How to get a job at Dollar General.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 160 of 160)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

Nena86 in chocago, Illinois

25 months ago

I've been trying for the past couple of months trying to get hired with Dollar general n nothing. i applied on-line for the stores in chicago, cicero n burbank n i applied more than one time on certain stores n nothing. I think Dollar General just hired whomever walk-in and left there application.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jason in Sulphur, Louisiana

12 months ago

JESSICA EVE in Coldspring, Texas said: I AM SORRY TO SEE YOU DO NOT LIKE YOUR JOB AT DOLLAR GENERL I HAVE BEEN WITH THEM SINCE 2004 AND CAN TELL YOU I LOVE MY JOB, MY POSITION AND MY TEAM. TOGETHER WE MAKE A GREAT STORE AND LOVE THE PEOPLE WITH IN OUR COMMUNITY THAT LET US BE A PART OF THERE COMMUNITY. DOLLAR GENERAL IS THE FASTEST GROWING COMPANY IN THE U.S AND HAS MORE RETAIL STORES THAN ANY OTHER RETAIL CHAIN. WE HAVE GREAT BENNIFITS FOR FULL AND PART TIME EMPLOYESS AND HAVE GREAT INCENTIVE PROGRAMS AS WELL AS SUPPORT. IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES TAKE IT TO ANOTHER LEAVEL BECAUSE OBVIOULSY YOU ARE NOT HAVING THE GOOD EXPIERENCE WE ARE HAVING IN TEXAS.. GOOD LUCK AND HOPE IT GETS BETTER.

DOLLAR GENERAL MANAGER TEXAS..

I can't stand it here at this Dollar General. I feel so stupid for not knowing where everything goes. It's my second day and even the manager is harping on me to hurry up with everything and SHE herself was 10 minutes late to the store so we had to sit around outside. I don't want to get her in trouble so I changed the City to something else. And this is not my true name. I just wanted to say I don't expect to work here any longer. I'm being made to feel like a stupid idiot for having to ASK where thing goes. I would not suggest to work for the Dollar General. THey are completely not what they make themselves out to be. It's a facade on the outside, but when you are inside looking out you'll see what I mean.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

fay in Port Arthur, Texas

12 months ago

Jessica Eve in Livingston, Texas said: I do not believe He will pass the back ground check.. Dollar General does not hire any one with a felony.. I am sorry to have to let you know that.. but good luck with what ever happens..

Dollar General Corp. (DG), the discount retailer, was sued by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission for conditioning job offers for store clerks on criminal background checks.
The illegal practice has had a negative impact on black applicants since the company started doing it in 2004, according to a complaint filed by the commission today in federal court in Chicago.
“People who have been convic

Arthur Bowers in Austin, Texas

12 months ago

I'm a little perplexed about seeing the same ad's week after week.
I wish someone would take down the one their not hiring for.
Would to work for this company, I have been applying over a year now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Palm Desert, California

11 months ago

I applied to D.G. for a management position. I have extensive experience in retail and can absolutely do the job. I also went to the store, and was told by acting S.M. all apps are done on line. How do you get an interview? What all do the background checks look at? Do they look at credit report? I don't have the best.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

vanessacommins in Dowagiac, Michigan

8 months ago

Elcetra Crowder in Atlanta, Georgia said: I am interested in joining the Dollar General Team. How do I feel out an application on line?

They have a website: www.dollargeneral.com/careers

vanessacommins in Dowagiac, Michigan

8 months ago

Shaleka Waytt in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: why is that they say they will call but never do

It might be because of the questioniare. If you score badly on it the application does not go through to the store (s) you applied to

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

tobes12 in Ashland, Ohio

6 months ago

I got hired at DG am now awaiting background check. I have a misdemeanor, disordly conduct. Does DG hire people with misdemeanors?

rkaystewart325@gmail.com in Arlington, Texas

4 months ago

How do u get an interview or just get to the assessment. The system.let me start the testing, had to get off for a few minutes. Now your system will not allow me to log back into.I have been trying to go to work at your The Colony. Texas store for months. The lady Debbie said they need a person or two. I don't understand why its so hard.Every time go into the store referred back to web site. Please help

Rkaystewart325@gmail

rkaystewart325@gmail.com in Arlington, Texas

4 months ago

I do not live in Arlington. I live here in The Colony. TX. 10 ,minutes for the store location.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.