Ecolab in Greensboro

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

April in Birmingham, Alabama

89 months ago

I worked for Ecolab for 6 years. 1st starting out at the Corp office in Saint Paul, MN and transferring to Greensboro, NC in 2004. Basically what they want is for you to give 250% 6+ days a week and to do it with a smile on your face. The pay is ok if you are not salary, but the benefits keep going down hill. The co-pay and cost of having insurance goes up considerably every year. You work yourself to the burnout state and you don't get much, if anything, for your effort. The turnover rate is getting out of hand there right now. Ecolab is losing a lot of long-time, experienced people. And, when people leave they are not replacing them. Everyone is just expected to absorb that persons work. The interview processes are extremely long and drawn out. I was an internal employee applying for a position in another division. I started interviewing in January and was not offered the job until June. You can expect lots of red tape and finger pointing there as well. Managers that don't manage their people are pushing good employees to find other places to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

Greg in Las Vegas, Nevada

89 months ago

in Vegas they have adds running almost weekly for Techs, indicating they have high turnover or can't get anybody to work for them. Makes you wonder why they can't keep they're help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

veeblfetzer in Saint Louis, Missouri

87 months ago

Mike in N.C. in Trinity, North Carolina said: This particular opening has been out there FOREVER.......interviewed for this job almost a year ago and it seeems that they're looking for a cross between Jack Welsh and Jesus Christ for $5.15 per hour.

Who's Jack Welch?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Stan in Dallas, Texas

87 months ago

Greg in Las Vegas, Nevada said: in Vegas they have adds running almost weekly for Techs, indicating they have high turnover or can't get anybody to work for them. Makes you wonder why they can't keep they're help

That is a wrong assumption. The adds are for technicians with CAFESA certification to repair kitchen equipment. These techs are hard to find and even harder to please as they will jump the ship for 25 cents/hr more.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

The adds I see in Vegas are for pest control, not repair of equipment

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ecolab in Saint Paul, Minnesota

87 months ago

The positions in Las Vegas are not an indication of turnover, instead it is growth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anglsxn in Los Angeles, California

87 months ago

Run! If these people cannot keep their resources over 25 cents per hour it only reflects that this company is not what it once was in the 1990s.

I believe that this company is TOP HEAVY and the poor low-level employees are suffering.

If you have a license take AIB training. You may also consider taking some courses from an accredited university such as Purdue Pest Management. You are better off being self-employed.

Your friend,
JNSDVSY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

Ecolab in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: The positions in Las Vegas are not an indication of turnover, instead it is growth.

I don't think so, have talked to a few of the techs working for the company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

newbee in Castro Valley, California

87 months ago

"I believe that this company is TOP HEAVY and the poor low-level employees are suffering."

I can't agree more. The top treats the bottom as of they did not exist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.