Dollar General Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 106 of 106)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

Runnnn. in Palestine, Texas

18 months ago

Oh and on top of all of this. I was perusing this website and happened across a TWO DAY OLD post for Dollar General. Looking for an LSA and Asst Manager for MY store. The icing on the cake really. Because this manager for whatever reason, thinks I can't do the job, or simply doesn't like me, my work and time put into this company is dust in the wind. Working 60+ hr weeks for nearly a month with no days off. For 8.25 an hr with all the responsibilities of a store manager and dirt-cheap pay, only to find out I'm already in the process of being replaced.

Like someone said long ago. Run, don't walk from this corrupt, dirty, liar of a company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

the great milenko in Metairie, Louisiana

12 months ago

I'm a store manager starting pay for me was $35,000 plus quarterly and yearly bonus. It is hard to get good employees. I start mine out at $8.40 to try and attract them to stay. Its pretty much go in clean house and build your crew from ground up. After doing that it has made it a lot easier. Its easy to get job here but attracting the top of the line will never happen. Its retail look at Walmart and everywhere else no brain surgeons at any of them. Retail takes what can get.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Working Man in Farmington, Michigan

10 months ago

I've been looking for a job recently after moving and this has been an interesting thread to read, to say the least! My last job was in a unionized store and we enjoyed good pay (great pay compared to what I'm reading here), reasonable hours, good benefits, even for the part-timers, and job security. Sounds to me like DG workers could really use a union to help them out. If you live in Michigan I would be glad to give you the contact info for my old union.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mrroboto in Montoursville, Pennsylvania

10 months ago

sometimes i eat chips in bed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Deevyl in Inverness, Florida

9 months ago

I was hired in January 2014 at $8/hr. averaging about 15 hours/week. The store manager trained me, and the assistant manager constantly criticized me. If I did things the way the assistant manager wanted, the manager criticized me. I could not win no matter how hard I tried.

On my 8th day I was manning the only open register during a rush of customers. I worked as quickly & efficiently as possible to keep the line moving & to keep the customers happy. Both managers were on duty gossiping in the office & watching me on the monitor. I asked for help at one point, and the assistant manager gave me an attitude, rang up 2 customers and retreated back to the office.

Three hours into my shift, the assistant manager told me I was being "let go" for the following reasons:

1. I was not pushing the customers hard enough to buy 50¢ bags of chips... The store who sold the most of these bags of chips won $500 to split between employees. I politely offered the sale to each customer, but very few were interested. She falsely accused me of not mentioning the chips to the customers, and then accused me of being too flippant about the way I mentioned them to the customers. (Did I mention them or didn't I?) Her impression of my sales pitch was very different than my actual attitude and words.

2. I was incapable of being in two places at the same time... My job was to ring up customers & stock/straighten merchandise. I could not leave my register due to the high volume of customers checking out, therefore I could not tidy the shelves. I was expected to perform both jobs at the same time on two different ends of the store with no help. That night I averaged 90 seconds per customer. According to the chart in the office I was the fastest cashier that night.

Honestly I did the best I could. The reasons she gave me & their explanations were petty & made no sense. Maybe other stores are better, but I'd never recommend the store I worked at to ANYONE seeking employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

mplummer in Wilmington, Delaware

5 months ago

MY DAUGHTER WORKS AT DOLLAR GENERAL OUT HERE IN BEAR, AND I HEARD THEY ARE VERY SNEAKY, AND SLICK AND THERE ARE ALOT OF DISCRIMINATION GOING ON THERE, AND HER MANAGER DID NOT GIVE HER WORK FOR 2 WEEKS STRAIGHT. THAT IS ILEGAL !.. I THINK SHE NEED TO REPORT THIS TO THE LABOR DEPARTMENT ! HE HAS HIS FAVORITES AND HE DONT CARE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.