What's the company culture at Diageo?

Comments (2)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Diageo?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Diageo?

Space Ghost in Plainfield, Illinois

73 months ago

Diageo makes some great Brands like Smirnoff Crown Royal & Guinness. As a result Diageo is very profitable, pays its employees well and has fantastic benefits. BUT, no one stays at Diageo a long time, most have a shelf life of 3-5Years which is strange because the actual work is really easy since making and selling booze is really very simple compared to most other products.

I think most people get bored at the lack of professional challenge and get tired of the bizarre corporate strategies & viscous politics. I remember sitting in bi-weekly meetings with weak leaders demanding that we be 'Super Engaged' that we 'Connect to the Diageo Purpose' and we be 'energized to drive to deliver'. We would all leave the meeting and laugh at the ridiculous pep speeches. They would also demand that we Drink Responsibly and then follow through by setingt up bi-weekly company sponsored bar sessions at 3:30PM where we all get drunk and then drive home! Yeehaw!

I would recommend everyone spend a few years at Diageo as a break from your difficult job. As long as a you recognize that you have a 5 Years shelf life you can make it into a paid sabbatical.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.