credit and personal debt factor

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

newhire in Missouri

82 months ago

I have recently accepted an offer from deloitte and am going through the background screening now; I also have a high amount of personal debt (through stupid college years) and a low credit score. Will this factor in to whether I get hired? Please give me some advice. I am so worried about this.

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Truthful in Elizabeth, New Jersey

82 months ago

newhire in Missouri said: I have recently accepted an offer from deloitte and am going through the background screening now; I also have a high amount of personal debt (through stupid college years) and a low credit score. Will this factor in to whether I get hired? Please give me some advice. I am so worried about this.

Thank you.

I had recently accepted a position and they had started the background check, they said it may take up to 2 weeks, is that how long yours took? This sounds too long...also, did you get a copy of your report? I'm curious as to how much information they seek, it is a little nerve racking when I think about how much of your personal matters they'll actually have. I would appreciate your reply.
Thanks.

newhire in Missouri

82 months ago

They never told me how long the background check would take and I am unsure of how much information they actually seek. Although, the newhire file that we had to fill out with current and past employment information and current and past addresses, etc. were checked out during the background check... I was working and answered the phone when the background checkers called for my supervisor. My supervisor told me that they just checked the information that you provided in your file with the answers that your supervisor gave just to make sure that they match up. I still have not started yet but am still going through the paper work. I figure if they still send you emails about starting soon than you are still in the clear with the whole hiring process, at least I hope so. I hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Truthful in Hanover, New Jersey

82 months ago

Thanks, I appreciate the response, this is helpful.

Someone in Austin, Texas

82 months ago

newhire in Missouri said: I have recently accepted an offer from deloitte and am going through the background screening now; I also have a high amount of personal debt (through stupid college years) and a low credit score. Will this factor in to whether I get hired? Please give me some advice. I am so worried about this.

Thank you.

Hi,
Hope all is well with you. Have you heard anything from them yet? I have a bad credit too. I am going to have interview with them which make me nervous.....Please let me know =)

CaprioK in Florida

82 months ago

Consolidating your credit card debt is actually one of the smartest decisions you could ever make. Credit card debt consolidation is ideal for anyone who is looking to have better credit now, and in the future.
Consolidation is very common these days, and it is actually a sure way to combine your debt and make sure that you never get yourself too far in credit card debt.
For inforamtion you can visit site which I came across i.e. www.debtreduction123.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

newhire in Missouri

82 months ago

I am still in the hiring process. I start training soon, so it looks promising. Good luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Someone in Austin, Texas

82 months ago

Thanks =).....Good Luck to you too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.