Background check?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

brittnm1701 in Virginia

57 months ago

I've recently been interviewed for a job at Dollar General. I got the job pending the background check. I don't have a criminal record so I'm not worried about that. The problem is that I wasn't completely honest about my work history. I didn't mention my last job which I got fired from. I was with them less than ninety days. Would a background check mention that?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

wjmayo@bellsouth .net in Effingham, South Carolina

48 months ago

I failed a background check but I an in the process of getting it cleared off of my record can I reapply after this is taken care of

Reply - Report abuse

Dontbelieveit in Crazyhorse, Indiana

48 months ago

It's all one-sided. You don't find out what the last person was like or why they left, or what the boss is like.

Reply - Report abuse

sarahmartin in Columbus, Nebraska

42 months ago

brittnm1701 in Virginia said: I've recently been interviewed for a job at Dollar General . I got the job pending the background check. I don't have a criminal record so I'm not worried about that. The problem is that I wasn't completely honest about my work history. I didn't mention my last job which I got fired from. I was with them less than ninety days. Would a background check mention that?

I need to know the answer too!

Reply - Report abuse

terrika in Ardmore, Oklahoma

3 months ago

brittnm1701 in Virginia said: I've recently been interviewed for a job at Dollar General . I got the job pending the background check. I don't have a criminal record so I'm not worried about that. The problem is that I wasn't completely honest about my work history. I didn't mention my last job which I got fired from. I was with them less than ninety days. Would a background check mention that?

I need to know this too

Reply - Report abuse

hypnotoad99 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

2 months ago

Contrary to popular opinion, a company can legally say you were fired and what you were fired for. Fortunately, they usually will only say position, dates of employment and pay rate because any wrong word on their part may make them liable for defamation. So there's nothing in it for them to say anything beyond the things mentioned above.

The background check that they pay a service for, especially for a company like Dollar General, consists primarily of a search for felonies. The more detail they search for (credit, driving records, places of employment, etc) the more money it costs them to do so. With 13,000+ locations, that's a huge cost so they tend to just do arrest records. I can tell you definitively that FAMILY Dollar only did criminal background searches 5 years ago and previous (not positive about now but I imagine costs are even more restrictive now).

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.