How to get a job at Dillard's.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (28)

Host

Do you work at Dillard's? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Stacy Norman in Rockwall, Texas

109 months ago

Hello, my name is Stacy, I am trying to find a job doing Apparel. I hope that if ur reading this, You would get me a job at dillards, part-time, because i am still in school, a senior, at high school. Thankyou for your time and I hope to see you soon, thankyou.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

ronnie hinton in Chesapeake, Virginia

108 months ago

old school,lokking for a new job retaired early from area school systemed looking for warehouse/inventory work.hard working male ready to work,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

audrey1 in Austin, Texas

108 months ago

Stacy Norman said: Hello, my name is Stacy, I am trying to find a job doing Apparel. I hope that if ur reading this, You would get me a job at dillards, part-time, because i am still in school, a senior, at high school. Thankyou for your time and I hope to see you soon, thankyou.

Stacy,
Although you may have some luck in getting someone to respond to your post, you'll most likely get a much better response if you apply to the job directly. Try doing a job title search on Indeed and then click on the jobs that interest you the most. You'll be redirected to the website the job position is originally posted on and there you will find instructions on how to apply.

Here is a search I did for you
www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Dillard&l=rockwall+tx&sort=relevance&sp=1
Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

audrey1 in Austin, Texas

108 months ago

ronnie hinton said: old school,lokking for a new job retaired early from area school systemed looking for warehouse/inventory work.hard working male ready to work,

Ronnie,
This forum is not a job application. You'll most likely get a much better response if you apply to the job directly. Just click on the Job Title that most interests you and you will be redirected to the place you can apply.
Here is a job search I did for you.

www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Dillard%27s&l=Chesapeake+VA&sort=relevance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

amber wadsworth in Boise, Idaho

108 months ago

i am a high school student looking for a great first time job. i realy would like to work people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Stacie Lawrence in Dallas, Texas

107 months ago

I'am a very hight ,enthusuastic and dependable individual who excels in challenging and competitive environments.
Experience on retail sales ,costumer service.Committed to providing an atmosphere of exceptional employee morale and impeccable customer service. Hopping, I can enjoy the Dillard's family. I can work in any Departments. "Wish me luck"

Do you work at Dillard's? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview? Help me, stacie

Randy

106 months ago

You do not want to work for Dillard dept stores.The ops manager especially the one at Waco store are not to be trusted and the biggest jerk around.The asm sit on their butts and eat all day and do nothing.So beware do not apply at Dillard dept stores.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Deandra in Bedford, Texas

106 months ago

Getting a job at Dillard's is easy. Working there isn't bad if you don't mind cleaning up messy fitting rooms. The worst part about working at Dillard's is the health benefits. Unless your a manager, you will not be able to afford it. Also, you have a "sales per hour" to maintain. And if you don't make it, you get a pay decrease and if you make it you stay the same, and if you reach the goal X you can get a raise. But its nearly impossible and you get reviewed every 6 mos. Its crappy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Steve Dunly in Parrish, Florida

106 months ago

My name is Steve and I realy want to work at Dilards. My older freind works their and they said it is realy a alwsome place to get employyed. Any idas on how I can get my foot throgh the door for an enterveiw? Thanks man!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Kay in Louisville, Colorado

106 months ago

Doesn't anyone get it that these forums are asking for experiences from people who have worked at the company, not the company asking for applicants?

Go to the Dillards store to their personnel department and fill out an application!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Eli

106 months ago

The first thing to do is spell check any electronic or paper you send them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Diana in Englewood, Colorado

105 months ago

You are absolutely right! I worked there and didn't make my quota and decreased my hourly wage. I promtly quit. I told my manager I couldn't force shoppers to buy so I would get a raise. I worked with a sales girl where we would take turn ringing sales. I had never worked at a job to where they would lower my wage! Really weird.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DAVID GOODE in Houston, Texas

105 months ago

I`M APPLIRED AT DILLARD`S TO USE MY EXPERIENCE IN RETAIL SALES TO BETTER MYSELF, TO USE EXENSIVE RETAIL SALES TRAINING & MANAGEMENT EXTERIENCE IN AN UPSCALE ENVIRONMENT, LEADING TO A MANAGEMENT POSIION

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Henryetta, Oklahoma

105 months ago

Randy said: You do not want to work for Dillard dept stores.The ops manager especially the one at Waco store are not to be trusted and the biggest jerk around.The asm sit on their butts and eat all day and do nothing.So beware do not apply at Dillard dept stores.

Don't lash out at asm's who had nothing to do with your
dismissal. that was your own fault. and be for real, not one of them has time to sit and eat all day.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

jacquepeterson in Katy, Texas

92 months ago

RUN THE OTHER WAY - WORKING AT DILLARD'S IS ONE OF THE WORST EXPERIENCES YOU WILL EVER HAVE.

I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO TO FEED YOURSELF - FIND EMPLOYMENT SOMEWHERE ELSE - DOING ANYTHING ELSE - DILLARD'S IS NOT WHERE YOU WANT TO BE.

I HAVE NEVER WORKED ANYWHERE THAT TREATED IT'S EMPLOYEES AS BADLY AS DILLARD'S TREATS THEIR SALESPEOPLE. TRUST ME, I'VE WORKED FOR SOME REAL STINKERS. NONE COMPARED TO THE HORRIFYING WAY I HAVE SEEN EMPLOYEES TREATED AT DILLARDS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

steph weeks in Georgia

83 months ago

aw in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Before writing a post like that, I would make sure to double check YOUR spelling and GRAMMAR.

FUNNY!!! I was going to write the exact same thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

antoniomelani in upsidedown world

83 months ago

Round after round of silent layoffs for Dept ASMs.

Pay cuts for most hourly employees.

Consolidation of positions and duties for the upper portion of middle management (coordinators and visual dms - real fat of the land types)

After all this, I'm surprised that there is enough will power left to unlock the doors @ 10:00.

Working at the Dillard's plantation is not very fun, regardless of your position. Forgive me for being blunt, but we are all treated like crap.

I'd like to encourage everyone to tell a friend at work about the forum here at indeed.com. Share your stories. Shine a light on the hostile work environment at your store.

If they've cut your pay, tell us about it.
If they eliminated your position, tell us about it.
If you're tired of being a part of the traveling thug/manager act, tell us about it.
If you've moved on and have advice for others, please share your stories.

The Dillard's are watching. Barrington Investments is being kept abreast. The truth sets us free.

Just a few rules:

- real stories, not real names (it's a bad time to get fired ya know)
- don't enter your zip code when you sign up
- speak up and tell your Dillard's story

They can't arbitrate all of us!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cruiseman in Savannah, Georgia

83 months ago

I cannot believe how ignorantv most of the posters on this blog are. Not only does your spelling indicate that you have wasted whatever little education you have, but your thought processes indicate that this country will be in more trouble based on the stupidity and ignorance of its population. Go clean a house or rob a bank if you need money, the last place you belong is where you have to deal with the public, even if the public is as stupid and uneducated as you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

steph weeks in Georgia

83 months ago

Cruiseman in Savannah, Georgia said: I cannot believe how ignorantv most of the posters on this blog are. Not only does your spelling indicate that you have wasted whatever little education you have, but your thought processes indicate that this country will be in more trouble based on the stupidity and ignorance of its population. Go clean a house or rob a bank if you need money, the last place you belong is where you have to deal with the public, even if the public is as stupid and uneducated as you.

I think that this is a place for people to vent. It's not quite fair to judge. You must be a manager for Dillard's

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

steph weeks in Georgia

83 months ago

Cruiseman in Savannah, Georgia said: I cannot believe how ignorantv most of the posters on this blog are. Not only does your spelling indicate that you have wasted whatever little education you have, but your thought processes indicate that this country will be in more trouble based on the stupidity and ignorance of its population. Go clean a house or rob a bank if you need money, the last place you belong is where you have to deal with the public, even if the public is as stupid and uneducated as you.

Please, mr./mrs. cruiseman, tell us about your wonderful positive experience @ Dillard's in Savannah. Share.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

steph weeks in Georgia

83 months ago

Spelling: "ignorantly" not "ignorantv and don't end a sentence in a verb. "People in glass houses..." Sometimes when you are thinking when you are typing you just flow. Don't be so critical of such things.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

donnocanetti in Shalimar, Florida

79 months ago

Dillards is a good temporary job thats about it. I worked for them from 06 to 08 and got laid off because I did not make their quota. I found out later alot of people get let go because of the sales per hour regimen. True facts!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Oh, more news , my store manger who give me the walk to the door, got let go on August 7th for an accumulation of misdeeds. Goes around comes around. Just saying!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Correction: should be--- gave-- not give, so soorry, but she got her just desserts served up cold, and to think I wrote a letter about her misdeeds. I feel good the way that I should , i feel good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

carolineliza in Pt St Lucie, Florida

79 months ago

How is the CAD system working for you in your stores? Are all the employees using the system. What do you think about it?

78 months ago

Caroline Liza in Pt St Lucie, Florida said: How is the CAD system working for you in your stores? Are all the employees using the system. What do you think about it?

I used that cad system and it was a poorly run effort. Our supervisor did not know much about it when I was there. Of course I have been gone since 10-12-08. Cest L'Vie. I am now employed with a major auto supply company and much happier than old Dil. I don't lose pay, thats the best thing, and actually make commission and bonuses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

concerned in Union Springs, Alabama

78 months ago

Steve Dunly in Parrish, Florida said: My name is Steve and I realy want to work at Dilards. My older freind works their and they said it is realy a alwsome place to get employyed. Any idas on how I can get my foot throgh the door for an enterveiw? Thanks man!

proof- read your application for missed spell words and correct grammar before post anything on an application and espeically the internet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.