Interview Prep

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Aspiring ... in Bellevue, Washington

89 months ago

Hi
I am been called for my first onsite interview for Financial Advisory Services for an associate position. Can anyone give me an idea what questions I might be asked- Any pointers would be helpful.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Andy Marie in Raleigh, North Carolina

89 months ago

I can't be of much help but I got a phonecall and am now playing voicemail tag with another firm and it's absolutely driving me nuts!! How did you handle the phone call? Were you asked the dreaded "so, tell me about yourself" question?

I'll for sure let you know if I get to an onsite before you! We're all in this together!

Aspiring ... in Bellevue, Washington

89 months ago

Handling phone call was not that tough. The recruiter generally gets back with the update! They did ask me the dreaded question....They want to know more on the kind of work you have performed earlier and they 'll judge how different and outstanding you are from the other set of people. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Andy Marie in Raleigh, North Carolina

89 months ago

Thanks. I have something generic prepared in hopes they ask me to substantiate my description with examples. That is key for me! Best of luck, keep me posted, ok?

Persistent in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina

89 months ago

Something else you might want to try is to google similar type positions, look at their job postings (to see what the requirements are) and see how they match up with your skills and ideas of what you want out of the job. You may see something that you want to add/delete from your resume or examples.
Good luck - nice to be pulling for a close by "local".
Keep on keeping on.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.