NEED INFORMATION ON STORE MANAGER

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 69)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

retailGIRL

88 months ago

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT IS THE WAGES FOR STORE MANAGER. AND SMC , I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE GOOD AND THE BAD

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (172) / No (46) Reply - Report abuse

Jake_EE in .

80 months ago

jones said: where do u live

Cleveland

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

lauanhof in Freeman, South Dakota

79 months ago

As for store manager salary...I was making $500 a week working nothing less than 70 hours a week. There was even a month when I managed two stores and still only received $500 for the week. As for the sales associates here, they start out at $6.50

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

leepat in Montrose, Colorado

78 months ago

lauanhof in Freeman, South Dakota said: As for store manager salary...I was making $500 a week working nothing less than 70 hours a week. There was even a month when I managed two stores and still only received $500 for the week. As for the sales associates here, they start out at $6.50

I started as SM at 29,000. After 13 months I got a 2.5% raise which averages to under 20 cents an hour working 60-70 hours a week!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Katrina James in Lee's Summit, Missouri

77 months ago

I agree with all the comments above! This is by far the worst placed to be employed at. I applied at this job for a small part time position that would go with my school schedule, however, the store manager does not get the fact that your not trying to make this a life time career, when I asked for only 15 hours a week, he still put me at 30-35, clearly, store managers do not know how to count! and District Managers are the dumbest human beings walking around! The store itself is not a horrible place to work, however, the assistant managers, and store managers think they are the almighty God!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Now to top things off, about 3 weeks ago, I went into Dollar General in Freeman, SD. Between my girlfriend and myself we spent $350 and about a week later, I went back to the store, with my original receipt to return 2 twin size Disney comforters, as my kids had found different patterns that they prefered. The new store manager didn't even look at my receipt, just flat out refused to allow me to return the items. She even called the DM and he agreed that I wasn't allowed to make excessive returns. When I went to managers training I don't recall that being taught to us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Katrina James in Lee's Summit, Missouri

77 months ago

lauanhof in Freeman, South Dakota said: Now to top things off, about 3 weeks ago, I went into Dollar General in Freeman, SD. Between my girlfriend and myself we spent $350 and about a week later, I went back to the store, with my original receipt to return 2 twin size Disney comforters, as my kids had found different patterns that they prefered. The new store manager didn't even look at my receipt, just flat out refused to allow me to return the items. She even called the DM and he agreed that I wasn't allowed to make excessive returns. When I went to managers training I don't recall that being taught to us.

THEY WERE WRONG FOR DOING THAT TO YOU, I WAS A MANAGER THERE, THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO LOOK AT YOUR RECEIPT AND GIVE YOU A REFUND OR EXCHANGE. DOLLAR GENERAL IS CORRUPT. STAY AWAY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

DODEE in Yankton, South Dakota

74 months ago

HAVE YOU BEEN GIVEN ANY TRAINING FOR THE 3RD KEY. IF ANY, HOW MUCH HAVING A HARD TIME WITH TRYING TO GET TRAINING OR INSTRUCTIONS FOR KEYHOLDER POSITION.

AFRAID THAT DM WILL NOT BE MUCH HELP

ANY SUGGESTIONS OR AM I BEING IMPATIENT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

sarge00186@yahoo.com in Waterville, Ohio

67 months ago

Can anyone tell me about the store in Jackson, MI.? Not sure which one it is since it appears there are quite a few.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

jericlemmons in Panama City, Florida

66 months ago

viola in Corpus Christi, Texas said: In Texas Dollar starts you off at $6.00 an hour. I'm still waiting for reply on me being falsely fired. I worked there for 13 months. I'm 54 and I think that was the reason.

I can relate to you because I am SOOOO qualified to be the manager of one of their stores and I have applied for EVERY opening for manager that has been posted!!!! They WILL NOT even give me the common respect to reply!!!
I am 55 years old---------Could that be the reason????????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

I have applied for EVERY manager position they have posted and they won't even reply!!
I dare say that they NEVER read the resume' or the applications that they get.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Lacy wenzel in Atl, Georgia said: I worked as a cashier for DG within 8 months my DM came to me and asked me if I wanted to be a 3rd key with the possibility of being assistant Manager in 60 to 90 days which that time has come and gone.. My manager begged for help from our DM but he told her to work it out. I make 7 dollars an hour and I have been working 7 days a week sometime double shifts. My manager got fed up with the lack of help and quit. Now the new manager and DM want me to quit too. I havent done anything but try to make this store the best store in our distict. The new manager wont do anything. I am running the store totally. I called my Dm and he told me to do whatever the manager said. I have been putting in 49 hours a week and some days I work with out a break. The other day I worked 8.5 hours with out a break.

You need to contact the "Wage and Hour" people and discuss this problem with them. They can and will help you!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

lauanhof in Freeman, South Dakota said: I know what you mean by being terminated unfairly!! I worked as a store manager and was let go after a year of service because DG told me that I didn't pass the background check. After me, every other employee that I worked with was also let go for one reason or another. Nothing proven, just hear-say.

TOTALLY illegal!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

I'm not sure about where you are, but when I was working in Freeman, SD store, a store manager was to work a minimum of 50 hours a week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lee123 in W, Ohio

65 months ago

Oh I assumed that somewhere written was the expected number of hours to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

You could check your handbook but if I remember correctly my DM is the one who informed me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lee123 in W, Ohio

65 months ago

I do not work for the company yet. I have an option of coming over and was just trying to do some research. Seems like they would have to have something written for the min. amount of hours that need to be worked. DM's would be able to choose different hours for different Sm's doesn't seem fair. lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Royce3371 in Grayville, Illinois

65 months ago

Managers salary depends on several factors. Where you live is one, the sales volume of your store is one and how good of a job you do is another

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

sickofthedgcrap in anywhere, Rhode Island

65 months ago

J in Wake Forest, North Carolina said: Perhaps they let you go because you ran the store with the intelligence you display in your posting...it is not "hear-say"

You are so wrong for that!!!! How can you be so insensitive. Do you work for them? Half the time you don't have time to remember your name let alone how to spell, you may be lucky and have a DM who gives a d*** alot of us don't.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

sickofthedgcrap in anywhere, Rhode Island

65 months ago

lauanhof in Freeman, South Dakota said: I'm not sure about where you are, but when I was working in Freeman, SD store, a store manager was to work a minimum of 50 hours a week.

They told us at "school" we were required to work at least 48 hrs.Trust me that is not the case it is at least 60 to 70 hrs per week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

jared driskill in Richmond, Virginia

65 months ago

the manager at the store i worked at said she was told she would work 'no more" than 48 hours a week by the DM. She ended up working 70-80 hours a week, without fail, until she quit out of sheer exhaustion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Faith44 in Peoria, Illinois

63 months ago

Being let go unfairly can happen in any company, especially in this economy. Companies are struggling, and they don't want too many ex-employees to get unemployment benefits because it reflects badly on the company. Someone told me that it also raises the amount they have to pay
(I don't know if that's true or not.)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Lacy wenzel in Atl, Georgia said: I worked as a cashier for DG within 8 months my DM came to me and asked me if I wanted to be a 3rd key with the possibility of being assistant Manager in 60 to 90 days which that time has come and gone.. My manager begged for help from our DM but he told her to work it out. I make 7 dollars an hour and I have been working 7 days a week sometime double shifts. My manager got fed up with the lack of help and quit. Now the new manager and DM want me to quit too. I havent done anything but try to make this store the best store in our distict. The new manager wont do anything. I am running the store totally. I called my Dm and he told me to do whatever the manager said. I have been putting in 49 hours a week and some days I work with out a break. The other day I worked 8.5 hours with out a break.

I hope you have a lawyer lined up. The problems they had should not reflect on you. Keep a notebook with everything that happens.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

Royce3371 in Grayville, Illinois said: Managers salary depends on several factors. Where you live is one, the sales volume of your store is one and how good of a job you do is another

Could you please share about how much you make and how many years retail experience you have? If not that's ok, I understand it's a sensitive issue.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

yooper329 in Ohio

62 months ago

lee123 in W, Ohio said: Oh I assumed that somewhere written was the expected number of hours to work.

It is written...on the Matrix.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jd_bugman in Omaha, Nebraska

60 months ago

Something quite hilarious on the topic of DG: My brother was an assistant mgr at one of these stores in florida and had a very urgent meeting with his boss the morning after he locked up. Apparently the night before he failed to follow protocol 100%. It was like 10%. He didn't close the safe before he left. And yes, as was his defense, he did set the alarm. He'll never work for them again. Bummer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Denton in Denton, Texas

52 months ago

And so starts my epic journey into DG! I have now been employed for about a month. I was hired in as an ASM and after a few weeks of stocking and cashiering I am the acting store manager! LMAO! I really like it and it is NOT hard, just a lot of work for the money I receive. I just wonder when I will have time to train since with no SOP training or anything other than the very basic stuff I have no clue of how to do things the "DG Way". I'm relying entirely on my former work experiences to run this one...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

robin gomillion in luverne, Alabama

52 months ago

[875.00 per week manager( my husband is manager) ( I was assistant)salary assistant mgr. 10.00 to 12.50 per hour

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

[wow thats awsome we need to talk about that not so great company i have some legal advice for you tnkrbell12000@yahoo.com thats two l"s and one number 1

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Denton in Denton, Texas

52 months ago

45k per year?? I had read online that it is only 30k starting.. Has he been there a while? I'm in a high volume store in north Texas btw. I'm just a few weeks out from moving out to a training store for SMC and wanna know what to push for salary wise when the time comes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

That is against company policy if you had a reciept no questions refund policy but no reciept you get a DG store card I would not let that stand my dear

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JJ101 in San Antonio, Texas

49 months ago

I just got hired as a SMC and my starting training is $12/hour for 3 months and i wrote that i want 35k/year for salary and she looked at me and said dont worry she can beat that. I am 21 and worked for Walgreens and so far Dollar General gave me 1.50 more then Walgreens did for the same job....No wonder why Walgreens is going down...I vote DG any day

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Denton in Denton, Texas

49 months ago

I just took my store and salary a week ago today and that is about my base salary. Keep in mind there are some pretty big bonuses that can add about 10k to that too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

tiger2006 in Ohio

48 months ago

I just want a inside view, please be honest. Store Managers answer only

do you thank you get to make alot of discissions without asking DM or higher
is dollar general micro managed
how many hours do you put in
how many people do you have
what percent of the time do you do associate work (freight, stocking, unloading truck, & ect.) compared to managing
would you recommend this company and why

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

joelockaby in somewhere, Kentucky

48 months ago

JJ101 in San Antonio, Texas said: I just got hired as a SMC and my starting training is $12/hour for 3 months and i wrote that i want 35k/year for salary and she looked at me and said dont worry she can beat that. I am 21 and worked for Walgreens and so far Dollar General gave me 1.50 more then Walgreens did for the same job....No wonder why Walgreens is going down...I vote DG any day

you vote it now....lol wait awhile and you will hate hate and hate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

joelockaby in somewhere, Kentucky

48 months ago

Denton in Denton, Texas said: And so starts my epic journey into DG! I have now been employed for about a month. I was hired in as an ASM and after a few weeks of stocking and cashiering I am the acting store manager! LMAO! I really like it and it is NOT hard, just a lot of work for the money I receive. I just wonder when I will have time to train since with no SOP training or anything other than the very basic stuff I have no clue of how to do things the "DG Way". I'm relying entirely on my former work experiences to run this one...

I am right there with you...Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

tiger2006 in Ohio

48 months ago

Denton in Denton, Texas said: My DM is awesome. Very easy to speak with and will give extra hours when needed. It is really all left in your hands outside of merchandising and POG/MAG. The company gives guidelines and a clear plan to follow and DM's will only step in if you are not following it. I will admit that I spend only about 10% or less of my time mgmt wise and most of it doing manual labor. I have about 11 on mt team and put in about 70+ hrs a week.

You must remember that I just took my store a few weeks ago and it is a mess atm.

how many employee's do you have working on a given day, do you help unload the truck how many unload the truck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SammiesMammie in Havana, Florida

45 months ago

Denton in Denton, Texas said: I just took my store and salary a week ago today and that is about my base salary. Keep in mind there are some pretty big bonuses that can add about 10k to that too.

What DG are you woking for?? 10K in bonuses???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

SammiesMammie in Havana, Florida

45 months ago

tiger2006 in Ohio said: I just want a inside view, please be honest. Store Managers answer only

do you thank you get to make alot of discissions without asking DM or higher
is dollar general micro managed
how many hours do you put in
how many people do you have
what percent of the time do you do associate work (freight, stocking, unloading truck, & ect.) compared to managing

1. I make all the decisions sans liquid assets/payroll hours.
2. Yes, DG is micromanaged, but that is okay..you always know what to do.
3. I work an average of 50 hrs/week
4. I have 11 plus me
5. 80% of the time I am doing something other than "management" if that is what you want to call it...I am not an office clerk, so my customers come first..90% call me by name : )
6. Yes I would recommend this company if YOU are willing to be part of a TEAM and not a stuffed shirt behind an office door!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jane Morgan in Maumee, Ohio

45 months ago

To be honest, I work as a cashier for Dollar General and I make $7.30 an hour. My job is to ring people up, 'recover' the shelves (pull everything forward and facing the right way) in food, do stock, and work totes, and clean, all at the same time. In the year I've been there, I've had one holiday off and two weekends, that's it. This company is redic. The pay is terrible, and most cashiers don't get raises. They give you a list of things to do and if you don't, you get written up. The rules they have are crazy, and most illegal. I got written up for being short once and I'm not even allowed to count my own drawer down. How do I know the manager didn't take the money out of my drawer? I mean, if a manager wants your fired, they can do it easily because they count down all of your money, not you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

james rowland in Hagerstown, Maryland

45 months ago

I am currently a SMC and I have an interesting dilemma. I work in a store where my manager seems to have a budgeting issue. She has myself and 3 other full-time people (assistant mgr, 3rd key and a cashier with 10 years in the company) who even working only 30 hrs a week on avg seem to encompass almost her entire payroll budget. Therefore, we cannot even give any hours to the other 4 cashiers/stockers we have. The only way I feel she can avoid being written up again is to let her cut my hours again so she can stay within payroll budget. My training is done for the most part and the management stuff is easy for me. However, looking into the eyes of her people and having to tell them that we have no hours to give them is heartbreaking for me. It is worse to have a job and not be able to work than to not have a job at all. My store mgr puts in 70-80 hours a week average just to keep bodies in the store....any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

F***ed over in North Tonawanda, New York

44 months ago

I have been with this Company for 7 months now. About 3 months into my time here my store and assistant manager(3rd key at the time) came up to me and asked me if I would like to be a key holder. I of course accepted. Well after about a month I got f***ed over and got them taken away. Reasons are simply because of my stupidity. Well a few days before inventory day I asked the DM on my break if I could get my keys back and she said yes of course she's all about giving second chances. So after inventory we had a meeting and she told everyone who was there, Me, a fellow cashier, SMC, and store manager, that the 3rd Key was getting promoted to Assisstant manager and that I was going to take over her position of 3rd key. The other employee's that were in that meeting are no longer with the store or even with the company. Except me. So we had to get a temporary SM and he's only been there for about 2 - 3 weeks and already making me want to quit. By continuesly saying that I was never the third key and by even cutting my guaranteed hours in half. I heard around the store that it was due to money gone missing all because I was the closing manager. The SM that was there at the time got up and left the second I got to work that day and left me on register for 3.5 hours. Which is nothing for me. but it's messed up that I'm taking the fall for this while she's all fine and dandy not getting investigated for anything. What should I do? Should I just quit and find a new job or should I do what I plan on doing and waiting it out and when they went to fire me for the money issue simply say prove it and when they can't prove it demand a raise and my key's back just to avoid a lawsuit for false accusation?

Please give me advice! I would really appreciate it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

dgidiot in bloomfield, Kentucky

44 months ago

tiger2006 in Ohio said: I just want a inside view, please be honest. Store Managers answer only

do you thank you get to make alot of discissions without asking DM or higher (My dm is an idiot so i get to make most of my decisions on my own)
is dollar general micro managed (my store just is picked on out of the bunch every one else gets away this BREAKING POLICY and i am sick 1 day and im not being productive> while running your register, doing your price changes, checking in your vendors, running your freight ALL ON SINGLE COVERAGE FOR 6 HOURS!!! AND ME STOPPING TO TAKE A BREATH IS UNPRODUCTIVE!!)
how many hours do you put in (Roughly 80 to 90 6am to 10pm DAILY!!!)
how many people do you have (5)
what percent of the time do you do associate work (freight, stocking, unloading truck, & ect.) compared to managing (90% OF TIME CAUSE IM THE ONLY FREAKING PERSON THERE WORKING!!!)

(I AM FIGHTING TO GET OUT OF THIS COMPANY!!! ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE I FIND ANOTHER JOB!!!)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Mrs. Retail in Griffin, Georgia

43 months ago

How can they hold anyone accountable for a drawer if you aren't allowed to count it down yourself? or watch it being counted? No way....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

JJonesinil in Taylorville, Illinois

41 months ago

store associate in Ranger, Georgia said: Jane Morganin Maumee, Ohio, I agree with you about the counting down of the drawers. My drawer has been off so many times I'm amazed I haven't been fired yet. I blame those over me, and they blame me for the over/short. I don't understand why Dollar General won't let the drawers be counted twice ( by the store associate and the manager on duty). Not only at the end of the shift, but at the beginning also. With two counts and two signatures less dishonesty could occurr. I have worked in different districts and under different managers. No two are the same. Standard Operating Procedure, what's that? Each manager choses what is important to them, and thats what the rest of the crew has to follow. I want the others to count their drawers at the beginning of their shifts so I can. Its optional, but I feel the undercurrent..so I don't. One district, they do count your drawer immediately at the end of your shift. Another district, they throw it in the safe on top of others, say there isn't time, and count it later. And if its off, the TA Log on the wall isn't filled out for days until it can all be worked out. If those with keys are over/short it isn't put on the TA Log (no second count & signature to verify they were honest), but non-keyholders is recorded on the TA Log.

A better solution is to count down the drawer after every shift, and assing drawers to cashiers on their shifts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

JJonesinil in Taylorville, Illinois

41 months ago

JJonesinil in Taylorville, Illinois said: A better solution is to count down the drawer after every shift, and assing drawers to cashiers on their shifts.

*assigning

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

country in Conway, South Carolina

38 months ago

lauanhof in Freeman, South Dakota said: I know what you mean by being terminated unfairly!! I worked as a store manager and was let go after a year of service because DG told me that I didn't pass the background check. After me, every other employee that I worked with was also let go for one reason or another. Nothing proven, just hear-say.

hello,im new at this i tryed to post my comment but it wouldnt let me so i seen yours and just replying to you.
i worked at dollargeneral for 11 years,and never had any issues with any dm ever,and there was a new manager that was hired in to our distric,and only 7 months he became our dm,and that was my worst nitemare,because i had been there the longest and new my job very well,i really really got the bad end of the deal with this dm,i was treated unfairly,always put down,and i tryed to talk to my rm about this but never got anywhere,so i didnt want to leave this company,but could not take the abuse of this man anymore and they still chose him over me ,7 months or 11 yrs .i have so much fury for this company they dont care about there emploeeys they only care about there dollars they can make.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

newtostartthisweek in Saint Louis, Missouri

36 months ago

Okay, Okay. First let me say that I am just starting at Dollar General. I love what I have been told and do believe some of what I have read here. I am a new Store Manager for dg. However I am not new to the retail management. I was told very honestly about the hours and pay....Min 48-50 but if your store is not at standards or during inv or holidays you will be expected more hours. I have been a manager at another BIG BOX and yeah my pay was better but I also had been with them 9 yrs. I think it silly that you guys are complaining. If you were fired unfairly truthfully you need to follow the steps to care of that. If you dont trust people on your drawer or you want to count your door talk honestly to your manager. Do the job u were hired to do. I know you all are thinking she dont know nothing yet, let me tell you my last JOB if my floor wasnt right I worked from 4am to midnight atleast 5 days a week and i was responsible for 10 millions in sales, BUT when i was good I only worked 50 or so. If you are just starting with any new position u should expect to work atleast 60 hrs a week for atleast 3 months to get your store to standards and then spend the next 3 month teaching your staff how to properly maintain it. I know the next 6 months will be lots of hours but once I have it in place I have no doubt hours will drop and my store will be good. Take it as it comes and dont worry about the rest.. No manager, not TRUE leader would be on hear moaning and groaning because that is not leadership....Sorry but think about it and u know it is true.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

newtostartthisweek in Saint Louis, Missouri

36 months ago

[Q who="country in Conway, South Carolina"]hello,im new at this i tryed to post my comment but it wouldnt let me so i seen yours and just replying to you.
i worked at dollargeneral for 11 years,and never had any issues with any dm ever,and there was a new manager that was hired in to our distric,and only 7 months he became our dm,and that was my worst nitemare,because i had been there the longest and new my job very well,i really really got the bad end of the deal with this dm,i was treated unfairly,always put down,and i tryed to talk to my rm about this but never got anywhere,so i didnt want to leave this company,but could not take the abuse of this man anymore and they still chose him over me ,7 months or 11 yrs .i have so much fury for this company they dont care about there emploeeys they only care about there dollars they can make.[/

Okay, what I would do unless you feel you cant stay with the company is have a difficult conversation with your RM. Dont bring up the district manager in a negative(cause really if is that bad he will cause a lawsuit and be term sooner than later) way, ask your RM what do I need to do different to become a DM. I would ask for detail information and then do the same with your DM. your new DM may feel that you hate him or dislike him because he got the position over you but honestly he didnt make the decision, so talk to him. Ask him okay let clean the slate, I know I may of been upset about u getting promoted before me but that is not your fault but now we need to work together so we both can go further with the company ask him what you can do to help him and what you need to do differently to be able to be promoted to DM next. If you decide to leave the company just remember the grass is always greener on the other side, you still should talk to both of them because these are things you should know. I once got passed on a promotion and asked my DM why and was told no one could do my job in my store....It was true

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

country in Conway, South Carolina

36 months ago

country in Conway, South Carolina said: hello,im new at this i tryed to post my comment but it wouldnt let me so i seen yours and just replying to you.
i worked at dollargeneral for 11 years,and never had any issues with any dm ever,and there was a new manager that was hired in to our distric,and only 7 months he became our dm,and that was my worst nitemare,because i had been there the longest and new my job very well,i really really got the bad end of the deal with this dm,i was treated unfairly,always put down,and i tryed to talk to my rm about this but never got anywhere,so i didnt want to leave this company,but could not take the abuse of this man anymore and they still chose him over me ,7 months or 11 yrs .i have so much fury for this company they dont care about there emploeeys they only care about there dollars they can make.

wow ,didnt they do that before you got hired,That seems very strange.well again i have to say dg at there best out to get that last buck and dont have a care for there emploeeys.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.