Dillard's Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1201 to 1250 of 1639)
Page:  « First « Previous   22  23  24  25  26  27  28  Next »   Last »

carolineliza in Pt St Lucie, Florida

66 months ago

I hear your pain. I transferred to another store and put in new departments and helped others with their goals just before Christmas. Then when my review was to start, I was put into my department. So I was expected to be working on my goal without knowing what I was selling from day 1. But retail is getting to be very competitive. I have been interviwiewing and now for retail jobs, the employers want the best of the best, top talent and they have so many applicants to choose from. I would love to find another field to get into. But losing so much time in retail, I have no other skills. Pretty sad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jane in Bowling Green, Kentucky

66 months ago

Dillards doesnt care whether the employee is dependable, professional and doing all the ridiculous
10 things they expect you to do PLUS meet their STUPID sales goals..They didnt even give me
a warning or 10 % paycut, which , is wrong wrong wrong!!!..TO THE DILLARDS FAMILY AND CARLOS GUERRA
AT DILLARDS IN BOWLING GREEN KY...SHAME ON YOU FOR LETTING A FINE, PROFESSIONAL HARD WORING EMPLOYEE
AS MYSELF ME GO. THIS COMPANY IS A HELLHOLE AND I WOULDNT RECOMMEND IT TO ANYON..I HAVE SEVERL RICH
FRIENDS WHO WILL BE BOYCOTTING DILLARDS BECAUSE THEY FIRED ME FOR NOPT MEETING THEIR GOALS..GEE, ARENT
WE HAVING A HORRIBLE EXOCOMY.. Surely Dillards must realize that Chick Fil A, steamboat Salvage,
some teenager store have left ..also Wendys and Sbarro is leaving the greenwood Mall..
My brother is an atty and he questioned whether docking employees 10% of their pay every 3 mo is legal..
he Dept of Labor should review this crazy company..It's unethical.The only thing Dillards cares about
is fattening the CEO's pockets..and letting the good employees go.
I BELIEVE WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND...IT IS ONLY THEIR LOSS..

By the way, I used to work for another business in the Mall where one college girl said 6 girls in her
class talked to their class about the HORRORS OF WORKKING FOR THIS CRAZY CO.
GEE, I WOULD THINK DILLARDS WOULD WORK EXTRA HARD TO HAVE A BETTER REPUTATION..GET A CLUE...PEOPle
something good came out of losing my job, Iwent back to Dillards yeaterday, spoke with many former
co workers who took my Phone #, hugged me, and said they'd pray for me..I'm sure I will be missed..
also I know my customers loved me..I have a fun, upbeat sense of humor..I know i made a difference
when my customers would shop..I KNOW I DID THE BEST JOB I COULD..CONSIDERING THE CIRCUMSTANCES..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

William in Fort Worth, Texas

66 months ago

MadAsHell316 in Tampa Bay, Florida said: I was a Dock Worker for close to 4 years; I had aspirations to be a future Dock Manager at another store...I WAS SO CLOSE TO MOVING UP....instead i got shoved out onto the sales floor with ZERO selling experience thinking I was gonna succeed...WRONG!!! I'm a janitor for crying out loud!!! Im glad i got out in time before the new year when i got word that I was along a list of other associates to be fired on the new year fo not making "numbers"....yeah....a janitor that has NEVER SOLD A THING IN HIS LIFE is gonna be a PACESETTER!!!! WHATEVER DULLARDS!!!!

I am William l. Norman 111 and I want to tell you that I feel terrible for you. I want every body to know that I feel for all of you. Here is the deal, I started a new forum called Dillards Employee who want to help other Dillards employee. I am very blessed to be in a small group of employees who maintain and update all the images you see on the Dillards website. I had a little proof of experience and only a trade certificate in desk top publishing from Job Core of all places. I have a gift for gab and dressed as nice as I could an went to an interview for Division 7 advertising where I interviewed for a photography position on accident because I saw advertising and I worked in print. Oops fairly embarrassed that I had made such a mistake, I told them I am no photographer, but I know how to build anything in print and can fix any image put in front of me. I had almost no proof of that and a limited portfolio. Maybe I was even exaggerating to an extent, but I know I can learn fast and believe in my self and that makes you look strong and the studio manager, who I must leave nameless, saw that. He obviously did not have an opening available for me but expressed that if he ever did he would call me back. Hey who doesn't hear that and feel like you can mark this job off your list.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

William in Fort Worth, Texas

66 months ago

William in Fort Worth, Texas said: I am William l. Norman 111 and I want to tell you that I feel terrible for you. I want every body to know that I feel for all of you. Here is the deal, I started a new forum called Dillards Employee who want to help other Dillards employee. I am very blessed to be in a small group of employees who maintain and update all the images you see on the Dillards website. I had a little proof of experience and only a trade certificate in desk top publishing from Job Core of all places. I have a gift for gab and dressed as nice as I could an went to an interview for Division 7 advertising where I interviewed for a photography position on accident because I saw advertising and I worked in print. Oops fairly embarrassed that I had made such a mistake, I told them I am no photographer, but I know how to build anything in print and can fix any image put in front of me. I had almost no proof of that and a limited portfolio. Maybe I was even exaggerating to an extent, but I know I can learn fast and believe in my self and that makes you look strong and the studio manager, who I must leave nameless, saw that. He obviously did not have an opening available for me but expressed that if he ever did he would call me back. Hey who doesn't hear that and feel like you can mark this job off your list.

Well I called back once, which is important as to show your desire for the job, just to let him know I am still interested and gave him a updated email and cell. He shocked me when he told me that he had passed my resume to two groups that would need someone like me one day. I was was pleasantly surprised and understood that it wasn't a guarantee but hey it was another chance. Well 8 months later I was surprised to come back from two weeks in Mexico to an answering machine with a request for an interview for a position in the Internet department. I called and scheduled and when I got there I was told I had been highly
recommended.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

William in Fort Worth, Texas

66 months ago

William in Fort Worth, Texas said: Well I called back once, which is important as to show your desire for the job, just to let him know I am still interested and gave him a updated email and cell. He shocked me when he told me that he had passed my resume to two groups that would need someone like me one day. I was was pleasantly surprised and understood that it wasn't a guarantee but hey it was another chance. Well 8 months later I was surprised to come back from two weeks in Mexico to an answering machine with a request for an interview for a position in the Internet department. I called and scheduled and when I got there I was told I had been highly
recommended and all I had to do was pass a test to verify the extent of my ability in a program called photoshop, Well I just happen to very proficient in this program. The test went pretty smooth for me and and I apparently completed it in record time. I was told by the imager who test me that I got the job and sent back to the manager who told me she will collaborate with her team and let me know there decision in a couple of
days. Well she called me that night to ask if I could start the very next week. I told her heck yeah and my life changed forever.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

William in Fort Worth, Texas

66 months ago

William in Fort Worth, Texas said:

I would love to say that I lived happily ever after but that would be foolish. I was immediately challenged to learn several new programs that help you maintain and update the site. I had to learn how to gather all images needed for that update and keep all original and modified images organized. I had to learn how to work and communicate with the buying staff. I had to learn very quickly that even if people are testy or rude to you that it was still my job to help them publish their merchandise. I at first was extremely intimidated because I had the cleaning and maintenance of the assets down but I did not know how to type proficiently and even worse no knowledge of grammar and proper business communication. Know matter how good I was, I still looked like a uneducated fool. I started trying to hide that by going and verbally dealing with people. I Just did not understand the consequences of not having records of daily work and communications. The point I am trying to make is I was constantly angry with Dillards and what I thought was a whack system. I look back now and realize that I was only getting defensive because I was afraid that people knew I was a GED graduate and out of my league. My manager actually happened to be a freaking English major and the chief editor of all the information on the sight and her pet peeve was incorrect grammar and loud people. Yeah I am terribly loud. She told me in a progressional manner to shut up and learn how to write professional emails. Ouch I hated her for being right. There it was, I had got my self in way over my head and felt like I probably should not even be there. I hated her for calling me out, I felt like she had targeted me and I wanted to give up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

William in Fort Worth, Texas

66 months ago

My 6 month review came up and she gave me my full bonus and wrote that I need to work on the volume of my voice and my email communication. I was hurt but understood that she was being a good manager and just telling me what I need to do to succeed and the bonus made me get over my feelings fairly quick. When you think that some one is against you, sometimes it's because you are just embarrassed that they are right. It's easier to blame your inabilities on the company or the the system or you boss or your co-workers and hell you dog at home. People need to justify to themselves that they have been misunderstood and are not stupid. It's away people recuperate from such a painful reality. In fact I set out that day to prove that I could adjust and overcome these setbacks. So that was my first true struggle and I could give up or get better. I chose the latter and just want everybody to know that if there was any one person in the company I could choose to help me troubleshoot a problem it would be her. MORE TO COME in CHAPTER 2.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

memphislea in Memphis, Tennessee

66 months ago

William Dear, I just read your comments and I am an ex-Dillard's employee who has a lawsuit against Dillard's at the present time. I hope to prevail!!!! Can we correspond by email? My email is memphislea@yahoo.com. By the way, are you one hundred and eleven years old, or was this a misprint??
Best regards,
Lea

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

memphislea in Memphis, Tennessee

66 months ago

William Dear, I just read your comments and I am an ex-Dillard's employee who has a lawsuit against Dillard's at the present time. I hope to prevail!!!! Can we correspond by email? My email is memphislea@yahoo.com. By the way, are you one hundred and eleven years old, or was this a misprint?? I am confused! Are you still at Dillard's????
Best regards,
Lea

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shellac in Austin, Texas

66 months ago

William in Fort Worth, Texas said: My 6 month review came up and she gave me my full bonus and wrote that I need to work on the volume of my voice and my email communication. I was hurt but understood that she was being a good manager and just telling me what I need to do to succeed and the bonus made me get over my feelings fairly quick. When you think that some one is against you, sometimes it's because you are just embarrassed that they are right. It's easier to blame your inabilities on the company or the the system or you boss or your co-workers and hell you dog at home. People need to justify to themselves that they have been misunderstood and are not stupid. It's away people recuperate from such a painful reality. In fact I set out that day to prove that I could adjust and overcome these setbacks. So that was my first true struggle and I could give up or get better. I chose the latter and just want everybody to know that if there was any one person in the company I could choose to help me troubleshoot a problem it would be her. MORE TO COME in CHAPTER 2.

Okay, Wild Bill, you have good technical talent, but your grammar and communication skills suck. Just go to the local community college and sign up for a course in English Grammar I and maybe also join a local group of Toastmasters for your oral skills (if you can squeeze it). You have a good technical base and a whole lota wanta to build on. So if they're willing to work with you on a schedule that you can go and get some help for your deficits, you could be President of Dillard's one day. ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

William in Fort Worth, Texas

66 months ago

Shellac in Austin, Texas said: Okay, Wild Bill, you have good technical talent, but your grammar and communication skills suck. Just go to the local community college and sign up for a course in English Grammar I and maybe also join a local group of Toastmasters for your oral skills (if you can squeeze it). You have a good technical base and a whole lota wanta to build on. So if they're willing to work with you on a schedule that you can go and get some help for your deficits, you could be President of Dillard's one day. ;)

I am writting an entire piece on how to destenguish the difference between Dillards hurting people and these rag tag bosses that treat people like crap and then get ride of you to cover their mistakes. I wrote the entire first piece on my Iphone and I know it's not perfect but I started a blog that I want to use to give employees at low levels a way to tell Dillards they are abused, because all the terrible experiences that I am reading about all seem to have one thing in common, either they reported the boss to his boss who probably wants to cover it up or to a divisional HR that did not report what they sent. Point in case is the blaming of Dillards is unfair if you have not exhausted all the resources they give you. If Dillards has a employee discriminating or abusing or drinking on the job why would any one think that Dillards is OK with that. Having the right contact is essential in successfully notifying Dillards of problem. This blog program is not quite up to par so through my new blog, I will be sending links to get out of this indeed blog and into a word press blog that allows a lot more feature to organize you literature. Any person who ask to talk to me for help in their lawsuit is way out of line. My entire piece is to show Dillards does care about all these complaints but probably has no clue it's going on and a lawsuite means you just want money and not positive change at Dillards.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Shellac in Austin, Texas

66 months ago

LOL, you are a riot Wild Bill. You responded to the wrong post about the lawsuit. I'm not suing them. If you writing your blog on your iPhone, you are probably doing it on Dillard's time, and that can get you into deep do-do there.

Drunks have and do run riot in a few stores. They have to steal something, cheat the time clock or burn the store down to get fired. You just started, so hang out awhile and see.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

William in Mesquite, Texas

66 months ago

Shellac in Austin, Texas said: LOL, you are a riot Wild Bill. You responded to the wrong post about the lawsuit. I'm not suing them. If you writing your blog on your iPhone, you are probably doing it on Dillard's time, and that can get you into deep do-do there.

Drunks have and do run riot in a few stores. They have to steal something, cheat the time clock or burn the store down to get fired. You just started, so hang out awhile and see.

Alright first calm down. Second I told you I am starting a new blog that will be in chapters, the original comment you replied to was chapter 1, I am on vacation and the comment you first replied to was written and submitted around 1 am in the morning. I have also seen many of your post and you really are very angry and feel under appreciate. That's fine I don't know what's happened to you. The problem is you read a chapter that was on my first 6 months at Dillards. I have a total of 10 chapter outlined. So let me clear things up that you assumed. I am a 5 year employee not a fresh fish. I going to show all the obstacles I delt with and how I overcame them. I considered leaving hundreds of times but decided to not give up. I started to build close relationships with key people who aided me in my rise. Without that support I probably would have left. I started this to help employees express their problems and help them build support. You reserve the right to share your opinion, but it is still a opinion not a fact. So I am asking nicely for you to stop assuming and I will put a link to a blog that has all 10 of my chapters. Read then decide. You might not only look at me diffrently but at Dillards in a whole new light. Can we agree to let this unfounded argument stop so that I can move on to what I came here for. I wish you good luck and if you are being held back, try building a relationship outside of your store with key figures that will acknowledge you for you abilities.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Louisville Slugger in Louisville, Kentucky

66 months ago

William in Mesquite, Texas said: Alright first calm down. Second I told you I am starting a new blog that will be in chapters, the original comment you replied to was chapter 1, I am on vacation and the comment you first replied to was written and submitted around 1 am in the morning. I have also seen many of your post and you really are very angry and feel under appreciate. That's fine I don't know what's happened to you. The problem is you read a chapter that was on my first 6 months at Dillards. I have a total of 10 chapter outlined. So let me clear things up that you assumed. I am a 5 year employee not a fresh fish. I going to show all the obstacles I delt with and how I overcame them. I considered leaving hundreds of times but decided to not give up. I started to build close relationships with key people who aided me in my rise. Without that support I probably would have left. I started this to help employees express their problems and help them build support. You reserve the right to share your opinion, but it is still a opinion not a fact. So I am asking nicely for you to stop assuming and I will put a link to a blog that has all 10 of my chapters. Read then decide. You might not only look at me diffrently but at Dillards in a whole new light. Can we agree to let this unfounded argument stop so that I can move on to what I came here for. I wish you good luck and if you are being held back, try building a relationship outside of your store with key figures that will acknowledge you for you abilities.

I understand what you are doing William and think it's a great idea. Dillard's isn't the problem in 99.9% of these people's complaints on this site, it's poor management. Every company has poor managers scattered throughout their organizations not just Dillard's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

William in Fort Worth, Texas

66 months ago

Louisville Slugger in Louisville, Kentucky said: I understand what you are doing William and think it's a great idea. Dillard's isn't the problem in 99.9% of these people's complaints on this site, it's poor management. Every company has poor managers scattered throughout their organizations not just Dillard's.

Perfect and to the point, I saw your blog about the missing earrings and chuckled because it is a perfect example of financial inefficiency. I would ask what the total value of the earrings are then what the expense was of the employees time finding them, when it is obvious they spent more money in the persuit of finding the earring than what the value of these earrings are, than they have just paid for the earrings them selves. This kind of philosophy goes way beyond earrings. You can look at Dillards annual report to it's stock holders and see that operating cost are higher than profit returned. The Dillards family knows this and have applied a lot of pressure from the top so all the management from the top down are more concerned about getting in trouble than reinventing the system. Do you think that in those board meeting the managment says the messed up and don't know how to fix it or just point the finger to the next department. I feel bad for them because they have thousands of managers and just can't single handedly cut through the web of deceit. We need a way to suggest these problems directly to them or else somewhere along the way the idea is buried.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shellac in Austin, Texas

66 months ago

Louisville Slugger in Louisville, Kentucky said: I understand what you are doing William and think it's a great idea. Dillard's isn't the problem in 99.9% of these people's complaints on this site, it's poor management. Every company has poor managers scattered throughout their organizations not just Dillard's.

You guys are a riot. I love this, "Dillard's isn't the problem in 99.9% of these people's complaints on this site, it's poor management."

Dillard's is corporation (an entity). Corporations are managed by the board of directors (BOD) and then the CEO, CFO and CTO. The BOD almost totally controlled by an old Little Rock family, who hire like minded cronies. Those like-minded cronies hire managers similar to themselves. Everything comes from the corner office (top level of management). The corporate culture springs from the family. The corporate culture is full of mismanagement and wrong headedness straight from those top levels. The merchandise is not at fault, nor is the entity (Dillard's). It is top level Dillard's management that makes illogical rules and sets pay rates, quotas, etc.

That having been said, your statement makes absolutely NO sense.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LonghornsGuy in Austin, Texas

66 months ago

Shellac in Austin, Texas said: You guys are a riot. I love this, "Dillard's isn't the problem in 99.9% of these people's complaints on this site, it's poor management."

Dillard's is corporation (an entity). Corporations are managed by the board of directors (BOD) and then the CEO, CFO and CTO. The BOD almost totally controlled by an old Little Rock family, who hire like minded cronies. Those like-minded cronies hire managers similar to themselves. Everything comes from the corner office (top level of management). The corporate culture springs from the family. The corporate culture is full of mismanagement and wrong headedness straight from those top levels. The merchandise is not at fault, nor is the entity (Dillard's). It is top level Dillard's management that makes illogical rules and sets pay rates, quotas, etc.

That having been said, your statement makes absolutely NO sense.

What makes no sense is why someone would stay in a job they hate and then b*tch about it on the internet instead of using that same internet to find a new job unless that someone knows they can't do any better than Dillard's. Maybe spend a little more time on the job search forum and a little less on the bash Dillard's forum. Pay Rates, SPH, and Sales Quotas are all explained to associates before they take the job in the first place (If not then that is an example "poor management" in a store). Plain and simple if you don't like your job then find a new one. Quit wasting your life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

memphislea in Memphis, Tennessee

66 months ago

William, you are patronizing and condescending. I was not asking for your help in my lawsuit.I don't need your help!! I just want to help people that have been royally screwed by Dilard's. You sound like an apple polisher that wants to impress Dillard's with your comments. You will want help someday........Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

hard worker in Dallas, Texas

66 months ago

From Tylelr, TX — 10/15/2010
I went to work for Dillard's knowing it was a sales position and knowing the hours of operation. I had worked in an office environment most of my life and at the end of my career I wanted to try my hand at sales. I had a very positive experience at Dillard's in Tyler, TX. Store Manager was very knowledgeable and approachable, and I absolutely adored the Store Ops Manager, you have to keep in mind they are not their to be your best friend, they have a job to do. I worked in Ladies ready to wear and the manager was very helpful and would work around your needs on scheduling. In 2 1/2 years of working there I had over $4.00 in wage increases. I worked in "seasonal" ready to wear and still managed to make my sph and get my credit apps, and I did not go into other areas to get my sales. ((((I found that associates that did not meet their sph's were generally the ones that were never in their area (they were in other areas complaining about not making their sph's)))). The longevity of the work lives of the associates in Tyler that put forth the effort was many years. We all look to find the perfect "sales" job, and quite frankly there is no such animal. I thank my lucky stars that my Dillard's experience was with such wonderful manager's and sales associates. I left my position as I was moving to another state and wanted to take some time off and explore and enjoy our new surroundings, but if I decide to go back to work I will be looking for a Dillard's store near where I now live

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Shellac in Austin, Texas

66 months ago

LonghornsGuy in Austin, Texas said: What makes no sense is why someone would stay in a job they hate and then b*tch about it on the internet instead of using that same internet to find a new job unless that someone knows they can't do any better than Dillard's. Maybe spend a little more time on the job search forum and a little less on the bash Dillard's forum. Pay Rates, SPH, and Sales Quotas are all explained to associates before they take the job in the first place (If not then that is an example "poor management" in a store). Plain and simple if you don't like your job then find a new one. Quit wasting your life.

Typical male. Like you know what I need in my life. You know nothing about me, yet feel compelled to tell me I am wasting my life. I have a few reasons for continuing to work there, and they are good ones for my situation. I am not a quitter. Nothing ever changed for the better in any company from silent employees who saw illogical business practices and kept their mouths shut. Just because Dullard's does not want or appreciate employee input is yet another reason why their corporate culture is a negative one and a reason for the over-the-top employee turnover rate. The original old man Dillard used to go out on the floor and talk to the associates. He used to ask for their opinions on things. Not anymore, his sons and their minions, just blast through with noses in air and not so much as the time of day to the people who put the money in the registers. The bottom line could be improved with just a few very simple changes in their autocratic behaviors.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

carolineliza in Pt St Lucie, Florida

66 months ago

I totally agree. Sometimes we have to stay in the job because right now there is not much opportunity out there. But the truth is Dillard's does not have a very progressive company culture. It is true, that when the "VIP's" come, they not even say hello. They want us to provide over the top customer service, but they themselves will not say hello to the very people who do work hard to put money in the register. That is not setting a good example even on such a basic level.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

pissed employee in Phoenix, Arizona

66 months ago

I hate working for Dillard's. I found out I was pregnant a month after starting work there. They put me in shoes at first and for the first trimester I told my shoe manager I couldn't keep up with what I was asked to do. He told me it was the middle of the holiday so I had no other choice. After the holidays I talked to my store manager and told him I couldn't work in shoes. He told me to get a doc note, so I did. the note said no hard labor and minimum physical activity. They put me in lingerie (which was perfect) for a week then put me upstairs in womens. I told my store manager after about a week up there I couldn't do the work that was required of me ( watching 3 plus areas by myself at night and cleaning about 20 fitting rooms). He told me to get a doc note, so I did. They still would not move me. One day in the middle of my shift I was having contractions at 5 months and had to be taken to the hospital where I spent the night. I came back to work 2 days later and explained to my store manager that because of my finacial issues I could not afford to take the week of bedrest that they wanted me to and asked if I could work in customer service for a week. he said no and asked me to leave his office. I asked him for Human resources number and he said there was no HR department and that he was the human resource dept. I will be looking into suing Dillard's. p.s this is not the first time this has happend at my store. Other people have told me similiar stories.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

memphislea in Memphis, Tennessee

66 months ago

Don't go to Dillard's Oak Court in Memphis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

madashell316 in Tampa Bay, Florida

66 months ago

Phoenix, Arizona....i know the feeling of being ticked off.... call the Buying/District Office that corresponds to the store you work for and speak to the District Manager OR call Corporate @ 5.0.1.3.7.6.5.2.o.o and ask for HR.....YOUR VOICE NEEDS TO BE HEARD!!!! Dont let these second-rate bullies bring you down!!! When all else fails, explore your legal options....it seems thats the ONLY WAY these fools will get a clue and/or the message....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

madashell316 in Tampa Bay, Florida

66 months ago

A friend of mine, who abandoned Dullards years ago found a place thats kinda like this one....only goes a bit further....the site's Dullards page where Bill Dillard II has a job approval rating of twelve % out of 1o2 votes & a Company Rating of a 2.2/5 based on 1 hundred forty 9 ratings, and Employess are Dissatisfied!!! NEED I SAY MORE!!! Store #201 in Tampa, had to redo their inventory because of RGIS screwing it up....awesome job Dullards!!! Mistakes are bound to happen when you cut corners and do things, in general & at the last minute, half done!!!! if you want the link, let me know so you can see for yourself...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

madashell316 in Tampa Bay, Florida

66 months ago

memphislea in Memphis, Tennessee said: William, you are patronizing and condescending. I was not asking for your help in my lawsuit.I don't need your help!! I just want to help people that have been royally screwed by Dilard's. You sound like an apple polisher that wants to impress Dillard's with your comments. You will want help someday........Good luck!

lea, you know i got your back EVEN though im in Florida and your in Tennessee....one day, OUR VOICES WILL BE HEARD and theres NOTHING Dullards can do to STOP IT!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

madashell316 in Tampa Bay, Florida

66 months ago

Jane in Bowling Green, Kentucky said: Dillards doesnt care whether the employee is dependable, professional and doing all the ridiculous
10 things they expect you to do PLUS meet their STUPID sales goals..They didnt even give me
a warning or 10 % paycut, which , is wrong wrong wrong!!!..TO THE DILLARDS FAMILY AND CARLOS GUERRA
AT DILLARDS IN BOWLING GREEN KY...SHAME ON YOU FOR LETTING A FINE, PROFESSIONAL HARD WORING EMPLOYEE
AS MYSELF ME GO. THIS COMPANY IS A HELLHOLE AND I WOULDNT RECOMMEND IT TO ANYON..I HAVE SEVERL RICH
FRIENDS WHO WILL BE BOYCOTTING DILLARDS BECAUSE THEY FIRED ME FOR NOPT MEETING THEIR GOALS..GEE, ARENT
WE HAVING A HORRIBLE EXOCOMY.. Surely Dillards must realize that Chick Fil A, steamboat Salvage,
some teenager store have left ..also Wendys and Sbarro is leaving the greenwood Mall..
My brother is an atty and he questioned whether docking employees 10% of their pay every 3 mo is legal..
he Dept of Labor should review this crazy company..It's unethical.The only thing Dillards cares about
is fattening the CEO's pockets..and letting the good employees go.
I BELIEVE WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND...IT IS ONLY THEIR LOSS.....

Jane, i know how you felt....i worked for 5 years with these poor excuses of a corporation as a Mens associate for 7 months....i was gonna get fired even before my first paycut before i was moved to the Dock where i was happy as hell for 4 years....NOW some peon decided that now dockpeople and janitors are to sell as well and i got forced out of my Dock job knowing DAMN WELL i havent sold A THING in 4 years....i struggled til the point that i was told by the new year i was gonna be let go....so i left them high and dry before Black Friday 2010 and have NEVER looked back....Karma WILL FIND its way back at Dullards & they will learn THE HARD WAY!!! As Mick Jagger said, Time Is On My Side....YES IT IS!!! Have faith and MOVE FORWARD cause another day @ Dullards is a step backwards jobwise!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

memphislea in Memphis, Tennessee

66 months ago

Please tell how to get to the site!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

memphislea in Memphis, Tennessee

66 months ago

Thanks for your apology, William!! Good luck and don't let the turkeys get you down........Keep us posted, please!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

madashell316 in Tampa Bay, Florida

66 months ago

memphislea in Memphis, Tennessee said: Please tell how to get to the site!!!!

i sent the link to your yahoo email lea....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

memphislea in Memphis, Tennessee

66 months ago

Thank you for this site info!!!!!! Dillard's is one big idiot!!!!!
All these bad reviews, and they just keep on acting like always!!
How do they survuve????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

stupidjob in Akron, Ohio

66 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Dillard's?

What do you like best about working at Dillard's? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

What is wrong with Dillard's? Let me count the ways. First of all, the things I have to deal with are total BS. For December, I sold enough of their crap to receive a $1,700.00 commission. It was about $40,000.00 worth of merchandise in one month. So what to my wondering eyes should appear in February? Oh, the wonderful review for January. In which it states that I had $5000.00 returns. Now I am $4,400. in deficit. And, I was informed that I need to get out of deficit in February. OK. Why do you think the returns were so high? They were Christmas presents that people brought back. What was I suppossed to do? Not sell them these items in the first place maybe? I can't force them not to return gifts, yet I am somehow according to Dillard's responsible for this. Plus, if I don't make up for this within 8 months I will be fired. These people are whacked in the head. I can't stand being there in the building anymore. Then to top of the happy new year, they have me sign a paper saying I didn't open one of their cards in December. However, I opened 3 in January. Will I sign a paper for this, or get anything for this, no. These people are negative, rude, uncaring mobsters. I can't stand them. They could care less about your personal life. You ask to be done at a certain time on certain days and it is completely ignored. My contempt for them grows at an alarming rate the longer I see how they operate. They are by far the worst company I have ever had the unfortunate experience of working for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shellac in Austin, Texas

66 months ago

stupidjob in Akron, Ohio said: What is wrong with Dillard's? Let me count the ways. First of all, the things I have to deal with are total BS. For December, I sold enough of their crap to receive a $1,700.00 commission. It was about $40,000.00 worth of merchandise in one month. So what to my wondering eyes should appear in February? Oh, the wonderful review for January. In which it states that I had $5000.00 returns. Now I am $4,400. in deficit. And, I was informed that I need to get out of deficit in February. OK. Why do you think the returns were so high? They were Christmas presents that people brought back. What was I suppossed to do? Not sell them these items in the first place maybe? I can't force them not to return gifts, yet I am somehow according to Dillard's responsible for this. Plus, if I don't make up for this within 8 months I will be fired. These people are whacked in the head. I can't stand being there in the building anymore. Then to top of the happy new year, they have me sign a paper saying I didn't open one of their cards in December. However, I opened 3 in January. Will I sign a paper for this, or get anything for this, no. These people are negative, rude, uncaring mobsters. I can't stand them. They could care less about your personal life. You ask to be done at a certain time on certain days and it is completely ignored. My contempt for them grows at an alarming rate the longer I see how they operate. They are by far the worst company I have ever had the unfortunate experience of working for.

Yes, another one of many, many wrong headed policies at Dillard's. Irrational, illogical rules and polices that force an almost constant turn-over in employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

thunt0331 in Madison, Wisconsin

66 months ago

What is it with Dillard's lately hiring people that look as though they came from jail or prison? Are they passing out applications at the McDonald's drive-through or I mean.. is Dillard's THAT DESPERATE to hire almost any walks of life? They just hired a new training class lately and these people with the exception of 2 maybe, wear clothing so tight it could pass for kids clothing, and weaves that look horrible that hang to their asses, and nails that are 3 inches in length. One girl is so lazy, I literally had to light a firecracker under her a** just to get to to move out of my way. I can't stand any of them. Another girl is a smarta** and Jesus Christ Dillard's.
When I first started in 2008, our class was professionally dressed and all. Dillard's went from hiring professionally dressed people and those who could carry on an intelligent conversation with you and talk in plain english, to slowly hiring people beginning 2010 people who looked as if their 2nd job is a street walker at night who tend to lower your IQ level after minutes of talking with them because it's like "you be wuring the juwurly, and aint u gunna luuuk guuuuuud tunite girllll!" followed by loud, obnoxious laughter.

I can't work with people like this. Soon enough I am going to start putting applications in for a better job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shellac in Austin, Texas

66 months ago

thunt0331 in Madison, Wisconsin said: What is it with Dillard's lately hiring people that look as though they came from jail or prison? Are they passing out applications at the McDonald's drive-through or I mean.. is Dillard's THAT DESPERATE to hire almost any walks of life? They just hired a new training class lately and these people with the exception of 2 maybe, wear clothing so tight it could pass for kids clothing, and weaves that look horrible that hang to their asses, and nails that are 3 inches in length. One girl is so lazy, I literally had to light a firecracker under her a** just to get to to move out of my way. I can't stand any of them. Another girl is a smarta** and Jesus Christ Dillard's.
When I first started in 2008, our class was professionally dressed and all. Dillard's went from hiring professionally dressed people and those who could carry on an intelligent conversation with you and talk in plain english, to slowly hiring people beginning 2010 people who looked as if their 2nd job is a street walker at night who tend to lower your IQ level after minutes of talking with them because it's like "you be wuring the juwurly, and aint u gunna luuuk guuuuuud tunite girllll!" followed by loud, obnoxious laughter.

I can't work with people like this. Soon enough I am going to start putting applications in for a better job.

LOL! You are a riot, Thunt0331. They are lucky to have you. You can do much better with your attitude and work ethic elsewhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

memphislea in Memphis, Tennessee

66 months ago

Dillard's will be closing down soon. They are the biggest joke and failure in the retail world. Get youself another job Thunt, cause you have not seen anything yet. I am actually embarrassed to tell people that I used to work there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

thunt0331 in Madison, Wisconsin

66 months ago

At 23, I should not be having mental breakdowns. This place is causing me to have mental breakdowns at night. It's like an abusive-relationship, I cannot find myself to leave Dillard's yet I want out. It's beginning to hurt my schooling too bc I don't have time to study like I need too. Dillard's consumes your life.

I can't find myself to quit, nobody around me is hiring right now, and yet I go back to Dillard's day in/out and hate myself and find myself more bitter and stressed. I am a very hard worker, and I can't find myself to do anything to get fired. It's not in my nature as this is my 2nd job and I've been here close to 3 years come May. Point proven. Most people my age have been working at multiple jobs already. Not me.

I am highly stressed, have trouble sleeping, crying spells a lot lately, suicidal thoughts a lot because I am that highly-stressed out, and I HATE going to Dillard's. But because nobody around me is hiring, I am forced to stay, yet I want out. They won't reduce my hours either. It's beginning to break me.....

I want to be fired, yet I am too much of a hard worker to do anything to get fired over. I sound like I am in an abusive-relationship, yet I am single. Dillard's is my abusive relationship and I want out, but too afraid to leave bc nobody else is hiring and I want a part-time job while going to school full time.

I am soon going to find myself having a full on mental breakdown and just collapsing and breaking down. Dillard's is horrible, I hate every second of it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

carolineliza in Pt St Lucie, Florida

66 months ago

I can totally relate to your pain. I have been trying without luck to find another job. Even with all the retail experience I have, I can not find anything else. And I am the same type, I can not knowingly do anything to get fired. Once I get to work, I do my utmost best, even though no one ever says "thanks." However, you are in a lot better place than me: you are young, you are going to school to prepare yourself for something better. Try to stay focused on that. Go to work and try to tune out all the garbage and do what you can and if they fire you, oh well. Then collect unemployment.
Just keep your eye on the big picture that you are preparing for something else. We have to remind ourselves that Dillard's is not worth our mental and physical health. I know it is difficult because it stresses me out too. But we have to try to put it in perspective.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LonghornsGuy in Austin, Texas

66 months ago

thunt0331 in Madison, Wisconsin said: At 23, I should not be having mental breakdowns. This place is causing me to have mental breakdowns at night. It's like an abusive-relationship, I cannot find myself to leave Dillard's yet I want out. It's beginning to hurt my schooling too bc I don't have time to study like I need too. Dillard's consumes your life.

I can't find myself to quit, nobody around me is hiring right now, and yet I go back to Dillard's day in/out and hate myself and find myself more bitter and stressed. I am a very hard worker, and I can't find myself to do anything to get fired. It's not in my nature as this is my 2nd job and I've been here close to 3 years come May. Point proven. Most people my age have been working at multiple jobs already. Not me.

I am highly stressed, have trouble sleeping, crying spells a lot lately, suicidal thoughts a lot because I am that highly-stressed out, and I HATE going to Dillard's. But because nobody around me is hiring, I am forced to stay, yet I want out. They won't reduce my hours either. It's beginning to break me.....

I want to be fired, yet I am too much of a hard worker to do anything to get fired over. I sound like I am in an abusive-relationship, yet I am single. Dillard's is my abusive relationship and I want out, but too afraid to leave bc nobody else is hiring and I want a part-time job while going to school full time.

I am soon going to find myself having a full on mental breakdown and just collapsing and breaking down. Dillard's is horrible, I hate every second of it.

The problem is if all the experience you have is in retail then you aren't going to find a job in retail making what you make at Dillard's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

glob605 in Geneva, Ohio

66 months ago

Don't do anything to end your life. Refocus yourself with working on being a winner. You can do it. Sometimes it take a while to make it in life. You are doing the right thing by going to school. I am a lot older than you and I attend college at night so I can get out. I focus on the positives in life. Don't be consumed. Take a couple of days off if you have to, but don't let Dillards get you down.

What bothers me is the two-faced people (employees) that work at Dillards. They pretend that they like you, but they stab you in your back every chance they can get. But that is okay because I didn't come there for people to like me. I came there to try and make a living.

God Bless you and you are in my prayers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

glob605 in Geneva, Ohio

66 months ago

My dear,some people have not had the opportunity to work in a professional environment. I've been working at Dillards with nothing but white folks who think they are superior. Either they are ignorant or just plain stupid for the stupid things they say. The only thing they are good for is causing trouble or getting all up in your business if you let them. I haven't found too many people working like Dillards that are professional. You are either stupid or ignorant to not give people a chance. I'd rather work with the long fingernail, wig-wearing women than to have white trash being two-faced.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

memphislea in Memphis, Tennessee

66 months ago

Darling THunt,
Please get out while you can!!!! I have a lawsuit against Dillards for violation of my civil rights, ageism, a hostile workplace environment, whistleblowers act, etc. I was like you because I had a coworker harrassing me and attacked me and shouted racial slurs at me. I complained but nothing was EVER done. They fired me for retaliation! I am very confidant in my suit that I will prevail. I too suffered mentally and had to take tranquilizers and sleeping pills. What city are you in? Make finding a job your main job. If you need to talk, let me know in your posting and I will send you my email address.. I really empathize with you! I would love to talk to you and give you some hope.
memphialea

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

glob605 in Geneva, Ohio

66 months ago

I reported to my supervisor that employees were talking about me to customers to prevent people from coming to me. This woman never responded to the email like all other times I have complained about how I am being singled out. The customers come right over and tell me what is being said because they like me and my services. I am taking a lot of their customers because all they do is stand behind the counters and wait for the customer to come to them. I am trying to decide what I should do. I know that in some way I will be taking action against them in the near future. To show myself friendly, last year I baked cakes for all of their birthdays - just to get kicked in the behind.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shellac in Austin, Texas

66 months ago

thunt0331 in Madison, Wisconsin said: At 23, I should not be having mental breakdowns. This place is causing me to have mental breakdowns at night. It's like an abusive-relationship, I cannot find myself to leave Dillard's yet I want out. It's beginning to hurt my schooling too bc I don't have time to study like I need too. Dillard's consumes your life.

I can't find myself to quit, nobody around me is hiring right now, and yet I go back to Dillard's day in/out and hate myself and find myself more bitter and stressed. I am a very hard worker, and I can't find myself to do anything to get fired. It's not in my nature as this is my 2nd job and I've been here close to 3 years come May. Point proven. Most people my age have been working at multiple jobs already. Not me.

I am highly stressed, have trouble sleeping, crying spells a lot lately, suicidal thoughts a lot because I am that highly-stressed out, and I HATE going to Dillard's. But because nobody around me is hiring, I am forced to stay, yet I want out. They won't reduce my hours either. It's beginning to break me.....

I want to be fired, yet I am too much of a hard worker to do anything to get fired over. I sound like I am in an abusive-relationship, yet I am single. Dillard's is my abusive relationship and I want out, but too afraid to leave bc nobody else is hiring and I want a part-time job while going to school full time.

I am soon going to find myself having a full on mental breakdown and just collapsing and breaking down. Dillard's is horrible, I hate every second of it.

Thunt, You must start calling out more often since they will not work with your school schedule as they claim to do. Diarrhea is always a good excuse considering the one store restroom is usually a hike from the floor. Tell them, you either stay home to be near the pot or deal with the 'Hersey highway' on the floor. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

memphislea in Memphis, Tennessee

66 months ago

Shellac, I have seen other comments from you that make sense. But, you are missing the point here. BUT! this person seems to be in serious distress and needs some wise counsel on what they cn do. I believe that she should quit before she has a total breakdown and cannot work! One call saying she has the "runs" is NOT going to solve her problem! She needs to talk to a lawyer and get the truth abour what she can do. Maybe she could quit and file unemployment and claim that Dillard's is a very hostile workplace. I was fired and got unemployment, but I know that you CAN get unemp. even if you quit if you have a good reason. The Unemployment office told me they hear horror stories about Dillards in a regular basis. The first visit with a lawyer should not cost her anything....The lawyer that took my lawsuit took it on a contingency basis because he believed so strongly in my case. If some of these disgruntled and beaten down employees would be pro-active and talk to somebody, Dillard's would not be getting away with treating their employees so badly! Do some research on the internet! If you do not have a computer, GO TO THE LIBRARY!!!! Computer use is free there! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SUFFER! You have alot of support out here!!! You are sweet to try and help this employee, Shellac. More people should support her and stop this incredible BS that is going on all over the country!
Good luck! If anyone needs any help, I will try to guide them thru the process! Good luck and remember what my favorite quote in the world is....."Never, never, never, never give up'! Winston Churchill

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

just a Dillards worm in Lincoln, Nebraska

66 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Dillard's?

What do you like best about working at Dillard's? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

They treat you terribly, I'm looking to get out. This corporation is truly evil.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Wits End in Reno, Nevada

65 months ago

I know that I have not been with the company as long as some of the people on here, but I would say that I was there long enough for Dillard's true colors to shine. I have never worked at a place like this before. I truly believe the company lives in it's own state of delusion. I could not believe the way that they b/s their way into making people believe that the company "cares" and how they "just want you to have fun". REALLY....I mean REALLY? Watching people that have been there since the doors opened...get fired like they are nothing. SPH urgh.......on top of people that were just plain rude, self absorbed....fake fake fake. If you are anyway normal, they don't take time out of the day to say "hi". I think the theme of the Dillard's I was at was that you have to have 3 brain cells, be blonde, have a fake tan, and carry a coach purse. If you did that you were good to go and management would "save" you if you were coming up for your review. If not, then you better pray like hell you get some customers!
~Sorry, I am just amazed by this company. After the training period, I sat down and thought long and hard about what I wanted to do. Stay or Quit. I quit. I hated going to work, I hated that it consumed my life. I hated how they crushed peoples lives without a care in the world. ~ I should have listened to the people that wrote in this forum along time ago and never even applied. But Dillard's lovely wage drew me in. But others that are reading this and thinking about applying...DON'T DO IT!! Just my warning...heed it or not. Just don't work for this company....DO YOURSELF THE FAVOR!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

memphislea in Memphis, Tennessee

65 months ago

You said it perfectly, Wit's End! They were the WORST emloyers I have ever had and I am 62 years old. they do not seem to understand how much pain and misery they cause their employees. I gotfired and am no longer there a little over a year ago. I do have a lawsuit against them for multiple charges, racial harrassment, age discrimination, being fired under the Whistleblower's act, working in a hostile environment, and more. What alot of people don't understand is they could read all these comments and still want to work there for the money and because of the awful unemployment situation. I had NOT read this forum before I took the job. Trying to describe this evil empire is sort of like trying to describe the taste of milk to someone or a rainbow to the blind.You just have to work there to understand! some people would take the job and think that as long as you don't make any wAves and are nice to co-workers, it will all work out. WRONG!!! Dillards has more back biting, back stabbing, politics, and incompetent managers, than I have ever heard or experienced in my life. My question is always WHY???????? Is the Dillard family that stupid, or just insane.........You are one of the lucky ones who got out before you lost your physical and emotional health. Hope you are happier now!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Whatdoesittake in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

65 months ago

Is it just me or are all the Managers scared to be nice to the employees? I mean at some time they had to be one of us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

memphislea in Memphis, Tennessee

65 months ago

This is a No-brainer!! Upper management puts so much pressure on them, they have to act tough!! Even some decent managers are intimidated by higher people. They are selling their soul to the devil for a paycheck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   22  23  24  25  26  27  28  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.