Customer Service Agent: Gate/Ticket - Ready Reserve

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2901 to 2950 of 3938)
Page:  « First « Previous   56  57  58  59  60  61  62  Next »   Last »

Heatherlyn in Saint Peters, Missouri

24 months ago

That helped me so much... I really appreciate it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Just finished my f2f in St Louis today.... was overly prepared thanks to this site! I am pretty sure I got the job... I guess because St L is a smaller hub that the interview wasn't what I expected.... literally one on one instead of a group... 3 spots open, and he isn't hiring anyone on the spot, will know by next Wed either way. Very nice, smooth interview... very excited at the opportunity! :)

*Nisa in Valley Stream, New York

24 months ago

has anyone gotten a f2f yet for the ready reserve ticket agent in jfk?

24 months ago

Regarding flight benefits - one question I never asked was do you have to fly with the family member for them to receive the free flight or are they allowed to fly solo? (say my daughter Abbey, her dad lives in Chicago, would be awesome to fly her there for his summer visits without having to fly with her)

*Nisa in Valley Stream, New York

24 months ago

if she is of age to fly by herself then you do not need to fly with her, my father retired at delta and i flew without him all the time

24 months ago

@ Nisa thank you! That's what I wanted to know...

happy-go-lucky in Sarasota, Florida

24 months ago

hey I just applied for the ready reserve position in Sarasota. I'm very excited about this! Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I passed the first on line assessment, now I am just waiting to be contacted via email.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Vill in Oakland, California

24 months ago

Hi guys, I just want to ask your opinions.. I was interviewed by Southwest and by Delta recently... I wonder, if both airlines end up liking me, which of the two is a better employer? I like the fact that Delta can fly me to international destinations(which is important for me and my family) however, I heard the happiest airline employees are the ones at Southwest.. For those with enough experiences, please advise. Thanks.

LizBee in Bronx, New York

24 months ago

LizBee in Bronx, New York said: Great! Congrats and goodluck at virgin and with JB.

Hey Flyboss, I'm sure you're busy with Virgin! But wanted to know if you heard anything from JB yet? After the automated phone interview I got nothing...still waiting. Thanks!

FlyBoss in Brooklyn, New York

24 months ago

Vill in Oakland, California said: Hi guys, I just want to ask your opinions.. I was interviewed by Southwest and by Delta recently... I wonder, if both airlines end up liking me, which of the two is a better employer? I like the fact that Delta can fly me to international destinations(which is important for me and my family) however, I heard the happiest airline employees are the ones at Southwest.. For those with enough experiences, please advise. Thanks.

Don't know muchabout Delta morew thn what i read of others experience. But Southwest is defintely a great company to work..I would go back there without reservations. There are other option to fly international if you work for Southwest thoughas they have agreements with many other airlines.

24 months ago

LizBee in Bronx, New York said: Hey Flyboss, I'm sure you're busy with Virgin! But wanted to know if you heard anything from JB yet? After the automated phone interview I got nothing...still waiting. Thanks!

Hey girl I spoke to a JB recruiter past Thursday and she said i'm still in the running. She said its still early for f2f as there are so many applicants to go through so i think we still safe

24 months ago

FlyBoss in Brooklyn, New York said: Hey girl I spoke to a JB recruiter past Thursday and she said i'm still in the running. She said its still early for f2f as there are so many applicants to go through so i think we still safe

Woohoo! Thanks for the info. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed :)

BrianW in Selden, New York

24 months ago

I applied to Delta as a RR CSA at LGA on 9-16-12, then took an online assessment. Today, 9-17-12, received a phone interview with a recruiter. After it was complted, they told me they'd like to consider me for a job. But, due to scheduling issues with the hiring manager at LGA, they will have to get back to me after the issues have been corrected with available dates for a face-to-face interview! Excited & nervous... I hope they actually do get back to me and thats not their way of saying I didnt "thanks but no thanks". lol.

Colby_Green2502 in Las Vegas, Nevada

24 months ago

BrianW in Selden, New York said: I applied to Delta as a RR CSA at LGA on 9-16-12, then took an online assessment. Today, 9-17-12, received a phone interview with a recruiter. After it was complted, they told me they'd like to consider me for a job. But, due to scheduling issues with the hiring manager at LGA, they will have to get back to me after the issues have been corrected with available dates for a face-to-face interview! Excited & nervous... I hope they actually do get back to me and thats not their way of saying I didnt "thanks but no thanks". lol.

Same exact thing happened to me in May. I later found out (from him) it meant they really liked you and want to put you trough the next round, but your first available day was the manager's day off. It's legit, at least it was for me...

Caribbean_gurl in Mount Vernon, New York

24 months ago

*Nisa in Valley Stream, New York said: has anyone gotten a f2f yet for the ready reserve ticket agent in jfk?

Hey gurl i got a call today for f2f on thurs. i hope everything goes well for you as well soon .

Lizbee in Bronx, New York

24 months ago

Caribbean_gurl in Mount Vernon, New York said: Hey gurl i got a call today for f2f on thurs. i hope everything goes well for you as well soon .

Congrats!! Good luck!! Please let us know how it went :)

Caribbean_gurl in New York, New York

24 months ago

Will do

Khban97 in Chicago, Illinois

24 months ago

I applied 8/28/12 I hope I get a call back .i applied for ORD .i used to work for united so I have plenty experience.

Ms Dee in Chicago, Illinois

24 months ago

Khban97 in Chicago, Illinois said: I applied 8/28/12 I hope I get a call back .i applied for ORD .i used to work for united so I have plenty experience.

I applied to Midway and did phone interview on 8/28/12. Did you get a f2f? I hope to get a call back too.

JET-nyc in Manhattan

24 months ago

BrianW in Selden, New York said: I applied to Delta as a RR CSA at LGA on 9-16-12, then took an online assessment. Today, 9-17-12, received a phone interview with a recruiter. After it was complted, they told me they'd like to consider me for a job. But, due to scheduling issues with the hiring manager at LGA, they will have to get back to me after the issues have been corrected with available dates for a face-to-face interview! Excited & nervous... I hope they actually do get back to me and thats not their way of saying I didnt "thanks but no thanks". lol.

@ Brian W: Yu still hve to go thru the F2F..

24 months ago

I applied for the Sarasota Customer Service Agent position for Delta last week....Did anyone else?? Let me know if you can, thanks!

Coolcat2_2 in North Carolina

24 months ago

I applied for a position in Charlotte NC. Has anybody heard back?

Khban97 in Burbank, Illinois

24 months ago

Ms Dee in Chicago, Illinois said: I applied to Midway and did phone interview on 8/28/12. Did you get a f2f? I hope to get a call back too.

I didn't know that delta was hiring at midway I applied for the position at ord. I got fired from united airlines in April soni hope they don't hire me because of that. I passed the online assessment but no interview or call. Fingers cross

vill

24 months ago

Hi. Does anybody know if Delta ready reserve employees and their families get full flight benefits.like regular employees, including zed fares/ID90 tickets with other airlines? I want to know this before I get interviewed both by Delta and Southwest airlines.. thanks

Ms Dee in Chicago, Illinois

24 months ago

Khban97 in Burbank, Illinois said: I didn't know that delta was hiring at midway I applied for the position at ord. I got fired from united airlines in April soni hope they don't hire me because of that. I passed the online assessment but no interview or call. Fingers cross

The one for Midway was posted on 8/24/2012 - 8/31/2012 .

Bernardette in New York

24 months ago

Did anyone get call for ready reserve from LaGuardia or JFK?

24 months ago

Lizbee in Bronx, New York said: Congrats!! Good luck!! Please let us know how it went :)

Hey did you get a call from JB yet???

24 months ago

FlyBoss in Brooklyn, New York said: Hey did you get a call from JB yet???

No -_- did you?!

khan in Jackson Heights, New York

24 months ago

Hello guys, I was going through all the comments and thought of to create an id so i can ask some questions too. I applied in delta for Ready reserve in JFK last month ( august 2012). I passed the assessment test then i had a fone interview, i passed that as well. After the fone interview i got a call from one of the recruiter for a F2F interview. I actually missed their call but then i called them back and they scheduled me for an F2F interview on thursday, september 20th 2012. Idk if i passed the interview but the person who interviewed me said i am educated n stuff n he said they will be making decision tonight so i will get an email from them. I just want to know if i get selected or not? Any info will be appericiated thanx

khan in Jackson Heights, New York

24 months ago

btw i never got an email or call from them yet. I just called their 188.... number and the lady told me my info will be available for 6 months. I asked if she could tell me if i passed the interview, she said she dont kno n i have to wait for their email or call.

Ayleen in Forest Hills, New York

24 months ago

Hey Jenn, Brooklyn1981 & L,
Congrats on getting hired !
I filled out the online application for British Airways CSA, at JFK this past Wednesday. After the application the window closed and opened up another window that said thank you for applying. Does that mean I passed the assessment?
Also, how long did you guys wait before getting a phone call or email stating any update or phone interview?
Or Did you guys have to call them before they gave you any updates?

I Really want to get in for this position & will greatly any advice from anyone !!

24 months ago

Will greatly appreciate * Oops.

24 months ago

Has anyone applied for Customer Service Agent for British Airways?

Bernardette in New York

24 months ago

I'm sorry to bother you with this kind of question but how soon after your f2f interview if you weren't selected on the spot for the position were you sent the rejection email or did you application status changed. I had an interview I didn't see anyone getting selected or moved to another room for the drug test but I don't want to keep my hopes up. But I havent received such email or has my status changed. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Bernardette in New York

24 months ago

khan in Jackson Heights, New York said: Hello guys, I was going through all the comments and thought of to create an id so i can ask some questions too. I applied in delta for Ready reserve in JFK last month ( august 2012). I passed the assessment test then i had a fone interview, i passed that as well. After the fone interview i got a call from one of the recruiter for a F2F interview. I actually missed their call but then i called them back and they scheduled me for an F2F interview on thursday, september 20th 2012. Idk if i passed the interview but the person who interviewed me said i am educated n stuff n he said they will be making decision tonight so i will get an email from them. I just want to know if i get selected or not? Any info will be appericiated thanx

Did you see anyone from your group taken to a different room?

Brooklyn1981

24 months ago

It took a few months before my status changed. I don't remember if I receieved an email.

Brooklyn1981

24 months ago

From what I've read you get a conditional job offer the same day of the interview. If you didn't then most likely you weren't selected.

l33ny in Forest Hills, New York

24 months ago

Brooklyn1981 said: From what I've read you get a conditional job offer the same day of the interview. If you didn't then most likely you weren't selected.

How long did you wait before you got a call from BA for a phone interview? Or did you call yourself ?
I applied Weds. & haven't heard anything yet.

Brooklyn1981

24 months ago

It's different for everyone. I applied online and about 3-4 weeks later I received a call from the recruiter.

Jenn

24 months ago

Hey! So I just finished my training today. The thing is that once you take that first assesment you need to wait for the recruiter to call you. Once they do you will come in for a second assesment and if you pass it you'll proceed to the interview that same day if you pass. Usually it takes 3 weeks for them to call you after your first assesment or even earlier it really depends. After your interview you have to wait 3-4 weeks for them to get back to you and they'll tell you if you will be given the offer to take the next steps. If you have any more question feel free to ask! Hope all this info helps.

Ayleen in Forest Hills, New York said: Hey Jenn, Brooklyn1981 & L,
Congrats on getting hired !
I filled out the online application for British Airways CSA, at JFK this past Wednesday. After the application the window closed and opened up another window that said thank you for applying. Does that mean I passed the assessment?
Also, how long did you guys wait before getting a phone call or email stating any update or phone interview?
Or Did you guys have to call them before they gave you any updates?

I Really want to get in for this position & will greatly any advice from anyone !!

Jenn

24 months ago

Brooklyn1981 said: It took a few months before my status changed. I don't remember if I receieved an email.

Hey Brooklyn1981! Just finished the training! Our class going to shadow now

24 months ago

Jenn said: Hey! So I just finished my training today. The thing is that once you take that first assesment you need to wait for the recruiter to call you. Once they do you will come in for a second assesment and if you pass it you'll proceed to the interview that same day if you pass. Usually it takes 3 weeks for them to call you after your first assesment or even earlier it really depends. After your interview you have to wait 3-4 weeks for them to get back to you and they'll tell you if you will be given the offer to take the next steps. If you have any more question feel free to ask! Hope all this info helps.

Guess I'll just have to wait out .
The anticipation is killing me. I've been Googling all types of information they can possibly ask. But I'm shaken up as this will be my first real phone interview.
I've also been thinking about finding out the number and calling them myself.
Do you think that'll help ? Or will thatt just annoy them

24 months ago

Does anyone know if you are mainly hiring people with degrees. I don't have one :/ I'm wondering what my chances would be.

Brooklyn1981 in Brooklyn, New York

24 months ago

Jenn said: Hey Brooklyn1981! Just finished the training! Our class going to shadow now

Congrats on passing your training. Be prepared to shadow the first few days and then take care of customers. It might seem overwhelming at first but believe me when I say that it's the best way to learn. You might do one week of shadowing and another you might be doing the mandatory training courses. Once you are done with the two weeks you will be able to pick your shift.

Khan in Jackson Heights, New York

24 months ago

Bernardette in New York said: Did you see anyone from your group taken to a different room?

Actually i was the first peron who they interviewed. They took me to another room after the group interview. He asked me questions and i answered it. The he said he will be making decisions tonight n i should receive an email from them or a call. He said you are a good match for this job but idk if he was just saying or what. Then he came with me to the exit door and i left. I have alot of experience and achievements. I am an assistant manager in my current work place and i achieved this position in a very short period of time. do you know if my chances of getting hired in delta are more? Thanx

24 months ago

I currently applied to delta for Sarasota and I have a few questions. I work at a bank but have no degree. Just wondering if they are mainly looking for people with a better work history than banking etc. I hope it's enough.

vill

24 months ago

O

happy-go-lucky in Sarasota, Florida said: I currently applied to delta for Sarasota and I have a few questions. I work at a bank but have no degree. Just wondering if they are mainly looking for people with a better work history than banking etc. I hope it's enough.

no, they are not looking for degree holders..just at least a HS graduate who have proven to have the ability to handle the stresses of airport "crowds"/"public contact" and have the "proper customer service attitude." Thats where your experience will count. Airline experience is a high advantage obviously..but I've met ones who used to work for Macy's and one from tech support. Your customer service skills will be verified during the interview.. Your education will not be weighed much if they even pay attention to it.

24 months ago

vill said: O

no, they are not looking for degree holders..just at least a HS graduate who have proven to have the ability to handle the stresses of airport "crowds"/"public contact" and have the "proper customer service attitude." Thats where your experience will count. Airline experience is a high advantage obviously..but I've met ones who used to work for Macy's and one from tech support. Your customer service skills will be verified during the interview.. Your education will not be weighed much if they even pay attention to it.

What kind of "experience" questions will they ask on the phone interview ? I have minimal experience. How can I make the interview work in my favor ?

Vill in Berkeley, California

24 months ago

l33ny in Forest Hills, New York said: What kind of "experience" questions will they ask on the phone interview ? I have minimal experience. How can I make the interview work in my favor ?

Common questions start with "How will you handle a customer/passenger who....?" and "Can you give me an instance where you handled a customer/passenger problem.... what did you do?"... The way to answer them is to cite a particular experience you had where you exemplified ideal customer service. Even if you have limited experience, dont ever say you dont know what to do. Show that you have experience and confidence to handle pressure, crowd, difficult customers, etc.. One key word is "Calm". you have to mention that you stay CALM in front of difficult situations and difficult customers, you try to satisfy their needs and demands but within reasonable limits set by the airlines. You should show that you are independent and wont depend on supervisors to assist you in handling difficult customers, you can handle them yourselves, and you can explain well, and you can make necessary decisions yourselves. They may ask you; "what will you tell a customer who missed a flight or who lost a bag, etc, etc.?" Your answer should be - you will try your best to help the customer given all the tools the airline gives you. You will listen to their needs even if they are sometimes rude. You will prove that you are patient, a good listener, and customer-oriented. They might ask you how you can pacify an angry customer(and its not very different from pacifying a child , actually). You may be asked how you handled stress at work(a good answer will show your positive attitude..like acknowledging you need rest/breaks sometimes,knowing yourself, not pushing yourself beyond your limit, caring for yourself mentally and physically, asking assistance when needed, etc.). And lastly, you may be asked how truthful you can be with company policies. A common question is "what will you do if you see

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Vill in Berkeley, California

24 months ago

"what will you do if you see a co-worker taking breaks longer than allowed?" I dont know what is the best answers..but I normally answer "I warn/talk to my colleague and explain the bad effect of his/her actions to other employees(remember teamwork)..but if colleague keep doing it, then you tell the supervisor..you follow the hierarchy. But if the offense will compromise safety or if it is a crime(like theft), then you must STOP the action right away and tell the supervisor/authorities right away.

Page:  « First « Previous   56  57  58  59  60  61  62  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.