GIS Background Check

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

MegLef in Evansville, Indiana

17 months ago

How long does it normally take? Do they ever hire felons? I know they used to but that was years ago. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Phyllis in Independence, Kansas

16 months ago

MegLef in Evansville, Indiana said: How long does it normally take? Do they ever hire felons? I know they used to but that was years ago. Thanks

As a one time DG manager NO they don't hire felons.This is as of 2013

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Phyllis in Independence, Kansas

16 months ago

No I was employed with then until the end of 2013 and No as a manager we did not hire felons.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nellgurylk16 in Georgia

14 months ago

what about driving offenses misdemeanors?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

aleciahy

14 months ago

I don't understand how they can just blanketly disqualify all felons as potential employees. That is against the constitution, it is completely discriminatory. Besides being completely idiotic on the part of DG. There are millions of people who have made mistakes in their past, paid their debt to society, and moved forward with their lives and become productive members of society. I am a very hard worker, I am honest and reliable and have years of management experience. But because I made a mistake 8 years ago many places won't even consider me for a job. I understand many company's reluctance, and I'm not saying that caution isn't warranted. But to just completely dismiss a segment of the population without assessing each situation on an individual basis is discrimination and should be stopped.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Idiotsauce

8 months ago

aleciahy said: I don't understand how they can just blanketly disqualify all felons as potential employees. That is against the constitution, it is completely discriminatory. Besides being completely idiotic on the part of DG. There are millions of people who have made mistakes in their past, paid their debt to society, and moved forward with their lives and become productive members of society. I am a very hard worker, I am honest and reliable and have years of management experience. But because I made a mistake 8 years ago many places won't even consider me for a job. I understand many company's reluctance, and I'm not saying that caution isn't warranted. But to just completely dismiss a segment of the population without assessing each situation on an individual basis is discrimination and should be stopped.

Quit being a little baby you made a mistake now live with it if millions of people dont have a felony then you could have to its your fault your in this situation and dollar general is in my opinion doing what every business should do completly ban you people learn to function in society and by getting a felony that is your punishment

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

SamTheSasquatch in Columbus, Georgia

7 months ago

Idiotsauce said: Quit being a little baby you made a mistake now live with it if millions of people dont have a felony then you could have to its your fault your in this situation and dollar general is in my opinion doing what every business should do completly ban you people learn to function in society and by getting a felony that is your punishment

How about you quit being a complete jerk? Yes it is their fault that they got into those situations, but they have paid their debts through time serving incarcerated, probation,and community service. Anyone can change, some people don't mature fully until their much much older. Obviously they have matured up enough to pursue a job. People make mistakes and take stupid paths all the time, that doesn't mean they should be completely denied a job for the rest of their life. How the hell are these kind of people SUPPOSED to turn into a productive member of society if they are denied over a one time felony? Do you want these people to STAY that way for the rest of their lives then give up going back on the wrong path to end up taking up space in prison once again? More tax dollars down the drain. People WON'T learn if they can't pursue a positive path,and getting a job is one of the first steps into walking on that path.
Apologies for the off topic post OP but it needed to be said.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

xmanni01 in Richardson, Texas

6 months ago

Phyllis in Independence, Kansas said: As a one time DG manager NO they don't hire felons.This is as of 2013

Will they hire someone who was arrested for a felony, but does not have a conviction? They are on probation / deferred adjudication.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Eire Bloodrinker

5 months ago

Idiotsauce said: Quit being a little baby you made a mistake now live with it if millions of people dont have a felony then you could have to its your fault your in this situation and dollar general is in my opinion doing what every business should do completly ban you people learn to function in society and by getting a felony that is your punishment

Listen here you fool bad things happen to good people all the time and innocent people as well as guilty are locked up and accused of crimes they did not commit EVERY DAY! And the assumption that you are innocent until proven guilty is a falsehood. Its in fact quite the opposite. There is a presumption of guilt as soon as an arrest as made and most times there's no coming back from that. So for you to suggest a banning on those with felony records well I say that's the most asinine thing I've heard in a long time. How about we also also ban moronic ignorant ass clowns who sit on their fat high horse judging others and deciding their fates without even knowing what's what. Let those without sin cast the first stone. Besides the innocents in jails there's also people who just effed up. Maybe they had a drug problem that they overcame or made a terrible mistake that they regret every single day afterwards. Have you ever done anything you regret? I'm sure somewhere down the line someone gave you a second chance. People eff up. Its the human condition. We are not infallible and no one is perfect. Get over yourself if you think all cons are people who can't function in society. From the sound of it you don't function very well in society either you lame brain loser. More people then ever before have had run ins with the law and if you block off a whole group of people for having done something stupid once in their life then you'd be a damn fool who's perfect society sounds more like something out of a dystopian nightmare. Its not how you fall, its how you pick yourself up. Eat it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

kay in Texas

4 months ago

Does dollar general hire people who has theft on there background?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

kay in Texas

4 months ago

Phyllis in Independence, Kansas said: No I was employed with then until the end of 2013 and No as a manager we did not hire felons.

Do dollar general hire people who has theft on there background

davisglen in Fort Worth, Texas

4 months ago

Phyllis in Independence, Kansas said: No I was employed with then until the end of 2013 and No as a manager we did not hire felons.

is that the policy? did your District manager say don't hire felons?

davisglen in Fort Worth, Texas

4 months ago

talk to your EEOC rep in your state. they cannot deny your employment because of a felony unless it is theft, embezzling or something that would make you a risky hire. It only last about 7 years for it to not be a problem. I am sick of people acting like felons are all bad. Mistakes are made in life, It is true that most people won't hire you or will be stupid and talk to you like that guy just did. The truth is that they may be missing out on a really good worker because they thin they are better than you are. And black men generally get arrested and charged with felonies than white men. It makes this bleed into the civil rights. You do not lose them just because of your past. Prisons are big business. they would rather you steal and go back to jail.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

We the people in Grand Island, Nebraska

3 months ago

What is wrong with you? A man needs to eat. Ho ok so then everyone with a felony should be homeless. Or maybe just go and rob your house. Why not they can't get a job. In Nebraska employers can see that felony from 25 years ago. When you were just a kid stealing a candy bar. Sorry we can't hire you now go be homeless. lol The law needs to be changed. Employers should not be able to go back more than 7 years on a criminal background check. That's my two cents.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Not idiotsauce in Oregon

1 month ago

I hope one of the people you feel should be banned so they can't get any jobs target you for their crimes. They will need to do something if they are not allowed to work and from your comment I can think of a better person to make a victim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.