Can you get sent home from Dallas?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

army_for_life in Texas

65 months ago

I applied, interviewed and was offered a job with Dyncorp within a month. I turned in my required papers and was sent the email saying I could come to Dallas.

My question is how common is it to get turned around in Dallas? I got my clearance approval, med and dental is okay, I am okay with the BMI, I am sure I can pass all other medical exams if they give them. Plus I have been overseas before (Iraq, Kuwait) I am apprehensive about reporting to Dallas and then getting turned around for whatever reason.

Is Dallas just a collection point for all the documents or are they actually scrutinizing there too? I don't want to leave my job only to get sent back to the house in a few days.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Lezune in Coquille, Oregon

65 months ago

army_for_life in Texas said: I applied, interviewed and was offered a job with Dyncorp within a month. I turned in my required papers and was sent the email saying I could come to Dallas.

My question is how common is it to get turned around in Dallas? I got my clearance approval, med and dental is okay, I am okay with the BMI, I am sure I can pass all other medical exams if they give them. Plus I have been overseas before (Iraq, Kuwait) I am apprehensive about reporting to Dallas and then getting turned around for whatever reason.

Is Dallas just a collection point for all the documents or are they actually scrutinizing there too? I don't want to leave my job only to get sent back to the house in a few days.

From what I can tell that is the final destination :) once your their unless you've blatantly lied your on your way.. Can i ask.. my husband is just starting the process as an electrician journeyman... how long was your time line from application to dallas?

Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

ooo lol also... what trade are you going as?

Reply - Report abuse

army_for_life in Texas

65 months ago

Lezune in Coquille, Oregon said: From what I can tell that is the final destination :) once your their unless you've blatantly lied your on your way.. Can i ask.. my husband is just starting the process as an electrician journeyman... how long was your time line from application to dallas?

.... I applied 30 May. They called 22 June for an interview. After the interview it took about 3 days for the offer letter. I took about 3 weeks to get med and dental sign offs. I am supposed to go to Dallas in one week. The area I am going to be in is operations. And I was brutally honest in my paperwork.

I got a question regarding your husband... my brother studied as an electrician... and is a JW in a local in indiana. however they don't have licensing there. How can he get on as a JW overseas? They all ask for the license but that state doesn't do it.... he's had over 5 years in an apprentice program received an AAS in electrical science or something like that and is otherwise qualified save for that one cert that it seems impossible to get.

Reply - Report abuse

army_for_life in Texas

65 months ago

Lezune in Coquille, Oregon said: ooo lol also... what trade are you going as?

ops coord.

Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

So can I ask... what the pay scale (even ball park) is?... also .. We got a CV letter/e-mail back from a recruiter (looks like a genereic send out) stating that one of his applications for one position is under review and his qualifications are being looked at..hmmm :) cant be bad I suppose only been a day...

Reply - Report abuse

willis21611 in League City, Texas

59 months ago

Lezune in Coquille, Oregon said: So can I ask... what the pay scale (even ball park) is?... also .. We got a CV letter/e-mail back from a recruiter (looks like a genereic send out) stating that one of his applications for one position is under review and his qualifications are being looked at..hmmm :) cant be bad I suppose only been a day...

i need the recruiter name if you dont mind and e mail address and number i am a plumber worked for KBR since 04 till 2011 we all got caned for lose of contract there are only a hand full left on baces there , only if you dont mind i been trying to get back for a long time my paper work is getting no were i have a sf85-p and cleared ex 2012 end of year i need to use it all dentel good shots good - back ground good - its been bad here thanks

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.