Reservations Agent: Trading/getting out of a shift during first 6 months

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 178)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

carollynn in New Port Richey, Florida

27 months ago

I just got a call, I'm all clear to start!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dwizzi in Atlanta, Georgia

27 months ago

carollynn in New Port Richey, Florida said: I just got a call, I'm all clear to start!!

Congratulations

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dwizzi in Atlanta, Georgia

27 months ago

carollynn in New Port Richey, Florida said: I just got a call, I'm all clear to start!!

Did they call you any about your background check? I haven't heard anything since I signed the papers. No news is good news

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

carollynn in New Port Richey, Florida

27 months ago

Dwizzi in Atlanta, Georgia said: Did they call you any about your background check? I haven't heard anything since I signed the papers. No news is good news

Actually I called them, I need to give a two week notice and wanted to see if I was clear yet. Got the call back that I was good to go.. now I'm just overwhelmed with studying..
I don't really have anyone to study or help me.. Haven't made a final decision yet..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Stacey Dunn in Indian Rocks Beach, Florida

27 months ago

carollynn in New Port Richey, Florida said: I just got a call, I'm all clear to start!!

congratulations! hopefully one day I will see you there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

carollynn in New Port Richey, Florida

27 months ago

STACEY, DID U APLY?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Stacey Dunn in Indian Rocks Beach, Florida

27 months ago

carollynn in New Port Richey, Florida said: STACEY, DID U APLY?

yes, April 2nd however didn't hear from them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

carollynn in New Port Richey, Florida

27 months ago

Stacey Dunn in Indian Rocks Beach, Florida said: yes, April 2nd however didn't hear from them.

lET ME KNOW IF U DO!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

carollynn in New Port Richey, Florida

27 months ago

Constantlycute in Dallas, Texas said: The best way to remember the airport codes is to just write them down. That is the main test you must pass to stay in training and complete the class. I wrote my city codes I wrote my city codes over and over like a kid with spelling words and had my family test me.

are you working in reservations now? are there any codes that aren't as important as the others. when u say city codes u mean airport code? i don't want to get my hubs and codeshare confused.. do they trick u on the test's? i'm studying and doing my best while still working. I think I am going to give my notice this week. Just wanted to make sure I can do this first. If u have any advice on studying I would really appreciate it.. I am writing, writing writing.. lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

carollynn in New Port Richey, Florida

27 months ago

carollynn in New Port Richey, Florida said: are you working in reservations now? are there any codes that aren't as important as the others. when u say city codes u mean airport code? i don't want to get my hubs and codeshare confused.. do they trick u on the test's? i'm studying and doing my best while still working. I think I am going to give my notice this week. Just wanted to make sure I can do this first. If u have any advice on studying I would really appreciate it.. I am writing, writing writing.. lol

Codeshare partners! I can't seem to find a mental connection to all of them.. going nuts!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

WANNABFA in Georgia

27 months ago

carollynn in New Port Richey, Florida said: Codeshare partners! I can't seem to find a mental connection to all of them.. going nuts!

How do you know what exactly to study? Did you receive your welcome package yet?
I did not, I will be in 4/22 trainingclass in ATL.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KO2013 in Cincinnati, Ohio

27 months ago

Constantly cute or anyone at all. What is the percentage of new hirees who pass and don't pass the weekly test during training? Is it that difficult to pass? I know it states that new employees get paid $10.67 p/hr but they give you a monthly pay total of $1850. I don't get the calculation. It's 10.67 x 40 hr/wk = 426.80 x 4 weeks = 1707.00. Then they say after 6months, it'll be $1990. What is the per hour then for both? The company that does the background check emailed me for more info on my previous/current employer so I have to send more info. I think they sent me another email saying it cleared. So, will Delta send me an official job offer? I also just got an offer for another position at my current company which makes it a whole lot more complicated in trying to decide. Some people are afraid if I take the airlines that there's always a possibility of retrenchment in that industry. It would be last in, first out. Would it be worth it to go for Delta?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

WANNABFA in Georgia

27 months ago

KO2013 in Cincinnati, Ohio said: Constantly cute or anyone at all. What is the percentage of new hirees who pass and don't pass the weekly test during training? Is it that difficult to pass? I know it states that new employees get paid $10.67 p/hr but they give you a monthly pay total of $1850. I don't get the calculation. It's 10.67 x 40 hr/wk = 426.80 x 4 weeks = 1707.00. Then they say after 6months, it'll be $1990. What is the per hour then for both? The company that does the background check emailed me for more info on my previous/current employer so I have to send more info. I think they sent me another email saying it cleared. So, will Delta send me an official job offer? I also just got an offer for another position at my current company which makes it a whole lot more complicated in trying to decide. Some people are afraid if I take the airlines that there's always a possibility of retrenchment in that industry. It would be last in, first out. Would it be worth it to go for Delta?

I don't know anything about the passing or failing rate.
As for the pay, a month has more than 4 weeks .
52 wks/ 12 months = 4.33 wks average per month
4.33 x 40 hrs x $10.67 = $1848
Thats close enough to $1850

No one can decide for you what to do. Give it to God and let him guide you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

carollynn in New Port Richey, Florida

27 months ago

WANNABFA in Georgia said: How do you know what exactly to study? Did you receive your welcome package yet?
I did not, I will be in 4/22 trainingclass in ATL.

I received my booklet when I finished my interview. They offered me the position on the spot and handed another girl and myself the book.. Becoming the Voice of Delta..I would call your office tomorrow and ask about it.. if not let me know..send me ur email and I will send u what I have..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

WANNABFA in Georgia

27 months ago

carollynn in New Port Richey, Florida said: I received my booklet when I finished my interview. They offered me the position on the spot and handed another girl and myself the book.. Becoming the Voice of Delta..I would call your office tomorrow and ask about it.. if not let me know..send me ur email and I will send u what I have..

I appreciate that :-) please send it to LOVE 4 SALLY AT HOTMAIL DOT COM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

carollynn in New Port Richey, Florida

27 months ago

WANNABFA in Georgia said: I appreciate that :-) please send it to LOVE 4 SALLY AT HOTMAIL DOT COM

Sent!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KO2013 in Cincinnati, Ohio

27 months ago

Anyone out there starting class in cincinnati on 4/22?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dwizzi in Atlanta, Georgia

27 months ago

KO2013 in Cincinnati, Ohio said: Anyone out there starting class in cincinnati on 4/22?

I start in atl, hoping to see position offered !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

carollynn in New Port Richey, Florida

27 months ago

Dwizzi in Atlanta, Georgia said: Congratulations

Thank You!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

carollynn in New Port Richey, Florida

27 months ago

KO2013 in Cincinnati, Ohio said: Constantly cute or anyone at all. What is the percentage of new hirees who pass and don't pass the weekly test during training? Is it that difficult to pass? I know it states that new employees get paid $10.67 p/hr but they give you a monthly pay total of $1850. I don't get the calculation. It's 10.67 x 40 hr/wk = 426.80 x 4 weeks = 1707.00. Then they say after 6months, it'll be $1990. What is the per hour then for both? The company that does the background check emailed me for more info on my previous/current employer so I have to send more info. I think they sent me another email saying it cleared. So, will Delta send me an official job offer? I also just got an offer for another position at my current company which makes it a whole lot more complicated in trying to decide. Some people are afraid if I take the airlines that there's always a possibility of retrenchment in that industry. It would be last in, first out. Would it be worth it to go for Delta?

I wonder if it is the shift differential that makes the dollar differance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Constantlycute in Dallas, Texas

27 months ago

There is a shift differential if you have the 3:30- midnight shift.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KO2013 in Fairfield, Ohio

27 months ago

Is there no one on this forum who's starting in cincinnati on 4/22? What do you all feel about the possibility of retrenchment in the airline industry? It will be last in first out. That is what's worrying me. I don't want to be let go and have no job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dwizzi in Atlanta, Georgia

27 months ago

Constantlycute in Dallas, Texas said: There is a shift differential if you have the 3:30- midnight shift.

Really, How much of a shift differential? I would always work night shift in ATL. Hopefully, they start soon. My file is complete with First Advantage, they have all of their background information for me, now I'm waiting to hear from Delta. I took my drug test as well. I haven't done my fingerprinting yet either. Constantly cute, do you have the book they gave you to study? The Voices of Delta or something? Tomorrow makes a week since I got the Conditional Job Offer. What's the next step?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KO2013 in Fairfield, Ohio

27 months ago

Ok, delta recruiter called me and said I'm all cleared with the background and drug check. Wants me to pick up something, maybe a booklet. What's next? What if I don't take the training class this time and only can do it the next round, will I have to go through the whole process again? What are the chances of being picked again? Will they hold it against me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dwizzi in Atlanta, Georgia

27 months ago

KO2013 in Fairfield, Ohio said: Ok, delta recruiter called me and said I'm all cleared with the background and drug check. Wants me to pick up something, maybe a booklet. What's next? What if I don't take the training class this time and only can do it the next round, will I have to go through the whole process again? What are the chances of being picked again? Will they hold it against me?

Congratulations to you. Where location are you going to be working at? So how long did it take for them to contact you today? When did you turn in everything for your background? I turned in everything and did drug test. Just waiting to hear back. What's next for you is to study the codes and read the book and be prepared for class. I'm unsure of the process of you not accepting this training class. They might make you start over or they might not. You should talk with a recruiter. Congrats though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KO2013 in Fairfield, Ohio

27 months ago

Dwizzi in Atlanta, Georgia said: Congratulations to you. Where location are you going to be working at? So how long did it take for them to contact you today? When did you turn in everything for your background? I turned in everything and did drug test. Just waiting to hear back. What's next for you is to study the codes and read the book and be prepared for class. I'm unsure of the process of you not accepting this training class. They might make you start over or they might not. You should talk with a recruiter. Congrats though.

Dwizzi, thank you. I'll be in cincinnati. It didn't take too long, actually. I went to delta hr in cincinnati after my f2f, signed the papers for the checks 4/2 then to the place for the drug test. The company who runs the background check have been in contact with me for more detailed info on my present/past employer. Gave them that plus faxed copies of paystub & W2s then they called to say I was all cleared on 4/8. Do any of delta hr ever read these forums? I have printed some of the online codes that I googled and read a little. Keeping my fingers cross for you too. I know the feeling of waiting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dwizzi in Atlanta, Georgia

27 months ago

KO2013 in Fairfield, Ohio said: Dwizzi, thank you. I'll be in cincinnati. It didn't take too long, actually. I went to delta hr in cincinnati after my f2f, signed the papers for the checks 4/2 then to the place for the drug test. The company who runs the background check have been in contact with me for more detailed info on my present/past employer. Gave them that plus faxed copies of paystub & W2s then they called to say I was all cleared on 4/8. Do any of delta hr ever read these forums? I have printed some of the online codes that I googled and read a little. Keeping my fingers cross for you too. I know the feeling of waiting.

I doubt they read them. I signed papers for the check on the 2nd and haven't heard anything yet from delta

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

WANNABFA in Georgia

27 months ago

KO2013 in Fairfield, Ohio said: Ok, delta recruiter called me and said I'm all cleared with the background and drug check. Wants me to pick up something, maybe a booklet. What's next? What if I don't take the training class this time and only can do it the next round, will I have to go through the whole process again? What are the chances of being picked again? Will they hold it against me?

If you do not take the class, you will have to start over, apply, interview etc.
You signed a paper that you agreed on the training dates, salary and hours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KO2013 in Fairfield, Ohio

27 months ago

Ok, I have my Becoming the Voice of Delta handbook already. Does anyone know if the quizzes, test, final has multiple choice, T/F or fill in the blanks? Training class is fast approaching. Anyone getting excited and anxious? The book stated that there will be exercise, quizzes, games and all we will have to take calls during the 1st 6 weeks. Into the shark's tank we go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

KO2013 in Fairfield, Ohio

27 months ago

No one knows the answer to my question above about the quizzes and test? Have started reading already

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

WANNABFA in Georgia

27 months ago

No multiple choice. They say the city you need to know the code.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

WANNABFA in Georgia

27 months ago

First test is on day 7.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KO2013 in Fairfield, Ohio

27 months ago

Ok. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KO2013 in Cincinnati, Ohio

27 months ago

How many vacation or sick days does a new employee get. Is there holiday pay when you have to work?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

walksonair2002 in Lithonia, Georgia

27 months ago

Congrats to everyone who got their foot in the door w/ Delta!! For those who haven't made it, KEEP TRYING!!! I got my CJO on 4/2 for Res and specialty sales in ATL and my stomach finally stopped churning today. I placed a call to 'M' and was called back 15 mins later and told I was cleared and welcome to attend on Monday morn bright and early. The next 15 weeks are gonna be nothing but coffee, studying and praying. Good luck and God bless everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KO2013 in Southfield, Michigan

26 months ago

Walksonair2002, your training class is in the morning? How nice. Did you get any further info on the specifics of the benefits like vacation days, sick days to start?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

WANNABFA in Georgia

26 months ago

KO2013 in Cincinnati, Ohio said: How many vacation or sick days does a new employee get. Is there holiday pay when you have to work?

56hrs PTO. As a new employee in reservations you
are likely to work on holidays. You will get an alternative day off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

walksonair2002 in Jonesboro, Georgia

26 months ago

KO2013 in Southfield, Michigan said: Walksonair2002, your training class is in the morning? How nice. Did you get any further info on the specifics of the benefits like vacation days, sick days to start?

hey KO2013, I'm only going bright and early on the first day as I was told we need to bring ID to be put in the system. I was told that I should get a welcome packet in the mail this Thursday and Friday, I'll let you know if there's anything on vacation, sick and personal days.:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

KO2013 in Cincinnati, Ohio

26 months ago

walksonair2002 in Jonesboro, Georgia said: hey KO2013, I'm only going bright and early on the first day as I was told we need to bring ID to be put in the system. I was told that I should get a welcome packet in the mail this Thursday and Friday, I'll let you know if there's anything on vacation, sick and personal days.:)

Thanks. I will look forward to the info. Is the 56hrs of PTO effective immediately or after probation?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

WANNABFA in Georgia

26 months ago

KO2013 in Cincinnati, Ohio said: Thanks. I will look forward to the info. Is the 56hrs of PTO effective immediately or after probation?

No off days allowed during the first 90 days. After that you can swap shifts to get a day off.
After 6 months you can use PTO.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

WANNABFA in Georgia

26 months ago

walksonair2002 in Lithonia, Georgia said: Congrats to everyone who got their foot in the door w/ Delta!! For those who haven't made it, KEEP TRYING!!! I got my CJO on 4/2 for Res and specialty sales in ATL and my stomach finally stopped churning today. I placed a call to 'M' and was called back 15 mins later and told I was cleared and welcome to attend on Monday morn bright and early. The next 15 weeks are gonna be nothing but coffee, studying and praying. Good luck and God bless everyone!

Congrats. See u Monday :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

walksonair2002 in Jonesboro, Georgia

26 months ago

Got my 'Becoming The Voice of Delta' booklet today, it doesn't look so bad:) or not as bad as I thought anyway. Well, let the coffee and studying commence!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

WANNABFA in Georgia

26 months ago

Have to set something straight. I said before the questions on the test where not multiple choice.
I misunderstood, they are multiple choice.....that's a relief lol and the first test will be on day 7.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

walksonair2002 in Jonesboro, Georgia

26 months ago

WANNABFA in Georgia said: Have to set something straight. I said before the questions on the test where not multiple choice.
I misunderstood, they are multiple choice.....that's a relief lol and the first test will be on day 7.

....aaaannnnnd that's the best news I've heard since Tuesday..lol you got your index cards ready yet, wannabfa??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dwizzi in Atlanta, Georgia

26 months ago

WANNABFA in Georgia said: Have to set something straight. I said before the questions on the test where not multiple choice.
I misunderstood, they are multiple choice.....that's a relief lol and the first test will be on day 7.

Amen.

I wonder how many people will be showing up

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dwizzi in Atlanta, Georgia

26 months ago

walksonair2002 in Jonesboro, Georgia said: ....aaaannnnnd that's the best news I've heard since Tuesday..lol you got your index cards ready yet, wannabfa??

Hey walksonair2002,

I'm glad everything worked out for you! This has been a long process and the 22nd awaits us soon! Flash cards, I have mines ready!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

WANNABFA in Georgia

26 months ago

walksonair2002 in Jonesboro, Georgia said: ....aaaannnnnd that's the best news I've heard since Tuesday..lol you got your index cards ready yet, wannabfa??

Lol working on the flash cards.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

WANNABFA in Georgia

26 months ago

Dwizzi in Atlanta, Georgia said: Amen.

I wonder how many people will be showing up

Right me 2.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

walksonair2002 in Jonesboro, Georgia

26 months ago

Dwizzi in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hey walksonair2002,

I'm glad everything worked out for you! This has been a long process and the 22nd awaits us soon! Flash cards, I have mines ready!

Thanks! I just made some for the 1st assessment, I don't wanna over cram my brain.. my last weekend as a free woman for 6 weeks:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dwizzi in Atlanta, Georgia

26 months ago

walksonair2002 in Jonesboro, Georgia said: Thanks! I just made some for the 1st assessment, I don't wanna over cram my brain.. my last weekend as a free woman for 6 weeks:)

It's for a good cause though! At least it's not to much though. Really simple easy stuff!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.