Edward Jones What are the odds......

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

MyWayToTalk in Simp, South Carolina

57 months ago

of getting hired with Edward Jones after declining a first offer?

The Story.....

I had transfered with a company in which I'm a minority shareholder to a location and after 3 yrs my family had decided to move back to where we had come from. The company said I could not transfer so I started checking out other career opportunities. My FA and long time friend helped me get hooked up with EDJ. I went through the interview process successfully and was given a hire date, etc. Once this was done I contacted the partners of the company I worked for to tell them that I was relocating and that due to their stance on not allowing this would be taking another job outside the industry. So after some negotiating my current company raised my earnings, allowed for relocation, etc. I called and declined the offer with EDJ and had a nice conversation with the last person I had been working with and with my FA who had helped me.

Well I'm interested again in pursuing the financial service industry. I have always wondered what if I would have. So the end of this year I would like to exit my current company and pursue a financial service career. I was told by my recruiter and the FA after declining that the opportunity would be available again if I changed my mind. What do you think my chances are? I'm thinking about getting my licensing before hand do you think this would be a good idea? There's been several major accomplishments since my last interview process and I'm confident but hope that the previous experience wasn't hindering? Has anyone else been through this successfully? THanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Thanks for your comments

Vensik in Virginia

56 months ago

From what I know of Edward Jones so far, they are interested in your ability to succeed at this as an individual. I do not think it reflects poorly on you if you went through the interview process before and you were honest enough to realize it was not the right fit at that time.

I would decide on your area, and contact the recruiting manager in that area. Explain it to them and see where they proceed.

56 months ago

I felt like the door was still open based on the way things were handled. Departing from my current work will be a little different than leaving most companies as I am 1 of 3 owners however a minority owner. I'm meeting with my local EDJ rep (handles my personal investments now) for lunch the first week of Feb. and he is always asking when I'm coming over to work for them and is the one that spear headed this for me the last time. The old principle of never burning bridges is always a good one to live by.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.