July 6, 2010 Start Date

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

ashley21 in East Lansing, Michigan

57 months ago

My start date is July 6th and I would like to get into contact with others who have the same start date!

I am graduating from College in May (which is the reason for the later start date)

Any other young grads starting this day?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Danielle123 in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina

57 months ago

Ashley,

I am having my competency based interview on Friday, do you have any tips/suggestions. I am curious as to what type of questions they ask.

Thanks

ashley21 in East Lansing, Michigan

57 months ago

Danielle,

Here's a list of some of the questions I can remember:

Questions about your Face to Face surveys:
-Tell me about a time when you got rejected. What made this difficult? How will you overcome this in the future?
-Was anyone rude to you? What did they do? If you were a financial advisor, would you revisit these people?

General Questions:
-Why should we spend 100K to train you?
-How much money do you see yourself making in 5 years? 10 years?
-for this question I used the estimates from the Edward Jones website

Hope this helps!

Let me know how it goes.

Ashley

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ed_Jones_2010FA in Portland, Oregon

56 months ago

Ashley and Danielle-

I just set up a facebook page for new FAs starting in 2010 for networking of ideas, tips, advice, etc. If you've been hired, you should join the group so that we can work on meeting more people. I graduated from college last year and am starting the Ed Jones program on March 15th.

56 months ago

Ashley,

Thanks for responding to my post. I just recieved my offer in the mail and my start date is March 29. I would love to do some networking once I get up and running.

Danielle

56 months ago

Ed_Jones_2010FA in Portland, Oregon said: Ashley and Danielle-

I just set up a facebook page for new FAs starting in 2010 for networking of ideas, tips, advice, etc. If you've been hired, you should join the group so that we can work on meeting more people. I graduated from college last year and am starting the Ed Jones program on March 15th.

I will join your facebook page. I was going to start the 15th but I needed to give at least a 2 week notice in my current position. I am starting on the 29th. Lets do some networking. Good luck while studying for your Series 7.

eaglesmoney in Saint Louis, Missouri

54 months ago

Ed_Jones_2010FA in Portland, Oregon said: Ashley and Danielle-

Wasn't this group removed yet by Jones? I just got an email about this the other day and laughed, but I know Jones was against your group.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.