of getting hired with Edward Jones after declining a first offer?
I had transfered with a company in which I'm a minority shareholder to a location and after 3 yrs my family had decided to move back to where we had come from. The company said I could not transfer so I started checking out other career opportunities. My FA and long time friend helped me get hooked up with EDJ. I went through the interview process successfully and was given a hire date, etc. Once this was done I contacted the partners of the company I worked for to tell them that I was relocating and that due to their stance on not allowing this would be taking another job outside the industry. So after some negotiating my current company raised my earnings, allowed for relocation, etc. I called and declined the offer with EDJ and had a nice conversation with the last person I had been working with and with my FA who had helped me.
Well I'm interested again in pursuing the financial service industry. I have always wondered what if I would have. So the end of this year I would like to exit my current company and pursue a financial service career. I was told by my recruiter and the FA after declining that the opportunity would be available again if I changed my mind. What do you think my chances are? I'm thinking about getting my licensing before hand do you think this would be a good idea? There's been several major accomplishments since my last interview process and I'm confident but hope that the previous experience wasn't hindering? Has anyone else been through this successfully? THanks!