Hiring of experienced international transfer pricing consultants

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

TPMan in Mexico, Mexico

95 months ago

Hello,

I've been working as a transfer pricing consultant for 6 months in a Big Four firm in a Spanish speaking country after graduating from a US college a year ago. I have always desired to go back to the US, hopefully with a job at a Big Four firm. I honestly love that country.

During those 6 months I worked directly under a seasoned senior manager(stil am). Due to the increase in my responsibilities I've met clients, I've completed about 30 TP report updates by myself under some guidance, elaborated about 15 new studies in which I had to do about 90% of the work, I was directly involved with my senior manager regarding the selection and application of methods for studies for companies from the pharmaceutical, insurance, consumer goods, construction, financial, and service industries, was given the task to develop half a dozen documents and presentations for special projects (ie-regional reorganization of operating structure under TP policies), of course under some guidance, have done work from searching for comparable contracts and comparable companies at my discretion to researching the local real estate market to prove an operation's arm's length value, done work both in english and spanish, all in all I've been involved in the birth and completion of many projects which gave me a huge amount of experience. How can I convey that key information to a Big Four firm? Will they be willing to sponsor a potential foreign candidate with regards to work permit based on that? How credible would my statement regarding my experience be for a Big Four firm?

Any comments will be helpful and thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ju Wong in X, Ontario

93 months ago

Make sure you have close to 2 years of experience in TP if you really keen in a career in TP and try to find support at your firm to make some sort of transfer to the US. The technical side of the work is basically the same in Northamerica. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.