Why does Diedre Moire advertise?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (48)

Anthony Jeffries in Plainfield, New Jersey

110 months ago

I am at a loss as to the Diedre Moire, and (removed) in particular, advertises for positions. After several submissions of my resume to various advertisements, then actual follow telephone calls only to be placed into (removed) voicemail,I have yet to have a single response - positive, negative or otherwise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (83) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Doug Plucker in Corona, New York

109 months ago

Doug plucker said:
I wish Indeed.com had some kind of filter that could be turned on to knock out ads by these clowns.

There is a filter! Just put -Diedre in the 'what' field and no more ads by these clowns will show up in your search!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

DaAzDude in San Antonio, Texas

109 months ago

Doug plucker said:
I wish Indeed.com had some kind of filter that could be turned on to knock out ads by these clowns.

--------------------
AMEN!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Doug plucker in Corona, New York

109 months ago

Daniella said:
H If you are looking for a career change or new objective, please feel free to contact our offices at wwwrxpersonnelcom. I can guarantee that someone will help you.

Yeah? How come you ain't got no listings on Indeed?
Huh?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Gary Johnson in Dallas, Texas

109 months ago

Doug plucker said:

Actually, Indeed.com's advanced search options give you the opportunity to exclude words. What I have done is create a Wordpad.txt file that I have input exclusion words into so that I can paste that into the "With none of these words" field. It works pretty well. I haven't used it for excluding recrutiters (because, let's just face it, they are the door to almost any job in America anymore), but for all the a******s that put entry level sales jobs in the "CAD" or "IT" or "Manager" catagories.

That field will, hoever, work for excluding words like "Volt" or "Aerotek" or "Robert Half" as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Donna in Charlotte, North Carolina

109 months ago

How disappointing to read this about Diedre Moire! They posted an ad for a position that I thought would be perfect for me. I haven't heard anything from them. I guess I should stop holding my breath. :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No Reply - Report abuse

jks in North Smithfield, Rhode Island

109 months ago

WHO are They? Never Heard of Then. Are they another MRI?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

S L in Cambridge, Massachusetts

109 months ago

Yes, they are just another MRI. Best would be to ignore their ads. I thought illegal advertisement was illegal, I am actually thinking to sue them for misleading desperate people who are actively looking for a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Hendl in Los Angeles, California

109 months ago

S L said: Yes, they are just another MRI. Best would be to ignore their ads. I thought illegal advertisement was illegal, I am actually thinking to sue them for misleading desperate people who are actively looking for a job.

Actually, you are correct. I have just finished studying (and taking) the CA bar exam. It is definitely illegal to advertise if the company is using misrepresentation and/or fraud. Has anyone connected the FCC about this? Sueing directly would be expensive, plus, after reading these e-mails, I don't if anyone could even "find" the company to serve them with court documents to tell them they are being sued!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

109 months ago

I have some free time to take any legal action necessary against diedre Corporation. I am not interested to sue for money, but my goal is to put those people out of business. Do you have a number or an Email for FCC?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CRob in Saint Petersburg, Florida

108 months ago

I'm right with the guys that think putting sales positions in a search with IT jobs is defeating the purpose, go post on a sales board somewhere. Those of us with worthwhile talents don't want to pull up some post that hits with PeopleSoft or Oracle halfway through the jumbled mess of crap you call keywords. May just be though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

islndjak in Pompano Beach, Florida

108 months ago

Wild said: After reading these comments it really isn't hard to see why some of you are out of work! Instead of wasting incredible amounts of energy trying to sue someone who has posted an ad, try re-doubling your efforts to find a suitable position. Posting four or five ranting notes on this blog doesn't do you a whole lot of good and doesn't really provide the rest of us any meaningful information. So Diedre isn't posting the way they should. Move on to a company that does and let the marketplace work.

You have no idea how frustrating it is when seeking employment, with bills looming over head, and no income coming in, not all of us are making 100K to sock some money away. So when you find a job that looks like a match you go for it.
And when you hit a bogus company it is frustrating so these blogs permit a little venting of said frustration.
i hope your never in this position
Jak

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

islndjak in Pompano Beach, Florida

108 months ago

S L said: Yes, they are just another MRI. Best would be to ignore their ads. I thought illegal advertisement was illegal, I am actually thinking to sue them for misleading desperate people who are actively looking for a job.

The key here is CLASS ACTION

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Wild in Johnstown, Ohio

108 months ago

islndjak said:
You have no idea how frustrating it is when seeking employment, with bills looming over head, and no income coming in, not all of us are making 100K to sock some money away. So when you find a job that looks like a match you go for it.
And when you hit a bogus company it is frustrating so these blogs permit a little venting of said frustration.
i hope your never in this position
Jak

First I know first hand how frustrating it is to look for work but ironically I have never been out of work. At time I may not have had the opportunity that I wanted but I did whatever was necessary to take care of business.
Second I don't have an 100k job but if you want one its out there if you focus your efforts.
Third, suing a search firm for "misleading" ads is like throwing money down the Grand Canyon. Search Firms cast a wide net and anyone who expects a response unless the firm is interested is kidding themselves. You are better off networking with people you know in your industry or former company or church or whatever.
You live in Florida where there is a booming economy and opportunity. If you keeping pushing you will eventually find the right opportunity.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

JML in Toledo, Ohio

108 months ago

Wild said:
First I know first hand how frustrating it is to look for work but ironically I have never been out of work.

I daresay if you've never been out of work, then you really DON'T know.

It takes hours equivalent to or more than an 8-hour work day just to SEARCH through all the different job boards online, including classified ads in your local papers' online editions. You can spend 8, 10, 12+ hours a day, every day, on your search including writing cover letters, tweaking resumes for specific jobs, making more copies of work from your portfolio, going on interviews, making follow-up calls, networking, doing small industry-specific jobs and "favors" to stay relevent, SEO-ing yourself, etc.

And when you realize that 70 percent of your time is wasted chasing leads that don't even exist ... job listing scams seriously dominate the web these days. Now THAT is frustrating!

Sheesh, let people gripe a little. It is helpful to let off steam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Name in Columbia, Tennessee

108 months ago

Daniella said:
Hi to you all!
I am sorry that you all have had bad expierences with this company or any other recruiting company. Please understand that not ALL recruiting companies act this way. The majority of them have morals and ethics. I know because I am a agent myself. Our office is affiliated with a network of over 400 independent agents. These resources enable us to collaborate and match medical professionals with the jobs that best fit our client’s needs. Our technology is aligned with our business strategy. Unique software tools allows us to do candidate placements quickly and efficiently. An extensive database provides access to jobs and human capital. Our team of agents gives us unprecedented coverage; both, domestically & internationally. If you are looking for a career change or new objective, please feel free to contact our offices at wwwrxpersonnelcom. I can guarantee that someone will help you.

HAHAHAHAHA.. You must be new to the recruiting field and the IT industry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Nosemeat in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio

108 months ago

Daniella said:
Hi to you all!
I am sorry that you all have had bad expierences with this company or any other recruiting company. Please understand that not ALL recruiting companies act this way. The majority of them have morals and ethics. I know because I am a agent myself. Our office is affiliated with a network of over 400 independent agents. These resources enable us to collaborate and match medical professionals with the jobs that best fit our client’s needs. Our technology is aligned with our business strategy. Unique software tools allows us to do candidate placements quickly and efficiently. An extensive database provides access to jobs and human capital. Our team of agents gives us unprecedented coverage; both, domestically & internationally. If you are looking for a career change or new objective, please feel free to contact our offices at wwwrxpersonnelcom. I can guarantee that someone will help you.

You "recruiters" are flesh peddlers plain and simple. You put forth the effort of a daydreaming realtor. Bottom of the food chain along with lawyers and car salesmen IMHO.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

BillZ NC

108 months ago

If you believe false advertising was promoted by a recruiting company then by all means file a compliant first with your state's Department of Justice or Attorney General's office. False and mis-leading advertising is still illegal in all 50 states. Most likely your state AG/DOJ office has a consumer affairs division and this is in plain english - a scam and that makes it illegal and prosecutable. After filing your formal written compliant with the AG/DOJ contact your local television station's consumer advocate - get them on the story - get them to ask the questions on camera at the local branch of the recruiting company.

POINT OF FACT - most recruiting companies are franchisee's just like the local Wendy's, MacDonald', Pittsburgh Paints,
Play It Again, etc. Sure some may be corporate owned but the roll out of the industry was done just like a fast food. Whether you really were a HR person or someone who had the cash to buy the local franchise, wham overnight you're a HR pro!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Not all are bad in Tampa, Florida

108 months ago

The big firms pad their databases by posting fake positions to attract candidates to post to these positions. If they don't have an open position for you with their existing clients they move on to the next candidate. They attract new clients by the impressive number of available candidates they have in their database. Smaller firms give you the personal service and work hard for you. If I don't have a client looking for your skillset I confidentially market your credentials to all firms in your desired geographic area. It's too bad that they big "churn and burn" firms give us all a bad name.

Anthony Jeffries said: I am at a loss as to the Diedre Moire, and (removed) in particular, advertises for positions. After several submissions of my resume to various advertisements, then actual follow telephone calls only to be placed into (removed) voicemail,I have yet to have a single response - positive, negative or otherwise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anthony in Ft Mitchell, Kentucky

108 months ago

Hi Gary,

What do you know about Volt?

I replied to a job at Volt and got an e-mail asking me if I could be reach in that afternoon. I replied saying any time would be good. I didn't get a call. I felt stupid realizing that it was one of those automatic replies to sending in a resume. Also, I think by replying to that e-mail, I suspect that they began to spam me mail box with insurance sale jobs.

Is Volt one of those **** so-called recruiters? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Not all are bad in Tampa, Florida

108 months ago

Volt is primarily a temp agency. You may have received a "auto reply" but I can't say for sure. If you posted your resume to Career Builder or Monster you will get a lot of emails for insurance jobs. I don't think the two are related.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tim Green in Downingtown, Pennsylvania

107 months ago

I am really pissed off with recruitment agencies. I've applied for dozens of jobs where I've fit their job requirements and have never been interviewed. I have decided to take legal action for misleading and deceptive conduct.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Au

107 months ago

It is an illegal organization
probably BBB can close it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Eric in Nashville, Tennessee

107 months ago

To Daniella,

Why don't you give it a rest and get a real job? When job seekers realize they can do everything recruiters do with a lot less frustration, you can take your sales pitch somewhere else. Misrepresenting job availability borders on false advertising. I have yet to figure out how you people stay in business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Anthony in Ft Mitchell, Kentucky

107 months ago

Anthonyin Ft Mitchell, Kentucky said: Hi Gary,

What do you know about Volt?

I replied to a job at Volt and got an e-mail asking me if I could be reach in that afternoon. I replied saying any time would be good. I didn't get a call. I felt stupid realizing that it was one of those automatic replies to sending in a resume. Also, I think by replying to that e-mail, I suspect that they began to spam me mail box with insurance sale jobs.

P.S.
I also wrote the next day that I got to call from a recruiter from Volt, a pleasnt surprise. Just want to clarify that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Au

107 months ago

S L in Cambridge, Massachusetts said: Can we do something to prevent them from advertsising? Or should we sue them and stop looking for a job?

It is an illegal organization
probably FBI or BBB (better business bureau) can close it?
Looks like main goal of this agency - to collect extensive data base for external owner abroad about job market condition in the USA in military related fields !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Searching in KY in Millersville, Missouri

107 months ago

I was applying to two different HR positions today, one in Louisville, KY and one in Lexington, KY. I noticed that the e-mail address for both positions was the same. I don't know if it is a waste of time yet or not. I will let you know if I hear anything from the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tim in Downingtown, Pennsylvania

107 months ago

Good luck. I have wasted ehough of my time respinding to Robert Half advertisments to know that you need it. That company should be "deregistered".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nun-Yur-biz in Chicago, Illinois

107 months ago

Daniella in Mountain Top, Pennsylvania said: Hi to you all!

You should not contribute to this discussion since there is a conflict-of-interest in your case. It does not matter whether or not a recruiting company is good or not. All we know is what we experience dealing with them and people on here are commenting on that without the conflict-of-interest issue you have.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tim in Downingtown, Pennsylvania

107 months ago

Hey Biz, why don’t you bi…z off. Obviously your posting is just abother form of marketing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

-indeedhost in Austin, Texas

107 months ago

Nun-Yur-biz in Chicago, Illinois said: You should not contribute to this discussion since there is a conflict-of-interest in your case. It does not matter whether or not a recruiting company is good or not. All we know is what we experience dealing with them and people on here are commenting on that without the conflict-of-interest issue you have.
All people are welcome to contribute to the discussions on our forums as long as they abide by our terms of service and create constructive discussion. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Daniel in San Lorenzo, California

107 months ago

Doug Plucker in Elmhurst, New York said: Diedre Moire is just another piece of crap recruiting company like Robert Half, Aerotek, etc.

110% true and a fact.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

107 months ago

true. Just ignore them!!

Melissa Taub, CAC, CSP in Santa Clarita, California

105 months ago

Doug plucker in Elmhurst, New York said: I wish Indeed.com had some kind of filter that could be turned on to knock out ads by these clowns.

Not all recruiters are CRAP as you say. Do not work with a recruiter unless they are a member of NAPS (National Association of Personnel Services) or ASA (American Staffing Association) or one of it's many statewide chapters. All recruiters that are members of these 2 time honored organizations are bound by a code of ethics. We are not all used car salesmen...some of us have ethics and it is sad that a few of us make it a problem for the rest of us. Don't stop working with recruiters yet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nosemeat in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio

105 months ago

Recruiters are indeed CRAP. They pad their company’s database with inflated numbers (bling) by posting non-existent jobs. This make them more attractive to the respective client companies. In fact recruiters are nothing more than flesh peddlers akin to the dim bulbs who sell used cars. They are more of an impediment than anything else.

They are the bane of wage earners

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

tiffany in Trenton, New Jersey

103 months ago

aerotek rules! Recruiters helped me out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

tiffany in Trenton, New Jersey

103 months ago

Be nice to your recruiters. They are not to blame. Human resources makes the final decision regarding your resume.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lisa in Trenton, New Jersey

103 months ago

Why dont all you people apply directly to the Fortune 500 companies? Use the HR depts ant not the recruiters. Why dont you sue all the fortune 500 companies for not hiring you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tom in Fort Wayne, Indiana

103 months ago

This firm is a joke. Do not reply to any of their advertised positions. The positions do not exsite and in the rare chance they do. I guy that calls you back is an a******. Stay Away

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Quincy, Massachusetts

103 months ago

islndjak in Pompano Beach, Florida said: The key here is CLASS ACTION

How about we all summit a claim to the BBB! I just did! Better than nothing, I tell you...

candidate in Milltown, New Jersey

103 months ago

I replied to their ad and Robert Marrone from Diedre called me the same day. My background was a good fit for the ad. He did not name the employer but only spoke about the ad in general terms. I got the impression that he was collecting resumes for general job descriptions and not for a specific job opening at a specific employer. That was 6 weeks ago and I have not heard anything back from them. Has anyone got an actual job placement thru diedre?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nosemeat in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio

103 months ago

Read the forums here and you'll see that a large number of these firms are frauds . . . . . . .

They're no good! in Nashville, Tennessee

103 months ago

I worked for a temp agency/recruitment company and it IS true that they post positions that are nonexistent. Higher paying positions are typically filled by individuals that may have been referred by someone already working for the client (company). Even if that is not the case, recruiters go online searching for qualified individuals in addition to looking at filed resumes--ultimately making it that much harder for someone to get a position. They look for details that stand out such as how much money you would like to receive annually and may choose someone because they asked for less money than you! I would advise people NOT to work with these agencies. Even if morals/ethics are part of the company's structure--it doesn't mean that all of the managers and/or staffing employees follow them. I left the company because of the way its' clients and management treated me and the employees (as did a handful of employees before and during that time). Definitely not an environment I would ever like to be a part of ever again!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Alies in Hampton, Virginia

102 months ago

Hendl in Los Angeles, California said: Actually, you are correct. I have just finished studying (and taking) the CA bar exam. It is definitely illegal to advertise if the company is using misrepresentation and/or fraud. Has anyone connected the FCC about this? Sueing directly would be expensive, plus, after reading these e-mails, I don't if anyone could even "find" the company to serve them with court documents to tell them they are being sued!

Yes, but what we can do to stop this fraud. What we can do to stop these con artists, if they deliberately deceive desperate people like me to obtain our e-mail addreses and subsequenly pass them to advertising companies for financial gain.

RTB9 in Oceanport, New Jersey

87 months ago

Anthony Jeffries in Plainfield, New Jersey said: I am at a loss as to the Diedre Moire, and (removed) in particular, advertises for positions. After several submissions of my resume to various advertisements, then actual follow telephone calls only to be placed into (removed) voicemail,I have yet to have a single response - positive, negative or otherwise.

Barnes has not worked for Diedre Moire for over two years. If there are ads running with his name on it, from DMC, the ads are either ghost ads or BS.

Jeff M in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

77 months ago

It looks like that the place is actually some dude named Stephen Reuning who has a patent for a software that grabs peoples information off other legitimate websites. If that is so he is just some tech pimp.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

cru2002sader in Germantown, Maryland

50 months ago

Wild in Galena, Ohio said: After reading these comments it really isn't hard to see why some of you are out of work! Instead of wasting incredible amounts of energy trying to sue someone who has posted an ad, try re-doubling your efforts to find a suitable position. Posting four or five ranting notes on this blog doesn't do you a whole lot of good and doesn't really provide the rest of us any meaningful information. So Diedre isn't posting the way they should. Move on to a company that does and let the marketplace work.

Although I agree that people could be focusing their time on something more productive, you (nor I) can not make this statement without being hypocritical because you did waste your time reading all of the comments, including this one :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

stevenlongo in Beachwood, New Jersey

31 months ago

I can personnaly tell you that endless job searching really sucks. But!! I will not let it get to me. After 450 plus resumes, a couple are starting to come through. I am now going to personnaly see what Diedre Moire is about for myself.
I won't disclose the company name, but will move forward cautiously. I need to think positive and put my best foot forward. I see all of the negitive experiences
you have experienced and will keep this in the back of my mind. A traveling sales man has to sometimes trek many miles to score a sale. I wish all of you better good fortune in your job searches. We are talking about hundreds of possible companies to work for and like catching a prize fish, it takes a little time.

Good Luck All.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.