Ecolab News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Ecolab stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

dish doctor in Simpsonville, South Carolina

80 months ago

Ecolab will survive. But it will be because of the efforts of the weinnie pullers that wont say no to suppervisors that demand too much of them. I have found that in this company you either are a yes man and get promoted or you are not and stay right were you are and more demands are put on you until you give in or quit.The suppervisors of this company have only stock holders in mind and making that "Nut" to reach the budget numbers....It's realy not about the employee or the customer anymore. Also the managers success rides on your back they look for the numbers they don't care about the process to get there."Just be successful don't make me look bad in front of my boss at the next meeting"They won't lay off people people will quit,Just like I'm doing after 6.5 years with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (55) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

toxlabrat in winston-salem, North Carolina

77 months ago

I just recently left Ecolab to pursue a better job oportunity. I can say that cost savings is currently one of the main drivers behind much of the project work, however I do not believe that it is due to greed, but is simply due to the rapid increase of raw material prices and operational costs. This company has been around for many years and I do not see it going anywhere any time soon. The main issue that they face is growing pains, which is not a bad position to be in. I was overworked while I was there this is true, and I can say that improvments need to be made, but I think that is true for any company which is currently going through rapid growth. I believe that with some restructuring of managment and resource allocations, implementation of new procedures and refinement of old procedures will make this company a great place to work. It is just going to take time and some investing on thier part.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Randay Hoorah in Powder Springs, Georgia

65 months ago

Ecolab is a poorly ran company- They hire and promote managers that are not qualified to be in their positions. The managers are poor sales people and ride the backs of the sales people they manage, never protect them, just throw them under the bus to save their own necks. They do not care about the customer, it is all about profit, they have a bad reputation in the southeast of treating customers bad and leaving them hanging. They have a couploe of vice presidents in this area that are corporate bullies and no one in the industry likes them. However, ecolab will survive because they will do what it takes to win, including cutting price and making the sales people pay for it in smaller commissions. They still have some territories to cover in the Southeast, but soon most people will know not to touch anything Ecolab has to offer, even if it is cheaper. New applicants BEWARE!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

I am glad you commented on this

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Ecolab stack up against the competition?

Ecolab is firing people to bring on younger people at a lesser salary

Hospitals do not seem to like Ecolab Products

They are forced down their throats by cotracts They are over priced

How much does soap cost?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Union supporter/wrongfully terminated in Stockbridge, Georgia

31 months ago

Abuse of authority is the unfair use of one's power to interfere with an employee's work and performance in the form of humiliation, intimidation or threat. It does not include professional duties, such as appraisals, counseling or usual managerial responsibilities.

Employees need to distinguish between the various forms of abuse of power in the workplace. According to the Gender and Diversity program's website, supervisors can abuse their power through their speech, including making criticisms about employees’ physical appearance, work skills and intellect. The tone of a supervisor's voice--for example, a supervisor raising her voice at an employee or using foul language--can constitute emotional abuse. Ignoring employees and threatening employees with paycheck reductions or loss of a promotion are abusive. So are physical forms of abuse, including touching, hitting and slapping.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Union supporter/wrongfully terminated in Stockbridge, Georgia

31 months ago

Most if not all hourlys at Ecolab 600 plant in Mcdonough suffer this abuse daily, but are rush to local clinics for drug testing before ever seeing a physician or nurse/doctor. 600 on site safely Manager always finds ways to cover up fautly piping and pumps saying its the hourly assocates fault after his foolish investigation trial. Plant manager Quigley than has the associate written up and (HR) Jones adds coachings in the associates file making a nonsense paper trail. You know like the (1) coaching(s) in my file that the EEOC told me about. Ecolab will never have the success they should have. Ecolab 600 will get away with its tactics there in Ga because first of all most of its local associates are farm raise neighborhood folks who some have never been out of the state letter known the county they live in. And after what happen to the (union supporter) who was practicing a campaign at 600 with local 728, later fired for supposely threatening and intimidating the (HR)s next of kin. All lies, All hourlys are afraid to say the work Union now. But guess what I won't quit, I won't stop until justice is serve. So Larson and whomever else your legal team or whatever. This all could of been resolved. Thank your 600 Management team for all of whats been created now and will continue for peoples rights. I say no to AT WILL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sell out associates/your days are number in Stockbridge, Georgia

31 months ago

Once again Carla Smith allows Plant Mgr Jerry Quigley and Human Resource Rep Penny Jones to get away with whorific schemes that undermind Ecolabs hourlys. Ecolab has suffer a curse among curses from its wrongful termination back on Oct 24,2011 of an associate because of his practice in union organizing. Now some hourlys are letting Quigley and Jones bribe them into turning amongst one another by selling their souls to conning positions that Smith/Quigley and Jones have all created. Sadly these kinds of things are hard to tell most hourlys how harmful jobs that are under minding cruel and despicable can be. And that you never forget about what all you had to fight for to have justice with yourself and management. Now you let Quigley create these sell out positions and have meetings where you stand up there and humiliate your fellow co-worker by snitching right in their faces. Yeah you say how much of a leader you want to be, but throw a cookie your way and run like a perfumed skunk, a rat with a mouth full of white dentures, a sheep that'll dismembers flesh. You fall short of everything we fought for in 2011. You will lose this charade you form with Quigley, and right after he fires your body, your flesh,your self esteem, you will always be hourlys to him and Jones, you will falter in disgust. And now all your snitching, all your selling out, will laugh in your face. Watch!!! Hey Quigley/Smith/and that other thing who I'm guessing is the 600 HR. Told you its not over.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ecolab vs Foxconn their all the same in Stockbridge, Georgia

31 months ago

Ecolab's Human Resource Rep Smith of Saint Paul MN knew of the wrong doing that Quigley and Jones had lied about and allow this termination to happen. How can you have such a cold heart Carla, how can you allow Penny Jones to humiliate me and what respect I had for you? How can you wake up every morning knowing that hundreds of miles away you allow Jerry Quigley to destroy what clearly had been explained to you Carla what happen that Oct 13, 2011 night? How can you Carla knowing that Penny has lied to you time and time again? How can you not take knowing that everything I told you about Penny's next of kin working there at Mcdonough 600 might be true and oh so illegal for the two of them to share employment together? How can you think killing off my livinghood and possibly future shares and investments for my grandchildren is a thumbs up for an applause for you Ecolab? How can you Carla sit there recording everything I told you about Penny's next of kin, everything I told you how I was insulted that Oct 13, 2011 night,everything I told you about my wife and lumps she sufferd in her breast and I was sharing with another hourly associate that night? Everything Carla that you sat there listening to me tell you I did'nt feel comfortable telling that woman (Jones) about what happen that night? And pretnd what happen that night was nothing Carla. How can you allow those thuggs at 600 to do this Carla? How can you come to work and not give a flying flip about what its takes, Lets just have him removed? How can you do it ? How can you? Larson you might want to clean these wounds that your board allows fro 600 with some low temp sanitizer hot stuff ultra clean. You all have really went and done me wrong.

union supporter in Mcdonough, Georgia

31 months ago

Randay Hoorah in Powder Springs, Georgia said: Ecolab is firing people to bring on younger people at a lesser salary

Hospitals do not seem to like Ecolab Products

They are forced down their throats by cotracts They are over priced

How much does soap cost?

Well u got my vote Randay, this company wrongfully terminated me back in Oct of 2011. I will have justice against them. I won't stop until they lose this winning trend they're on. Believe that!!

Corruptive Plant in Ga in Mcdonough, Georgia

31 months ago

Ecolab headquarters allows such poorly behavior from its surrounding
plants because for years this company has always had such unruly
favortism from such high powered Executives who allow these unfair
things to happen , such as threatening & intimidation from Human
Resources and Managers of all kind. The Mcdonough Plant in Mcdonough
Georgia has been accused now for the last couple of years for poor
mismanagement. Current Human Resource Rep at the Mcdonough 600 Plant
who has now been on the job training for at least 5 years or more now,
still can't seem to successfully make correct decisions when dealing
with simple electronic time punch in's, hourly associates personal and
leave of absences forms of sort. 600 Human Resource Rep also lacks
professional courtesy amongst hourly's as well as some office
associates. 600 Rep also lets personal off the job problems escalate
into brutal harm to the hourly associate who seeks help from him or
her when face with on the job profanity or other harrassment issues
with team members, sudden temper tantrums from this Rep has cause a
many hourlys writes up as well as unfair points and made up coachings.
Mcdonough 600 Plant Manager who leads this parade of unprofound small
army of villians, according to most if not all hourlys there. Some who
are to afraid to speak out. Such behaviour is unacceptable where it is
unwanted, unreasonable and offensive to the recipient. Sexual, racial
and sectarian harassment, or harassment on grounds of age and
disability constitute discrimination, and are unlawful. Harassment may
also be a criminal offence and may contravene Health and Safety
legalisation: complaints of this type of harassment can also be
brought under the Protection From Harassment Order. Recently during
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commision visit at 600 in the
investigation of a terminated hourly, The EEOC willingly allow Ecolab
to lie about what the associate had brought charges on this company
for.

Corruptive Plant in Ga in Mcdonough, Georgia

31 months ago

The EEOC allow Human Resource Rep and a host of others to use
write ups that did'nt pertain to the charges that the associates was
terminated for. Plant Manager at 600 and Corp Queen (HR) in Saint Paul
MN all along with The EEOC who allow to be sidetrack and made a fool
out of were all in on the heist. I guess you get what you pay for
these days when dealing with low-lifes as what we have here.
Humiliation, intimidation, action which demeans or undermines the
individual. Physical conduct ranging from touching to serious assault
racial abuse of a physical or verbal nature verbal and written
harassment through jokes, offensive language, gossip and slander,
sectarian or racist songs, threats, letters. Visual displays of
posters, graffiti, obscene gestures, flags, bunting or emblems or any
other offensive material. Isolation or non-co-operation at work,
exclusion from social activities. Isolation or non-co-operation at
work, exclusion from social activities undignified treatment,
ridicule, marginalisation of an individual because of their disability
coercion, including pressure for sexual favours, pressure to
participate in political/religious groups. These acts do accure at
Ecolab 600 and will go public in future blogs and post entry. This is
not over.

Penny Jones lives with this lie in Mcdonough, Georgia

30 months ago

Ecolab Relatives relations mystery (07/12/12)
Relatives are eligible for employment as long as they do not directly report to a supervisor or manager to whom they are related. There must be at least two direct reporting levels between any relative. TO PREVENT SITUATIONS WHERE BUSINESS DECISIONS MAY BE COMPROMISED,RELATIVES OF AN ECOLAB ASSOCIATE REPRESENTING HUMAN RESOURCES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR HIRE. In Addition, individuals may not be hired in to the preceding areas if they have a relative who is a current ecolab associate. On July 7,2012 during a weekend overtime workday Human Resource Rep next of kin ADMITTED being the nephew of the Human Resource Rep Penny Jones, this was all taken down noted and possibly proof of other types of electronic recording took place in the admittance of this statement from the alleged assailant actually saying and I quoted: " My Auntie let you guys come in on saturday and work huh? "

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ecolab 600 Contaminated in Mcdonough, Georgia

30 months ago

916098/916114/922336/910445/933593/959619/922277/911798/9483 23/905131/905222/901159/911601/984013/937292/930222/996892/909960/910787/985655/910179/911 290/900648/988782/924142/98884 0/950097/948463/900316/990986/ 916387/910042/969048/901798/90 8365/986216/951681/913640/913916

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

In Time in Coweta, Georgia

28 months ago

Ecolab days of destruction will end. Ecolab will surrender

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Soon soon in Fayetteville, Georgia

28 months ago

Just look around at companies like Ecolab in this world and their wrong ways of torture towards living

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.