Too busy to view my application?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

SoUmYeah? in Acworth, Georgia

30 months ago

I have been looking fr a job since October. I have filled over 150 apps and called and checked up on all of them. Over 20 are to fast food joints and so on.

I noticed a close by Dollar General is hiring. I called in and spoke to the hiring manager and she told me that yes they are hiring. I filled out my application and called back a few days later and was told to call at the beginning on Jan because she is too busy to view applications.

I call on the 2nd and I am again told that she is too busy to check applications.

What is with this? I am about to call District or regional. Im honestly tired of being played around by soo many people. I had to cancel my LAST semester of college because I couldn't afford the textbooks thanks to not finding any work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dee in Baltimore, Maryland

30 months ago

I feel your pain and I've had similar issues. It's always good to write down a list of places that you'd like to apply and then Google up information about how to apply. The unemployment in my area is very high (12%) so this method has not worked for me.

Here are the types of places I've applied to:
Retail stores
Fast food restaurants
Casual dining restaurants (such as Denny's)
Hospitals
Banks
Grocery stores
Local airport
Car dealerships
Concert venues
Hotels
Local public school system

Places I'm gonna apply to:
Motels
Credit unions
Temp agencies

30 months ago

Dee in Baltimore, Maryland said: I feel your pain and I've had similar issues. It's always good to write down a list of places that you'd like to apply and then Google up information about how to apply. The unemployment in my area is very high (12%) so this method has not worked for me.

Here are the types of places I've applied to:
Retail stores
Fast food restaurants
Casual dining restaurants (such as Denny's)
Hospitals
Banks
Grocery stores
Local airport
Car dealerships
Concert venues
Hotels
Local public school system

Places I'm gonna apply to:
Motels
Credit unions
Temp agencies

Since Oct I have put out over 150 apps. I do have all the info written down.
I do check up on them and renew them. I also went in a few times and talk to
the workers and such.

I have filled out over 15 apps to McDonalds alone. And allot of retail places.
All these places I have great knowledge in and experience and I never get the jobs.

Yet it's always some young 0 Exp worker who gets the job because of connections.
The ones who always call out, don't care about work and so forth.

30 months ago

Have you tried going to your local one stop career center? At the one in my area, they have several types of apprenticeships (on the job training programs that will pay you). www.cobbworks.org/

30 months ago

Dee in Baltimore, Maryland said: Have you tried going to your local one stop career center? At the one in my area, they have several types of apprenticeships (on the job training programs that will pay you). www.cobbworks.org/

There isn't any work on those sites for college students looking to get
a simple job. Those are all highly trained jobs that require degrees.
And everything near my zip code is in ATL.

30 months ago

Have you tried searching for any work study jobs on campus? You're lucky that you're in college, I had to drop out to help my sister out.

30 months ago

Dee in Baltimore, Maryland said: Have you tried searching for any work study jobs on campus? You're lucky that you're in college, I had to drop out to help my sister out.

Nothing and even though I have my tuition covered i have to skip my last semester because books cost too much and I couldn't afford them.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.