DILLARDS IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

happy hunt in huntsville, Alabama

63 months ago

I'VE NOW BEEN AT DILLARDS STORE #460 FOR A WHILE, AND I LOVE IT , I FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS SITE MONTHS AGO AND THOUGHT I'D SEE WHAT WAS BEING SAID, FIRST OF ALL I KNEW RAVE WHEN SHE WORKED THERE, I GUESS SHE WAS AN OK EMPLOYEE, BUT YOU NEED TO LET IT GO, IF IT WAS SUCH A BAD PLACE TO WORK THEN BE GLAD THEY FIRED YOU, DON'T WORK SOMEWHERE YOUR NOT HAPPY. AND IF YOU MAKE MORE MONEY NOW GOOD FOR YOU, SO SHUT UP ABOUT HOW BAD DILLARDS IS , BECAUSE I LOVE IT THERE, OH WAIT PROBLEY BECAUSE I DO MY JOB, SO I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT GETTING FIRED. I DON'T THINK ALL OF YOU UNDERSTAND HOW HARD IT IS TO FIND A COMPANY THAT PAYS GOOD AS LONG AS YOU WORK GOOD.AND ALL THE MANAGERS THAT GOT FIRED THESE PAST FEW MONTHS, WELL GUESS WHAT THEY WEREN'T DOING THEIR JOB. JUST LIKE YOU RAVEN, DON'T STEAL FROM THE PLACE WHO PAYS YOU. AS FOR OUR NEW GENERAL MANAGER MARY DAVIS, SHE'S ALSO A WOUNDERFUL BOSS, SHE CAME IN CLEANED UP A BIG MESS AND NOW HAVE CUSTOMERS COMING BACK TO SHOP. SHE'S NOT HARD TO WORK FOR AS LONG AS YOU DO YOUR JOB!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Hooch in Stuart, Florida

57 months ago

I've worked for Dillards for two years now and I have received two raises in a row. Do I think Dillards is a great place to work? No. In the past two years I've seen close to 50 people leave the store, either b/c they weren't making their quotas, SPH, or because they just got fed up with the unfairness of the whole system. Rules are constantly changing. People aren't important. Only the numbers. The reason I've stayed on is b/c I don't need a job really and I don't feel the pressure as others do and I figure I'll just let it play itself out. I would not recommend this company to anyone starting out unless it's an inbetweener. What goes around comes around and I for one can't wait for the day when Dillards gets their just desserts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

NotKate in Richmond, Virginia

29 months ago

Please, don't judge the whole store on one or two people, take it that overall, if anything happens, you have a problem with management. If your sales fall, you lose your salary. Perhaps your job. If you get injured, they make you fight in court for Workman's Comp! It's not a law that your company has to automatically give you Workman's Comp if you are injured on the job, but MOST companies do! I personally knew two people that it happened to. The last person took Dillards to court and when she one, their lawyers took her aside and said: "Oh, by the way, you don't have a job anymore, you're fired."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.