What's the company culture at Direct Capital?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Direct Capital?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Direct Capital?

Reply - Report abuse

Katie in Bedford, Massachusetts

81 months ago

I have worked at Direct Capital for a long time. I love this company!!! There is so much to learn and its challenging. what more can you ask for? I am recognized and rewarded for my achievments and counceled on ways to improve. LOVE DCC!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

new day 44 in Nashua, New Hampshire

81 months ago

Barry in Bedford, Massachusetts said: So three companies that you have references refused to call you back. i think I see the problem!

I work in recruiting and it is becoming more and more common for companies not to call you back if they are not interested. The HR department is probably understaffed. I know it's hard to understand, it even happens to me and I have pretty good relationships with a great many of the decision makers. It's one of those things that are a result of the information error. You post a job and you get 100 resumes, half don't even qualify! Who has time to call them all and say no thanks.

So much for courtesy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

No Response in Manchester, New Hampshire

81 months ago

Katie in Bedford, Massachusetts said: I have worked at Direct Capital for a long time. I love this company!!! There is so much to learn and its challenging. what more can you ask for? I am recognized and rewarded for my achievments and counceled on ways to improve. LOVE DCC!

Question for you... if you "love it" so much and are "rewarded" then why are you on Indeed.com looking for a job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

new day 44 in Nashua, New Hampshire

81 months ago

GOOD QUESTION!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

No Response in Manchester, New Hampshire

81 months ago

Katie in Bedford, Massachusetts said: I have worked at Direct Capital for a long time. I love this company!!! There is so much to learn and its challenging. what more can you ask for? I am recognized and rewarded for my achievments and counceled on ways to improve. LOVE DCC!

Oh ya, one last thing. You say there is so much to learn, next time have them teach you how to spell... Counseled not counceled.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Bridgette in Littleton, Colorado

81 months ago

I accepted a job and quickly realized I was working for a micromanaging control freak. I tried to make it work but I did NOT like the manager. He would hover over me every day spoon feeding me information. I am not the type that likes to be micromanaged and can figure things out on my own. I told him I needed a little more "room" and the NEXT DAY, HE FIRED me. (I was there only two weeks.)

His reason was that I "forgot" about a conference call for training but there was another identical conference coming up the next week. I DID forget (whoops), but it was the ONLY thing I "forgot" about. Other than that, I was almost overqualified for the job. The job was a permanent "real job" but they paid through Administaff. Whenever I've applied to other jobs thru Administaff I never hear from them. Have they blacklisted me??

Funny how employers don't seem to care WHY you were fired -- just the fact that you were --

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

New Day in Portsmouth, New Hampshire

81 months ago

I wouldn't put that on a resume, it was only for two weeks. I think you can just leave it off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Alicia in Nashua, New Hampshire

81 months ago

First of all if you are being paid through a temp agency than you are not a permanent employee. I dont' care what they tell you.

Second, being let go even it's from an unreasonable employer is a definate black mark on your record at an agency.

Third, if this place has any brains at all they will understand what happened because its happened before and it will happen again.

If they don't use you because of this you are probably better off anyway. Just wait a while. The recruiters will change (the industry has a very high turnover rate for that positions) and you can weasle your way back in there.

My suggestion. Find a job on your own, forget the agencies. If you are a good worker, you'll do find and you don't need them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

i work at DCC in Salem, New Hampshire

81 months ago

There aren't any employees there named Barry or Katie!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

new day in Nashua, New Hampshire

81 months ago

I don't understand. You said you were applying for other jobs through Administaff. If it is simply a payroll company then it would only be involved once you were hired. I think it is more likely an HR Services type company which likely means they are also involved with the hiring decisions as well. I would think this would mean that you are indeed black listed as you call it. If you were working at AT&T and were fired, would they hire you back? NO.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

You know who in Bedford, Massachusetts

81 months ago

Direct Capital is an awesome company to work for. I have been here several years and have been treated well. It all comes down to culture and doing your job. If you don't fit in, at least you are moved along quickly. You need to work to make it here, not let others carry you. Most that leave, leave on thier own and it is usualy because they found the job is not for them. We have a call center and in most call centers you have a high turn over.

It is too bad that some of you listed to all the bad postings, but then when someone says something good about the company, it must be a conspiracy.

I have worked many companies and love it here. And before you say it, I am not here becuase I am looking for a job, but it happened to pop up on a google search.

So take this for what you may, it is a good company and if you are not afraid of work, you will have a long well rewarded career here!

How many comanies send flowers to people at home that have lost a loved one? How many companies give you 80 hours of time if you lose a loved one? They care about you and your family!

PS, we DO have a Barry and Kate, so "I work at DCC" check the employee listing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jamie in Bedford, Massachusetts

81 months ago

To answer Host, Mon to Wed everyone is suited up, Thurs and Fri are business casual. They have a jeans day once per month for $2, and it goes to charity.

Many go out to a local bar or club on Thursday's after work. It is a growning company, but like family. It is like a "Start-up" that is making money!

I left due to loosing my license and could no longer do commute. I did enjoy working there and hated to leave.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bridgette in Littleton, Colorado

81 months ago

Sorry, I misspoke. The companies usually ASK ADMINISTAFF to "keep" employees under their HR, but the person works for the actual company, not Administaff. They do, however, also act as an agency, though that's not their primary thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Nd good-bad-ugly before apply in Denver, Colorado

80 months ago

Bridgette in Littleton, Colorado said: Sorry, I misspoke. The companies usually ASK ADMINISTAFF to "keep" employees under their HR, but the person works for the actual company, not Administaff. They do, however, also act as an agency, though that's not their primary thing.

Administaff is just the HR dept for many companies. However, BEWARE! If you ever have an 'issue' with your employer and you need to talk to Administaff to try to get things resolved, you will find yourself ALONE! They do not back up the employee, don't even try. They make their money by having employers use them for HR needs vs. having an internal HR Dept. So they are not going to bite the hand that feeds them.

newday44 in Portsmouth, New Hampshire

80 months ago

Administaff calls this a co-employment arrangement. There is no such thing as far as the government is concerned. Administaff is the employer of record. One of the things they highly market is that they will manage your employee liability issues. Basically this means if there is an issue they will take responsibility for it. And they are required to since they are the employer of record.

As you so aptly noted, they will not bite the hand that feeds them. If there is an issue, the employee is the one to go. End of story.

Nd good-bad-ugly before apply in Denver, Colorado

80 months ago

newday44 in Portsmouth, New Hampshire said: Administaff calls this a co-employment arrangement. There is no such thing as far as the government is concerned. Administaff is the employer of record. One of the things they highly market is that they will manage your employee liability issues. Basically this means if there is an issue they will take responsibility for it. And they are required to since they are the employer of record.

As you so aptly noted, they will not bite the hand that feeds them. If there is an issue, the employee is the one to go. End of story.

You sound very well versed in Administaff.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

newday44 in Portsmouth, New Hampshire

80 months ago

I was curious so I went and read about them and what services they offer. My profession is HR Recruiting so it's good to know who the players are out there and what they offer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Not Advocate of Administaff Ex-Corporate in Houston, Texas

79 months ago

The HR DEPARTMENT in ADMINISTAFF is PRO-MANAGER ONLY!!! Just remember that while you are working there! They do not protect the employee.

If a Manager has something against you, you are in trouble.
You might as well start looking for a new job because HR is already working with that manager on a plan on how to set you up. Looks can be deceiving.

The confidential surveys are not confidential. Truthful exit interview paper work is discarded. There is a "do not hire" blacklist. Important e-mails seem to disappear. Alot of NEPOTISM in this work place. Before you befriend anyone here, wait and learn from other people what managers they are related to. You'll be surprised to learn who is related to who here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Not Advocate of Administaff Ex-Corporate in Houston, Texas

79 months ago

New Day in Portsmouth, New Hampshire said: I don't believe that Katie works there and has been there for some time. I think Katie is a member of management. Can you explain to me Katie why there is such a high turnover. Why one minute someone is there and the next moment they are not in their cubicle and no one knows why. Can you explain to me why the company would think this was a good way of doing business. And last but not least can you explain why the want ads have a position nearly every week with positions for Direct Capital. I've been recruiting for a very long time, let us just say I have talked with people who have worked there numerous times. These people went on to be great workers elsewhere. Why on earth they were not developed into talented members of your organization I cannot guess. Your management people need to take some classes on organizational management, on leadership and team development.

I agree!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

New Employee in Portsmouth, New Hampshire

17 months ago

Culture is professional, and communication seems to flow throughout departments as teamwork and collaboration are encouraged.

The dress code is business casual, and jeans are typically allowed on Friday if you donate a few dollars to a local charity.

Everyone has a job at Direct Capital and everyone seems focused on their tasks. While the mood is light in my department, work gets done.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.