the supplements and start the process with a cranberry juice flush out. Then you start drinking about 1 gallon of water throughout the day for about 10 days. The company also provides you with a test stick where you can test your urine. You can also get this in a drug store. The day of the test, you also have to drink the water. Don't drink too much as then your urine will be too diluted and you will have to take the test again. This really works.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Voice of Reason in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

85 months ago

There's some really good and some really horrible advice here.

First if all, most are correct when they say that you will not be drug tested until after you've accepted an offer. They are wrong however about the time it takes to clean your system, or using alternative methods to fool the test. Deloitte does not use the el cheapo drug tests that you can get from the pharmacy and fool with an overage of beef and cranberry juice. They use an outside services, usually Quest Diagnostics or something similar. These companies use top-of-the-line urine tests that are analyzed in a lab and designed to detect people who try to flush. What will usually happen is that you'll have an inconclusive test and have to retest, basically buying you about 3-5 days.

Marijuana is the worst drug to use prior to a drug test. It stays in your system for at least 30 days. Not a week, not two weeks, THIRTY DAYS. Even cocaine only stays for 3 days. My advice would be to 1. not smoke again (duh), 2. never use your name on a site related to the company you want to work at where the HR recruiter can easily put 2 and 2 together (duh) and 3. NOT take supplements as they only make it seem like you're hiding something.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Pj in Melbourne, Florida

85 months ago

Mike in Piedmont, West Virginia said: Hello, I stumbled upon this forum looking for help on my upcoming interview for an internship at Deloitte. My resume is quite impressive and I believe that got my foot in the door. I feel confident about the interview but I am nervous about taking a drug test. I am currently a senior in college and I smoked marijuana on my birthday a few days ago. At that time I did not know I had an interview the following week. I know it is a touchy subject and I am sorry if this is an inappropriate topic. But I am extremely nervous that I will be given a drug test sometime during my interview, which could ultimately ruin my future.

THP (grass) will last a full month in your system so if you are serious about getting a good job with a great company..lay off the grass.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

friend in Houston, Texas

84 months ago

Find a different way of having fun with out the use of drugs. You will have a much better life in the long run.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (44) Reply - Report abuse

DTS in Winter Park, Florida

84 months ago

I don't appreciate it when an employer tries to restrict what you do in your personal life. Nobody makes you take an alcohol test before they hire you. I smoke on weekends, and it doesn't impair me at my work at all. In fact, every company I've ever worked for (I'm a computer programmer) has been very happy with my performance. Luckily, none of the companies I have worked for have felt the need to invade my privacy or make judgements about my lifestyle.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

JustinK in Plymouth, Michigan

84 months ago

DTS in Winter Park, Florida said: I don't appreciate it when an employer tries to restrict what you do in your personal life. Nobody makes you take an alcohol test before they hire you. I smoke on weekends, and it doesn't impair me at my work at all. In fact, every company I've ever worked for (I'm a computer programmer) has been very happy with my performance. Luckily, none of the companies I have worked for have felt the need to invade my privacy or make judgements about my lifestyle.

There is a difference though. Alcohol is a legal substance, where smoking (I'm assuming you mean pot there) is an illegal substance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

Always been employeed in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

84 months ago

Best advice I can give, go 30 days or longer prior to any job searching that could result in a acceptance offer and lead up to a test. Once you have accepted the job and talk to a few co-workers you will find they never ever, ever test you again. Then enjoy life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Some of you people have issues in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

84 months ago

First of all, it's THC, Tetrahydrocannabinol, not THP unless your talking about The Hunger Project!!
Second, the guy that made the point about alcohol versus grass has a good point, but unfortunately the government is too stupid to realize these things. I think it's population control, because more people die in alcohol accidents than marijuana related accidents.
Third, the 30-day rule is true. It is possible to flush yourself, but start early!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

yes indeed

84 months ago

Advice given so far has been incomplete. Failing drug testing can be the result of food, supplements, OTCs, diabetes, and more, producing false positives, and you won’t get a second chance at getting that job. Several other points to consider: Pass the test but hurt yourself on the job and you could be tested for illegal drugs; confide in coworkers you smoke pot, and they can use it against you; talk in a group about yourself, and one person thinks they can tell the boss without self incrimination because how would you know which person talked? Then there’s random drug testing, including hair analysis, so think about how much you want (and need) that job folks. You’re willing to do anything to pass the test, try to quit because good jobs are worth more than the Feds or local cops busting you because your coworker, lover, neighbor suddenly doesn't like you (think McCarthy era, where people spied on each other and fabricated lies to punish others). Also, I believe there are head shops that sell a product that has creatine, or something with a similar name I’ve just read online that supposedly has been successful but I don't know what else is involved to pass. Don't rely on herbs, fluids or other silly outdated ideas; even I’ve heard of people that didn’t pass doing those things. We are living in an era of the Patriot Act, Homeland Security and terrorism-inspired security checks, where your name could be on a list, like the infant that wasn't allowed to fly, even though its name, while identical to the actual dissident, clearly shouldn't have been barred from flight (including its mother), so please think about your future, try to quit and keep busy to keep off illegal drugs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

JustinK in Plymouth, Michigan

83 months ago

Brown noser in Essex, Maryland said: Were you the dork in school that never got to hang out with the cool kids or the equally hated guy who snitched on everyone?

Dang, nothing like making assumptions. I'm just telling you why employers test like they do. Seeing as how I'm in HR and know the laws I do have some experience with this. Companies can test you for anything they want, including alcohol if they deem it job related, like for a company driver. Most companies will perform a drug test because taking drugs usually results in more on the job accidents. When we instituted a drug test policy for a manufacturing plant I used to work at, we lost about 1/5 our work force and that year workers comp claims dropped by roughly 80%

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Josh in Dallas, Texas

83 months ago

If they do give you a drug test, repost. That co. is on a no drug test list. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Charlotte, North Carolina

83 months ago

I have stopped smoking labor day to pass any upcoming test. I suggest doing the same if you want a good job. Everyone will say 30 days...which rumor mill is true. You can use a flush..but its got to be good. I have had friends of mine on court ordered testing smoke and pass with this flush. I DO NOT RECOMMENED IT THO.. don't stress yourself out. Quit smoking and you might find you like life and the extra money from the good job more. Me-- Quitter.. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

harveyscott in Garland, Texas

82 months ago

Mike in Piedmont, West Virginia said: Hello, I stumbled upon this forum looking for help on my upcoming interview for an internship at Deloitte. My resume is quite impressive and I believe that got my foot in the door. I feel confident about the interview but I am nervous about taking a drug test. I am currently a senior in college and I smoked marijuana on my birthday a few days ago. At that time I did not know I had an interview the following week. I know it is a touchy subject and I am sorry if this is an inappropriate topic. But I am extremely nervous that I will be given a drug test sometime during my interview, which could ultimately ruin my future.

DONT DO DOPE AND YOU WILL HAVE NOT A THING TO WORRY ABOUT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (31) Reply - Report abuse

American from America in Irving, Texas

77 months ago

Recruiter said: Get a life and stop smoking, or be a loser and don't work at Deloitte. Choice is yours.

1930s attitude. Smokers aren't losers. Those who make comments like yours are the real losers. Today exists any archaic, racially and ethnically biased laws concerning marijuana and this kind of thinking and comments helps perpetuate an already outdated set of laws. It's people who make these kind of snide comments that need to get a life and get on a positive side or leave it alone altogether.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Josh in Dallas, Texas said: If they do give you a drug test, repost. That co. is on a no drug test list. Thanks.

Where is and who has a no-drug-test company list? I have been looking for a job board for people who smoke and are not going to stop and still need to have good jobs so they can do human things like eat and support their families. I am presently working on creating a resource for smokers of which one part is a job board for smokers who refuse the biased drug (marijuana) testing.
Any HELPFUL feedback will be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

JustinK in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan said: Most of the time it is a urine test. It's cheaper for the employer.

Be aware that the urine test is inherently biased by time. It takes marijuana much longer to get out of ones system that other harder drugs therefore the test is more likely to find this substance that heroin, cocaine, speed, or any of the other hard drugs because they are purged by the body with hours to a day or so. The current "Drug War" was implemented by Richard Nixon in order to make headway in arresting social disorder. The one common factor a lot of 60s dissidents had was that they smoked pot. This was that government's way of getting at the anti-war and civil rights movements. These laws have been shown to fill the jails with 80% black and hispanic inmates who have possession of small amounts. Cocaine then came along to become the scourge of the age but because of the money and power generated by it, can't be touched.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

E Tho in California

75 months ago

The website I found was www.nontesterslist.com. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

E Tho in California

75 months ago

American from America in Irving, Texas said: Where is and who has a no-drug-test company list? I have been looking for a job board for people who smoke and are not going to stop and still need to have good jobs so they can do human things like eat and support their families. I am presently working on creating a resource for smokers of which one part is a job board for smokers who refuse the biased drug (marijuana) testing.
Any HELPFUL feedback will be appreciated.

The website I found was www.nontesterslist.com. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ED ED ED in Epsom, United Kingdom

75 months ago

they certainly don't drug test in the UK. In fact, most companies don't - do most companies test in the states?

www.wikijob.co.uk / www.wikijob.co.uk/forums / www.wikijob.co.uk/wiki/Deloitte

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

david anon in Ohio

74 months ago

wow, lol. you win the biggest balls of the year award, my friend.

but seriously, deloitte, as far as i know, does not pre-screen it's employees for drugs. however, if a client requests drug screening, deloitte will unequivocally abide. so while you won't get tested in the door, some clients on rare occasions will require that contractors, including auditors -- basically anyone doing any work for the company get screened for drug use.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bb in Dallas, Texas

74 months ago

Yes, most large companies do drug test. These tests are usually urine but as hair and other methods get cheaper so will their use. As far as how long marijuana stays in one's system, this differs from human to human. Other substances are generally purged in a few hours to a few days. That's why urine testing as it stands today is highly biased to finding marijuana and not other drugs. Plus there is no testing for alcohol or tobacco which have shown themselves to be way more harmful than pot - not that pot is harmless but over 40 years of intensive study has given consistently inconclusive results.
I passed my last urinalysis by abstaining for a few days and drinking lots of liquids up to a few hours before the test then allow myself to "normalize" so my sample wouldn't appear diluted. I only gave the middle, not the top or bottom of the bladder. I had previously tried one of the clean up kits and failed. After looking at several of these I saw that they all have on instruction in common, that is to drink plenty of liquids for a long as possible before the test, then use their product. The liquids are the key. The product is not necessary. Also they are not about returning any money if the test fails like advertised. I did talk with a number of folks who had been or were on parole and/or probation who attested to the liquids only method. They were facing jail and had to have it right.
It can be noticed too that there is some attitude change concerning marijuana usage from certain important employers like some state police departments. I have recently noticed in their job requirements that one must not have a marijuana conviction in 6 months to 5 years preceding the application - Huh! - this is the cops. They're not the only ones. Look around.
Some of this is due to its use alone, without other drugs, as non criminal and not very harmful.

bb in Dallas, Texas

74 months ago

Yes they do. A very slow and needed change process is under way but way too slow and well past due.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

bb in Dallas, Texas

74 months ago

It may well be illegal but go to any "temp" and see if they don't test before any offer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bb in Dallas, Texas

74 months ago

Getting a life does not mean stop smoking. Be aware of the situation and how you want to live. If you want a particular position and, as most jobs do, actually marijuana test (I won't call them "drug" tests because all they catch is marijuana. Everything else cleans out in hours to days to where urinalysis can't detect them.), then take appropriate measures. Spend the time it takes to clean up - a few days to weeks, highly depending on your personal metabolism. Pass the test. Continue life normally but very tactfully.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bb in Dallas, Texas

74 months ago

Pj in Melbourne, Florida said: THP (grass) will last a full month in your system so if you are serious about getting a good job with a great company..lay off the grass.

How long pot stays in one's system is dependent on the individual. I have passed tests laying off for 5 days and washing my system with juices, tea, and water until several hours before the test. The active ingredient in marijuana is THC or Delta-9-trans-tetrahydracannabinol. Only companies with

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

bb in Dallas, Texas

74 months ago

friend in Houston, Texas said: Find a different way of having fun with out the use of drugs. You will have a much better life in the long run.

That's fine for some folks but not others. Judge not lest ye be judged, mon.

bb in Dallas, Texas

74 months ago

DTS in Winter Park, Florida said: I don't appreciate it when an employer tries to restrict what you do in your personal life. Nobody makes you take an alcohol test before they hire you. I smoke on weekends, and it doesn't impair me at my work at all. In fact, every company I've ever worked for (I'm a computer programmer) has been very happy with my performance. Luckily, none of the companies I have worked for have felt the need to invade my privacy or make judgements about my lifestyle.

Right on!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

bb in Dallas, Texas

74 months ago

friend in Houston, Texas said: Find a different way of having fun with out the use of drugs. You will have a much better life in the long run.

One cannot dictate what would be better for another using oneself as the measuring stick.

bb in Dallas, Texas

74 months ago

harveyscott in Garland, Texas said: DONT DO DOPE AND YOU WILL HAVE NOT A THING TO WORRY ABOUT

This is not talking about doing "dope", just marijuana. Time the two were separated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

david anon in Ohio

74 months ago

recruiter-NY in East Elmhurst, New York said: For the most part they test. Once you have accepted the job they will set you up to take the test...

I'm curious if these people going by "recruiter" are actually recruiters that work for Deloitte. I've never heard of anyone working at Deloitte getting screened for drugs as a condition of employment. Are the policies different from office to office? At what point in the process do people get tested (i.e., a couple weeks before starting, after they've already started, what is it)? I don't think Deloitte drug tests, but if so, could someone verify this from personal experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

aaron worley in Syracuse, New York

71 months ago

sounds fun

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mind your own business in Mesa, Arizona

35 months ago

Mind your own business and we all will have nothing to worry about! How's that sound?!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Dzugash in Nome, Alaska

35 months ago

Mind your own business in Mesa, Arizona said: Mind your own business and we all will have nothing to worry about! How's that sound?!

How do you think you know what "we all" worry about? You ask that someone not participate in the system which is part of why the government is stumbling as well as pot being illegal. If major numbers of pot smokers stood up, voted - participated in the process, laws would be changed - there are enough smokers and sympathizers to do that!

I agree wholeheartedly with what you are saying in the main post - it needs to be said more positively. It's time more folks stood up and acted on these premises.

You raise some excellent points, too. Pot has long since proven its case. When marijuana was first made illegal, the "reasoning" behind that move wasn't about any of the points we push today but that of self interested politicians with their own greedy agendas. It wasn't about any harm pot smoking did but a way to bust minorities, lower economic classes, and people the 30s establishment saw as enemies and to satisfy certain political lobbys like tobacco and alcohol.

When Richard Nixon declared his "Drug War" it was with the intention of breaking the Hippie movement, which it did. They were well within the laws of the country except for their drug use. The movements were seen as counterproductive to the mainstream establishment of the time, communal, antiwar, some even communistic. He had to find some way to get at this movement without violating the constitution. Busting heavy for marijuana was that weapon.

I was against testing for a long time then I asked myself would I want my surgeon or the pilot of my plane to be stoned! I know there's the argument that it makes you more "careful", but . . .. I think there are certain endeavors that require one to be drug free, especially free of the hard drugs and alcohol as well as marijuana.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dzugash in Nome, Alaska

35 months ago

Outside of certain jobs and endeavors though, testing for marijuana use off the job is intrusive, especially since this usage has been shown to be non criminal and uncomparable in harm to either alcohol or tobacco.
What is actually is needed and is beginning to happen in some sectors of employment is where drug testing is becoming marijuana exempt. Recently some ads appeared stating "drugs other than experimental marijuana use" and no "convictions for marijuana use in the past 6 months". These are steps forward.
Interestingly enough in the medical marijuana states employers still test. Whether they hold the legal use of marijuana against you depends on the job and employer. The problem with the medical marijuana agenda is it is not aimed at the casual everyday smoker. One has to have a card and theoretically go to the expensive dispensaries to buy "medicine". The card is expensive as well as the doctor's fee. Very little changed at street level - everyday Joe/Jane working body, who doesn't have a card and the money to pay the high "medical" price still gets busted.

If you want change, take part in the system and get out there and solicit votes. Get your pot smoking friends to register and participate. Have them get their friends to register and participate. The system is designed to be able to be adjusted in this way and there are enough people with similar sentiments about pot smoking to make such adjustments IF they participated in the process.

Mind your own business in Mesa, Arizona

35 months ago

Dzugash, I appreciate your comments on my post and yes MJ should be legalized. However, I never suggested that pilots and surgeons should be stoned while performing their duties. Under the influence is under the influence, period!!! If you are under the influence you while doing certain things, it's illegal. Whose to say though that use of MJ outside of the workplace of certain safety sensitive jobs is bad or detrimental to safety. What about alcohol? Do you know how many alcoholic pilots are out there flying planes?!! Alcohol is much more harmful to the body than MJ.

Dzugash in Nome, Alaska

35 months ago

I brought the pilots and surgeons one up to add to the controversy.

So far there is no conclusive evidence that using MJ off the job adversely affects one's on the job performance although I would wonder about burning one just before work.

Mind, you hit a good one with that alcohol statement. I don't know how many pilots are out there drinking but it is rampant. It's so hard to detect and is still socially acceptable. This presents a real problem. Our society is built around alcohol as a social drink. Alcohol itself is not something that can't be consumed without the problems and side effects we know so well. It has shown itself to be associated and at the root of more violent and deviant behavior than any other drug. It's damage is extreme. Efforts to prohibit it failed miserably. Don't get me wrong - I drink too!

How about a second to give tobacco its due: It's becoming less socially acceptable daily. The health hazards have shown themselves to be tremendous. Nobody talks about productivity lost on jobs from having to leave work for a smoke. I've never had to leave work to go burn one, you? So far there's no conclusive evidence that pot damages the lungs, certainly not like tobacco.

You mentioned being a hard working person who takes pride in your work. In my work life, now 40+ years, that's something that's always stood out about marijuana smokers on the job - they have a more positive attitude, especially on the worst jobs.

These and more, are reasons drug testing needs to be marijuana exempt except, for certain positions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jack in Brooklyn, New York

32 months ago

Here is what the Deloitte consent states, " [I] agree to submit to testing (including undergoing a urinalysis) for the use of controlled substances, including, but not limited to, cannabinoids, cocaine metabolites, opiates,phencyclidine and amphetamines, if such testing is required by a client in connection with an engagement for professional services and [my] assignment to that engagement would be conditional upon the satisfactory completion of such testing." SO the answer is it depends! If you are being recruited for an internship position for audit department and they are planning to send you to an engagement where the drug-free policy is enforced by the organization who is being audited, you are very likely to get tested. It is unlikely you would be tested, if you are recruited for Tax department. I can't answer how long the THC stays in your body or how to pass the test without giving up your recreational habits, because I am no expert on the issue and I would hate to misinform you. I would also have add what a failure our current drug laws are and that we insist on failing to learn from our mistakes (e.g. Prohibition in the United States).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.