avoid this place

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

looking for a new job in Washington, District of Columbia

97 months ago

after being contacted by a recruiter, I went for an interview. I soon figured out what was being displayed on the job discription was so so wrong. the position I applied for was a mortgage consultant. on the interview I was told you had to work your way up from a CSR/ telemarketer. the income they listed, was "100000 plus first year". the manager I interviewed with said first year was 50000 - 60000.00. Unless you want a job where you are monitored all day long, your calls recorded, making less money, and answering phones all day long, avoid this place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

loving wachovia in Washington, District of Columbia

97 months ago

this could not more accurate etrade stinks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Atlanta, GA in Atlanta, Georgia

97 months ago

I was contacted by a recruiter and even went for an interview in Alpharetta, GA. I still see this job is being displayed after getting an email that this position has been filled! I had 19+ years of experience in telecommunications. I had to interview with 5 people (30 mins each) and they were not even ready.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Atlanta Guy in Atlanta, Georgia

96 months ago

Atlanta, GA in Atlanta, Georgia said: I was contacted by a recruiter and even went for an interview in Alpharetta, GA. I still see this job is being displayed after getting an email that this position has been filled! I had 19+ years of experience in telecommunications. I had to interview with 5 people (30 mins each) and they were not even ready.

I agree 100%, I went on an interview for a position at the Atlanta location. Interviewed with several unprepared people. Never heard anything back, even after sending multiple emails. I also know of someone else who interviewed for the same position with the exact same results and the position is posted time and time again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Avoid E*Trade in Rockville, Maryland

94 months ago

I worked at E*Trade in the Corporate Finance Department for approximately 4 months at their headquarters in Arlington and it was the most painful experience in my professional career of 15 years. The employees are widely overworked and incompetant. The morale is poor for a variety of reasons (poor technology, constant turnover, rumors of being bought out, mortgage meltdown, etc.).

I felt that the company tends to overpay employees for the reasons mentioned above. Keep in mind, overtime is expected. Don't make any personal plans prior to 7:00 pm during the week. It is expected that you monitor your emails during the weekend as well. Work / life balance does not exist at E*Trade.

The only perk about working at the company is getting to wear jeans every day and you work very close to the Ballston Mall (in Arlington). Other than these two things, avoid this place at all costs!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.