Dollar Tree Stores Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Dollar Tree Stores?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Jeff36 in Jesup, Georgia

78 months ago

LOL!!! Exactly whats its like at dt

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Leader in Britton, Michigan

78 months ago

Hands down the BIGGEST mistake I ever made was working for dollar tree as a work horse.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Justice Rider in Paterson, New Jersey

74 months ago

Host said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Dollar Tree Stores?

Any advice on striking the right note?

DONT EVEN BOTHER! UNLESS YOU REALLY LOVE BEING TORTURED TO DEATH AT HARDLY NO COST TO THEM! LMAO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Anthropology_Student in Westminster, Colorado

71 months ago

I have an interview with Dollar Tree coming up and I was wondering if they have a problem with students. I am a full time student in college and the only days that I would need off are Mondays, Wednesdays, and Sundays (I go to church on Sundays and then volunteer there the rest of the day). After reading these posts I am afraid they might have a problem with that. In my last interview they had a problem with the fact that I actually decided to have dreams and to act on them by educating myself further lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Kinsley in Mt. Vernon, Indiana

61 months ago

Leader in Britton, Michigan said: Hands down the BIGGEST mistake I ever made was working for dollar tree as a work horse.

Why? I recently got a job application for Dollar Tree. Also, what is the pay?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

PrettyInACasket in Buffalo, New York

58 months ago

man, oh, man. Don't even waste your time or energy with this company. I work there, and have been there for two years. The only reason I stay is because it's 4 minutes from my house, my store manager is awesome and it's easy to remember the prices of everything (haha). However, this place is a hell hole. They hire incompetent people and stick them in management. Tomorrow we open at 8am when we normally open at 9am. Why? because they think people will wake up early just to buy valentines day merch, which is an absurd thought. For the longest time AFTER xmas last year, we still closed at 10pm. We closed at 9pm on Columbus Day. We still use holiday hours for Sundays (close at 7pm) My store is in a plaza with a bunch of stores that close earlier. It's like asking someone to rob us, we're the only store open!
Also, our DM asked corporate if we could stop using dimes...and they let him. That's right folks. My district manager, Melvin Thompson, doesn't want us using dimes. Oh and we can't double bag even thought the bags are paper thin and explode when something is only somewhat hefty. I could go on, like about the time someone pooped on the floor in my store, but I think you get the point.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

marty_m emm in Houston, Texas

58 months ago

Come on stop defending DT on their practices. I was personal witness how they treat their employees I saw my own daughter how she was treated, I put a stop to that cold Jack ! Employees can't bring up issues of discontent of any form or nature simply because the management will start making you an out cast........yes it starts first by cutting your hours and when you question it they tell you its company cutbacks, yet you find out they are hiring at the same time. And when they specifically "assing" you to train a new hire watch out, your actually may be training the person who is going to replace you. Most of the "so called managers", seem to be young teen agers who are cocky and sarcastic in nature trying to intimidate and show their muscle around simply cause they are trying to make a name for themselves, and yes you are considered a workhorse.......and dont forget about the instore "snitching", on fellow employees, that will get you to "climb" the social ladder in their book. My daughter went through this nightmare, today we dont even pass by their store.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

PrettyInACasket in Buffalo, New York

46 months ago

another incident form my store: an associate was pulling a uboat out of the back that was packed with cans of arizona and other drinks. the dm was right out side the door. about 4 cans fell on the associate, including one right smack dab on his head, leaving him lightheaded. What does our dm say? "Don't about it!" REFERRING TO THE DAMAGED PRODUCT. He didn't care about the kid who got bonked on the head with a heavy can. this is how this company works.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Ginger_Snapz in Rochester, Minnesota

27 months ago

I maybe lasted a month at the dollar tree before I just up and quit. it was my second job, and apparently I was the only one who took my job seriously. I maybe got scheduled 20 hours a week, but ended up working 40 because i got called in for a no show. my first 3 weeks I hit overtime, and got called saying "we have to cut for payroll so enjoy your day off". Next day, my first day off from both jobs in a month, they call me in not once, but TWICE while i was at my other job, and told me to come in when they knew i was working at my other job. after that, I had enough, called and told them i quit. Walmart treated me better than these asswhipes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Worker in Raleigh, North Carolina

17 months ago

Anthropology_Student in Westminster, Colorado said: I have an interview with Dollar Tree coming up and I was wondering if they have a problem with students. I am a full time student in college and the only days that I would need off are Mondays, Wednesdays, and Sundays (I go to church on Sundays and then volunteer there the rest of the day). After reading these posts I am afraid they might have a problem with that. In my last interview they had a problem with the fact that I actually decided to have dreams and to act on them by educating myself further lol

They won't have a problem with it. I work at one and I requested Mondays, Fridays off for classes as well as Thursday evenings. They let me have them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.