How to get a job at Eaton.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Host

Do you work at Eaton? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

bob in Brownsville, Pennsylvania

84 months ago

Are these guys racist or what? They have the highest credit department personnel turnover in Pittsburgh. The guy in charge at corporate is a guy nemed Dave Persechetti and the guy is a hermit. He crawls in and out of the office and hides behind his voice mail. Maybe thats the secret to his survival. Are they any ethnic cultures there in Moon Township? The culture is quit the cunundrum. Can anyone please advise?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (47) Reply - Report abuse

bob in Brownsville, Pennsylvania

84 months ago

Are these guys racist or what? They have the highest credit department personnel turnover in Pittsburgh. The guy in charge at corporate is a guy nemed Dave Persechetti and the guy is a hermit. He crawls in and out of the office and hides behind his voice mail. Maybe thats the secret to his survival. Are they any ethnic cultures there in Moon Township? The culture is quit the cunundrum. Can anyone please advise?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

John in Clayton, North Carolina

83 months ago

Better be careful throwing names around Bob. Not sure what your grievance is but that is definitely asking for trouble.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

oscar in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

83 months ago

Hey John you must be one of those good ol boys that still believe in linchins. I think Bob's pretty clear dont you? Stand outside the moon location and count the minorities. Trust me you wont be long.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

erica in Atlanta, Georgia

83 months ago

hi john
do you work in the raleigh area. i have heard that the credit department has a high turnover in that department. I will be in the area and ws thinking of applying but looking for something stable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

83 months ago

John is in Clayton North of the Raliegh Triangle Park location. But you are right the turnover is high at the Davis dr. location. You may want to try Tekelec and s/w Randy in H.R. they're stable and in Morrisville. Stay away frm the headhunters .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Juan Ajjabb in Cleveland, Ohio

71 months ago

Eaton in Cleveland is always hiring; must be serious issues.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MacroDarden in Fort Worth, Texas

70 months ago

Let me fill you in a little bit on Eaton. As far as high turn over is concerned, I have not witnessed that from the inside. If you receive a poor review rating, you will not go anywhere. The company is always hiring because they are a huge company. My division has a bunch of openings because there is a ton of retirements. If you are in a entry or mid career position, and you are a performer, you will be promoted between one and two years. Not only that, you are welcome and often encouraged to seek promotions in to different business segments within Eaton. I have also witnessed people moving in to different jobs within the same group, i.e moving from HR to IT or marketing with no experience in that area. The company values good workers and strives to keep good employees moving up in the company to the extent that managers are rated on the promotability of their employees.
As far as diversity, I work with people from all different ethnical backgrounds. To accuse any division of the company as being discriminatory is completely a back handed comment being made by a person who is completely unaware of the companies culture.
Eaton is a great company with tremendous potential to anybody fortunate enough to be employed there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

J. in Rochester, New York

45 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Eaton? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I'll mention this about my experience with diversity at Eaton. I interviewed recently for a plant engineering job. Eaton moves a lot of people around between plants, as positions open up. I interviewed with I think six or seven different people there, and not one of them was a standard, non-diverse white male. Some of them had only been there a few months, but had been Eaton employees for a long while at different plants. The plant manager was a woman, and everyone else was from some diverse ethnic group, and they were all mostly very nice professional people, some of the best I've talked to. I wouldn't worry about diversity at Eaton.

Their canned interviewing question protocol was intense, however, and not for the faint of heart. I believe it was a bunch of corporate questions for psychological profiling.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ajalloh in Garland, Texas

15 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Eaton? NO How did you find the job? N/A How did you get that first interview? N/A

N/A

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa Hobbs in Hendersonville, North Carolina

6 months ago

I've been trying to apply for an opening with Eaton, by way of the internet. I get to the initial point of applying and the screen won't continue with the application/resume. Has this been an issue in the past or is it a new concern?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.