Reservations Agent: Trading/getting out of a shift during first 6 months

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 177)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

carlie22168 in St. Cloud, Minnesota

24 months ago

I hear you there! I was not selected for positions @ MSP. So, I applied at other places, including Frontier Airlines out of Milwaukee for a rez agent position. You could apply there, or apply at other locations with Delta too! Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

carlie22168 in St. Cloud, Minnesota

24 months ago

Stephie Gee in Maple Grove, Minnesota said: I had f2f in November. called repeatedly all December and tol d SR. recruiter would call back. Nothing. I then got a call last week 1/2 in response to reservations position and congratulations on to the assessment. I kept trying to explain that I did the assessment for this job, did the f2f and they didn't get it, kept reading from script. One recruiter said, oh, you were suppose to move forward, I will have someone call you back, Nothing. Now...lthat profile says I was not selected...mysteriously bu they called today to keave message to move forward. I want to work with DELTA, these recruiters are not delta employees as one read me the script for waste management. MThat being said,they don't understand that some cannot sit 3 monts with no answer and that I would like to know what happened to info from my first interview, they had no record of it. I though classes started here on 14th of January, which I was fully able to start. Now another face to face and how long of an additional wait? I feel bad when delta loses quality candidatesmthat really want to work for them when these "recruiting errors"happen. We will see....good lck to you....I hope you hear something. My face 2 face was thanksgiving too....wasn't "not selected" yesterday until I asked why it was a duplicate and said II just did all this. WIsh someone would have spoken to me off script like a human so they would understand....

Hi Stefie, tonight I just got TWO duplicat TBNT emails from Delta, with the CVG rez position. I had TWO phone interviews, one for the CVG position, and the other one, they forgot to name the location. So, I am 0-2 for right now. I applied at Republic Airlines in Milwaukee. Alaska Airlines is hiring for rez agents in Seattle too. Good luck!

Dwight in Atlanta, Georgia

22 months ago

Trudy in Salt Lake City, Utah said: Maybe it sounded confusing, but I did go to the f2f and then a few days later, got the denial letter via email. Good luck guys congrats to you all that made it.

Did the interviewer tell you that she recommended you for the position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KO2013 in Cincinnati, Ohio

22 months ago

I just wanted to know what sort of background check they do and what benefits are effective immediately on the first day of training. How many training classes do they have per year and what if I can't make the one they have me on, can I ask to rejoin the next one? How easy is it to apply and get a work at home Reservation position? How can I get on the free flight once I complete the whole training and can I get it for more than 1 family member?Hope someone can help me with these questions. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Constantlycute in Dallas, Texas

22 months ago

KO2013 in Cincinnati, Ohio said: I just wanted to know what sort of background check they do and what benefits are effective immediately on the first day of training. How many training classes do they have per year and what if I can't make the one they have me on, can I ask to rejoin the next one? How easy is it to apply and get a work at home Reservation position? How can I get on the free flight once I complete the whole training and can I get it for more than 1 family member?Hope someone can help me with these questions. Thank you.

The background check is extensive, I had to pay off some traffic tickets when I got hired and show proof. The benefits are immediate ....you have to take the shift they give you ....your stats have to be good to work from home and you can only apply for work at home when they open it up.....you can travel before you complete training but if you miss a day because you are traveling and can't get back due to lights being full, you will be fired. Your travel benefits will only cover a spouse or domestic partner ... If you ave neither you can have one travel companion, you parents and kids .... They will check so don't lie when it comes to adding immediate family.
Hope I answered your questions :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

carollynn in New Port Richey, Florida

22 months ago

Is there anyone out there that is starting the Tampa class on the 22nd? I was offered the position on the 4-11. Can anyone who has been through the training tell me is there anything that we need to know that I have not read here so far? I am nervous about all the codes.

22 months ago

Constantlycute in Dallas, Texas said: The background check is extensive, I had to pay off some traffic tickets when I got hired and show proof. The benefits are immediate ....you have to take the shift they give you ....your stats have to be good to work from home and you can only apply for work at home when they open it up.....you can travel before you complete training but if you miss a day because you are traveling and can't get back due to lights being full, you will be fired. Your travel benefits will only cover a spouse or domestic partner ... If you ave neither you can have one travel companion, you parents and kids .... They will check so don't lie when it comes to adding immediate family.
Hope I answered your questions :-)[/QUOT

Are they concern with only criminal and traffic offenses? What about credit check?Mine isn't too good. That is why I need a job. I'm starting training on 4/22 from 3.30pm-12am. I was looking at other comments and looks like others have other shifts. Do you know anything about the classes in the Cincinnati branch? How many classes do they have a year?

22 months ago

Anyone know about the Cincinnati location? HOw many classes do they offer a year and what are the available shifts? Have seen other comments where the training shifts are different. Looks like some people have day shifts 9-5.30pm. In regard to the background check, are they only concern with criminal and traffic offenses? What about credit checks? Hope someone can help me with these questions. Thanks. Good luck to those in the interview process

22 months ago

KO2013 in Cincinnati, Ohio said:

They don't care about your credit, but you can't have any felonies, misdemeanors or warrants and outstanding traffic citations. They only have classes after they hire, so there is no way to calculate that. Last year where I am they hired people about 3 times that year. I have no idea about CVG.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dwizzi in Atlanta, Georgia

22 months ago

Constantly Cute,

I've applied at the Atlanta location for the Res position. I had my face to face interview and the lady said she recommended me for the position. I then did a mock phone call, but no word on what's next. Does anyone know what's next. Training starts on the 22nd of April.

Also, do they call each of the employers listed on the application? How long does the hiring process takes. What's the next step?

22 months ago

Someone please help, I'm sitting on pins and needles.

22 months ago

After my mock call... They called me about a week later. Answer all your private numbers because it will be either a 800 number or unknown number. Don't stress... The process is slow. I stressed myself out for nothing. I will keep you in my prayers, I was in that same boat before. When you do your face to face, if you havent already had it... be yourself because they will know if you are " turning it on" ... Just relax, be yourself and when they ask you why you want the job, be truthful. Good luck, keep me posted!!

22 months ago

Dwizzi in Atlanta, Georgia said: Someone please help, I'm sitting on pins and needles.

Relax... Don't stress!! Have faith! :-)

22 months ago

I've done the face to face and passed that according to the lady who interviewed me. She recommended me for the position. Then I did the mock call and the man said I did good and someone will communicate with me. So when it comes to the employment history, do they call to verify all of your employers?

I'm In need of a response so I can resign from my job now. I had my face to face last week. I'm having faith, just waiting it out. But that's the hard part. I'm going to relax like you say. This Thursday makes a week since I did the f2f. After that they will call me and then what?

22 months ago

:-)

22 months ago

Yes, they have an outside company that verifies employment. If they can't reach someone, they will call you and ask if you have any other numbers or names to reach someone. If it is over 7 years they may not check but whatever you put down, they definitely make sure it matches. If they didn't tell you after the f2f "sorry"... You should be okay. See, my mock call was first, then the f2f... They hired me (pending my background check) after my f2f. You should be fine. Have faith!!

22 months ago

Dwizzi, I'm like you. I'm just waiting to do my background check and drug screen. My training is supposed to start on 4/22/13 3.30-12am. I'm still currently working and don't know when to hand in my resignation. I don't want to do it then find out I'm not hired then I'm screwed. I don't know how fast they get the results from both checks. I want to take a week break before I start training if everything goes well which means, I will have to hand in my notice pretty soon.

22 months ago

Hi everyone,

I received my conditional job offer today and I went to fill out some papers. I filled out papers consenting them to do my background check and drug test and an employee data form. I went and did my drug test and would like to know what's next. I know she said background checks take approximately one week to come back and for us to be patient. They will call us when that information comes in. They said if they need something, they will call. So, after the background check, what is the next step...When do I fill out tax forms and etc.

22 months ago

Constantlycute in Dallas, Texas said: The background check is extensive, I had to pay off some traffic tickets when I got hired and show proof. The benefits are immediate ....you have to take the shift they give you ....your stats have to be good to work from home and you can only apply for work at home when they open it up.....you can travel before you complete training but if you miss a day because you are traveling and can't get back due to lights being full, you will be fired. Your travel benefits will only cover a spouse or domestic partner ... If you ave neither you can have one travel companion, you parents and kids .... They will check so don't lie when it comes to adding immediate family.
Hope I answered your questions :-)

I understand what you wrote here about travel benefits. But can you go in details about all of the travel benefits please.

22 months ago

Also, is there anything I should expect before training???

KO2013 in Fairfield, Ohio

22 months ago

Dwizzi and Constantlycute, are they just concern about traffic and criminal background? What about if you'have late payments on your credit history? Also, will they contact all your employers? What if any of the employers give a bad remark? I don't think I will but just saying. You mean you can also take 1 person with you for the free flight benefit? What if you have parents who don't live in the US, how can they get free flight?

22 months ago

I heard that if you don't pay your traffic tickets or they aren't paid at all, they won't employ you. With the background, as long as it's nothing major that is a felony or something, you should be fine. As long as it's years ago like over 10 years ago, you should be fine. I'm not sure about it, but pray to god and ask him to work in your favor. I'm unsure of the flight benefits as well...

I hope this helps...

Dwizzi

22 months ago

Thanks Dwizzi. My driving record is clorox clean. I drive like a turtle anyway. You know exactly how long they take to call your past employers and complete the background check? It shouldn't take 10 days or so. What is the fastest time?

22 months ago

One week

22 months ago

DOES ANYONE HAVE AN SECRETE TO MEMORIZING THESE CODES.. IT LOOKS SO OVERWHELMING..I'M GOING TO THE TAMPA LOCATION STARTING 4/22. IS THERE ANYBODY GOING?

22 months ago

carollynn in New Port Richey, Florida said: DOES ANYONE HAVE AN SECRETE TO MEMORIZING THESE CODES.. IT LOOKS SO OVERWHELMING..I'M GOING TO THE TAMPA LOCATION STARTING 4/22. IS THERE ANYBODY GOING?

Hey. I haven't even received anything to start studying the codes. Are there codes we have to remember. What do you have? I start on the 22nd at the atl location.

22 months ago

THEY DIDN'T GIVE YOU THE BECOMING THE VOICE OF DELTA BOOK? IT'A AIRPORT CODES,LOCAITONS AND MORE..

22 months ago

carollynn in New Port Richey, Florida said: THEY DIDN'T GIVE YOU THE BECOMING THE VOICE OF DELTA BOOK? IT'A AIRPORT CODES,LOCAITONS AND MORE..

No not yet. I got the cjo and did my drug test so far. Haven't done fingerprints yet. They waiting on my background check. Our training in atl start on the 22nd as well. Is it a big book? Nothing yet though

22 months ago

SEND ME UR EMAIL AND I CAN SEND U THE PICS OF WHAT I JUST TOOK FROM THE BOOK. TO MEMORIZE FOR THE 1ST WEEK, TEST ON THE 7TH DAY..

22 months ago

The best way to remember the airport codes is to just write them down. That is the main test you must pass to stay in training and complete the class. I wrote my city codes I wrote my city codes over and over like a kid with spelling words and had my family test me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

carollynn in New Port Richey, Florida said: SEND ME UR EMAIL AND I CAN SEND U THE PICS OF WHAT I JUST TOOK FROM THE BOOK. TO MEMORIZE FOR THE 1ST WEEK, TEST ON THE 7TH DAY..

Drbailey91@gmail.com

Thank you so much.

22 months ago

Constantlycute in Dallas, Texas said: The best way to remember the airport codes is to just write them down. That is the main test you must pass to stay in training and complete the class. I wrote my city codes I wrote my city codes over and over like a kid with spelling words and had my family test me.

That's exactly what i'm doing.. lol.. i have a dry erase board, and index cards. and this is just the begining. Are you working in reservations now?

22 months ago

Constantlycute in Dallas, Texas said: The best way to remember the airport codes is to just write them down. That is the main test you must pass to stay in training and complete the class. I wrote my city codes I wrote my city codes over and over like a kid with spelling words and had my family test me.

Hey I got the cjo. I did my drug test. What's next??? I know they're doing the background check now. Haven't done fingerprints yet

22 months ago

Yes I am in Atlanta. You must do the best you can on the weekly tests, you have to pass the test at the end of training to actually get the job. Good luck!!

22 months ago

Constantlycute in Dallas, Texas said: Yes I am in Atlanta. You must do the best you can on the weekly tests, you have to pass the test at the end of training to actually get the job. Good luck!!

THANK YOU! DO YOU LIKE IT?

22 months ago

Now you just wait to see if if the background check people need more info from you. You should get a call to. Receive your training book if you don't have it already and you just show up for your class!! Good luck!

22 months ago

I love Delta! Hands down it is the best company to work for. I've been with them for two years now and I know that I will retire ... It's the type of job you want to keep. The benefits are excellent!!

22 months ago

Constantlycute in Dallas, Texas said: Now you just wait to see if if the background check people need more info from you. You should get a call to. Receive your training book if you don't have it already and you just show up for your class!! Good luck!

The pay is 10.67 or 11 something?

22 months ago

I don't know what the pay scale is foe classes starting now. Sorry

Stacey Dunn in Indian Rocks Beach, Florida

22 months ago

carollynn in New Port Richey, Florida said: Is there anyone out there that is starting the Tampa class on the 22nd? I was offered the position on the 4-11. Can anyone who has been through the training tell me is there anything that we need to know that I have not read here so far? I am nervous about all the codes.

Hi I was a res agent for NWA and I found the best way to study for the codes is on Index cards code on one side airport on the other. I have applied for the res at Delta. how long before they called you? I don't want to miss the next class.

22 months ago

I'm also still waiting on my drug and background test. My class starts 4/22 in cincinnati. I'm on pins and needles to see if I get it so I can hand in my resignation notice to my current employee. Think I'm going to have to talk to my boss sometime soon. I got some of the city/airport codes on the internet. Wow! A lot of them to memorize. Hopefully, after 6 months, I can get a better shift.

22 months ago

I applied on Sunday, they called me on Thurs for phone interview, then rec. a email to call for a f2f interview that was Monday.Got the job then! went straight for my drug test and was handed to book when I left with all info. that I needed..

22 months ago

I have 4-1am with Monday and Tuesday off.. then you change.. seniority first.. they say.

22 months ago

Stacey Dunn in Indian Rocks Beach, Florida said: Hi I was a res agent for NWA and I found the best way to study for the codes is on Index cards code on one side airport on the other. I have applied for the res at Delta. how long before they called you? I don't want to miss the next class.

4days. applied online Sunday and got a phone call Thursday..

22 months ago

How easy is it get a free flight and what are the chances? Does the individual(s) have to just wait at the airport on standby all the time? Is it easier to get within the US or international and what time of the year?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

KO2013 in Fairfield, Ohio said: How easy is it get a free flight and what are the chances? Does the individual(s) have to just wait at the airport on standby all the time? Is it easier to get within the US or international and what time of the year?

Hi yes all flights are standby and it goes by seniority, so if another "nonrev" is on the flight they go first if they are senior. Fridays and sundays and holidays are the worse, when you get to know the system you can see how the flights are booked and judge with flights to try for.

22 months ago

carollynn in New Port Richey, Florida said: 4days. applied online Sunday and got a phone call Thursday..

thanks I applied on this tues.....

22 months ago

Thanks Stacey. How do you know of this? I wish they would hurry up on my background check so I can know for sure and get the official yes.

22 months ago

KO2013 in Fairfield, Ohio said: Thanks Stacey. How do you know of this? I wish they would hurry up on my background check so I can know for sure and get the official yes.

I worked for Northwest for 7 yrs . 1 1/2 at res and the rest as airport agent.

22 months ago

Does anyone that has taken the class tell us if we need to know the city/airport also with the codeshare partners? Alot to know. Thanks

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.