Background dispute?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Belliott17 in Richmond, Indiana

50 months ago

I recently found out that my HR background check wasn't cleared. They did not tell me why and that they would be sending me the information and the mail and I can dispute it. I had a background check done for a position with the USPS and passed that and have a clean history ( honorable discharge, no felony acts ect). The recruiter said that my credit report is most likely what hurt me. When I was discharged from the military, I was unable to pay my bills for while and had things put in collections. Just last week I was able to pay everything off, so as of right now, I have no debt, besides student loans. However, things obviously haven't hit my credit report so it is showing up as not being resolved. I am going to get confirmation letters proving that the debt is paid off and dispute this. Does anyone know how exactly a dispute works and what my chances are of being able to do the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

TravlLdy in lawrenceville, Georgia

49 months ago

Belliott17 in Richmond, Indiana said: I recently found out that my HR background check wasn't cleared. They did not tell me why and that they would be sending me the information and the mail and I can dispute it. I had a background check done for a position with the USPS and passed that and have a clean history ( honorable discharge, no felony acts ect). The recruiter said that my credit report is most likely what hurt me. When I was discharged from the military, I was unable to pay my bills for while and had things put in collections. Just last week I was able to pay everything off, so as of right now, I have no debt, besides student loans. However, things obviously haven't hit my credit report so it is showing up as not being resolved. I am going to get confirmation letters proving that the debt is paid off and dispute this. Does anyone know how exactly a dispute works and what my chances are of being able to do the job?

Hello,
Checking to see if you received a response to your question. THis appears to be common and happened to me within 1 day with another company. Will know Monday if they will accept my documentation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

BigSky in St. Pete Beach, Florida

42 months ago

Did you get any replies on this? I am in the same boat...I was selected (hired) as a Mi-17 InstructorPilot, and was told that I would be contacted by the deployment co-ordinator. Suddenly, after weeks of "How are we doing" back and forth emails with my recruiter, he tells me that my Clearance shows up as "Temporaily suspended". Keep in mind, I have had Secret, Top Secret and TS SCI since 1980... I'm still a Reserve Officer, no convictions, no drug/alcohol probs....what gives? I am begging for a explanation from my recruiter, and getting nothing back. Anyone know who/what office does the security checks? Someone I can talk to? I have reached out to a friend that is on Gen. Petraeus's staff even...Someone online here actually with Dyncorp that can help? I have been told it was probably a simple input error or gap in my history that caused it. Silly that a small admin thing keeps the right guy from doing the job...silly actually. Anyone with Dyncorp, someone get with me pronto please!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ANNIE66 in Apo

34 months ago

IF THEY DO, THEN THEY MAY LOOSE THIER JOBS AS WELL!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.