How to get a job at EDO.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Host

Do you work at EDO? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Rohmell Brills in College Point, New York

91 months ago

Another piece of crap company that readvertises the same job over and over again.
They listed the same job 3 times, I applied 3 times, never got a call, or even ack that they rcvd my resume.
Stupid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Doug Plucker in Bronx, New York

88 months ago

This is a dumb company that keeps advertising the same jobs over and over, and when you apply, you get no response. I remember years ago, when you applied for a job at any company, they would have the courtesy to send you a little postcard saying 'we have received your resume, etc..' or ' we will keep your resume on file for 1 year and contact you, etc..' But, these clowns do not acknowledge anything, and then a few weeks later, the same job is posted.
DUMB.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

John In Nashua in Manchester, New Hampshire

87 months ago

I have to differ with the previous comments. Once I applied, the response and interview scheduling was faster than most places I've applied to. However, I would note that I bring 26 years of military and private sector high tech experience to the table,
Experience that was ideally suited for their job requirements. That's been my experience with EDO, at least, FWIW. If you are a good match for the job, they'll call you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Steve Brills in Bellmore, New York

86 months ago

I see them advertising the same Technician job over and over and over. Why? Because the pay is low, the working conditions are poor, and the morale is low.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Robert Marshall in Flushing, New York

85 months ago

Steve Brills in Bellmore, New York said: Because the pay is low, the working conditions are poor, and the morale is low.

Yes, I have seen that there, too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Aurora, Colorado

84 months ago

yeah, pay is low (90-110K), working conditions are poor (flex hours and 100% paid benefits), and morale is low(everybody I know loves EDO). If you have a competitive resume, they will call you. If not, they won't.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Emil Antanowsky in Uniondale, New York

84 months ago

anonymous in Aurora, Colorado said: yeah, pay is low (90-110K), working conditions are poor (flex hours and 100% paid benefits), and morale is low(everybody I know loves EDO). If you have a competitive resume, they will call you. If not, they won't.

Maybe in CO that's how it is, but in Amityville, NY people head for the hills after a few weeks of working there, that's why the same jobs are advertised over and over on a monthly basis.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Maybe. But their business is growing there. Also, keep in mind that many defense contractors hire against a specific job req, then repost it to leave an open position in order to have a continuous flow of resumes for contigency contractual awards. Like it or not, that is the world.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Another thing to consider is that many companies in defense contracting are also looking for specific skillsets that those who possess them are able to read between the lines and see. Finally, if you've sent a resume more than once, and the company reposts the job, then you likely weren't one of them. Why send them your resume again?

Emil Antanowsky in Uniondale, New York

83 months ago

Emil Antanowsky in Uniondale, New York said: Maybe in CO that's how it is, but in Amityville, NY people head for the hills after a few weeks of working there, that's why the same jobs are advertised over and over on a monthly basis.

As of 09/01/2007 there are SIX (6) positions listed for EDO Amityville, NY.
Either they laid off a bunch of people in search of cheaper replacements, or else everyone in that place is heading for the hills!

hmmm.... in Aurora, Colorado

83 months ago

I don't really know, but it seems that there are quite a bit of difference in the jobs that they're looking to hire. Looks like from a couple warehouse workers to contracts people, to planners.

Plus, you really have to keep in mind that in defense contracting, the people are much more mobile. I would venture to say that probably 75-85% of the people in that field jump companies pretty regularly. Almost all defense contractors offer 401(k)'s rather than pensions from just that reason. It's not a reflection of contracts coming and going, but most often the worker's choice in trying something new.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.