PASS Program

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

TLaPlant in MLPS, Minnesota

63 months ago

has anyone here been through the PASS program? I have been advised to do so after I had gone through the interview process. I am for sure doing it, I just wanted some feedback from others who have gone through it. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

NewFAwithExperience in St Louis, Missouri

56 months ago

Have you obtained your licensing as yet? If not, and you are willing to relocate to St. Louis or Tempe for 10 months, I would say definitely go ahead. It is a great program, but please be advised that this is a serious sales job and you have to be willing to "drink the kool-aid" because Jones will feed you plenty of it. PASS in a nutshell will build confidence, systems and product knowledge, and most importantly SALES knowledge. You are a salesman much more than a financial advisor. Their methods are a bit 1950s, but it's a technique that can work if you truly put in the effort and don't kid yourself about the numbers. If you are easily molded and influenced by whatever you believe to be the best, then Jones is a great fit and you will, and I really do mean that you will find a great deal of success with them! Good luck to all those reading this post and considering the PASS program. (which I happened to turn down a while back).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Fernandezrafael in Sayreville, New Jersey

56 months ago

NEW FA, Can you tell me about the PASS program.. I received an EJ offer recently, have not officially accepted, but will do so, once I can negotiate a starting date.. as of now, they got me slated for october 2009, however I would like to start in Dec or January..

BOOMER SOONER in Anna, Texas

56 months ago

Great questions! I'm glad you asked! I just recently finished PASS. I started in November last year. Was it worth it? You bet. I would be willing to bet everyone in PASS agrees. I was in the last group to go the full length. PASS has changed speeds dramatically. About 6 months is what you're looking at max. You should expect to be put in awkward situations and speak in front of people. Their goal is to give you the resources to develop product knowledge and learn the system. I came out of PASS and took over an 8 mill book, branch, and a vet sr. boa (i realize how fortunate i am). Others have gone out and taken over as much as 42 million dollar branches, some get goodknight opportunities, some come out new new. Make very sure this job is for you. If you are lucky enough to get to go through PASS, I highly suggest you buy some today!!! ERRRRRRR I mean take advatage of the opportunity. If you have any direct questions about PASS leave your email address and I will email you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Fernandezrafael in Sayreville, New Jersey

56 months ago

boomer, sounds like you had a good experience with pass, and came out with a running start (8 Mil under your belt)..

Please email me at fernandezrafael007@gmail.com.. just want to see if PASS would be right for me, and how long you are in the program.. I know i could be successful in this business, but would be nice to get a jump start..

thanks

rafael

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Narvaez in Sacramento, California

52 months ago

Hello BOOMER, I will have my f2f interview on wed 12/23/09 and I'm wondering if you can share your PASS experience.

If you can e-mail me at leehawk3@yahoo.com
What is the percentage of getting/taking over a book and do you have to use/relocate to that office?

Thank you
Narvaez

johnnybegood in New York, New York

52 months ago

Is the PASS program what you enter while studying for the s7 and s66?

Why do you have to move to St. Louis for 10 months?

Maybe I don't know enough, I just applied.

CB78 in kansas city, Missouri

52 months ago

Hello All!

I just completed my behaviorial interview and have been notified that I am moving to the next steps.

At what point in the process do I discuss options for the PASS program or discuss GoodKinght opportunities?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dburgett in Des Moines, Iowa

51 months ago

Hey I just got done with my background check and have discussed PASS with my interviewer a couple times and he feels it would be a good fit. Can you send me an e-mail with all of the kinds of things you did with it and why you felt it was so great or why it was such a great fit for you.

Thanks

Dburgett in Des Moines, Iowa

51 months ago

That was directed to BOOMER SOONER

eaglesmoney in Saint Louis, Missouri

48 months ago

Dburgett in Des Moines, Iowa said: Hey I just got done with my background check and have discussed PASS with my interviewer a couple times and he feels it would be a good fit. Can you send me an e-mail with all of the kinds of things you did with it and why you felt it was so great or why it was such a great fit for you.

Thanks

If you are studying now or are going traditional, etc, I would guarantee that you would feel better off than traditional program. It's really night and day. However, PASS will never be for everyone because many can't just move their lives to STL or Tempe for 7-8 months (that's how long after the study process of 2 months)

ahaler1 in Wantagh, New York

43 months ago

hi Boomer,

I was hoping to ask you a couple of questions. ahaler1@gmail.com

Jeff in Addison, Illinois

35 months ago

hello I am considering entering the PASS program myself and I was wondering if they have a screening process (background check, credit history, drug test etc.) for the PASS program itself or they wait to do that until you have finished the program and are moving on to your branch

Kristie in Lodi, California

30 months ago

BOOMER SOONER in Anna, Texas said: Great questions! I'm glad you asked! I just recently finished PASS. I started in November last year. Was it worth it? You bet. I would be willing to bet everyone in PASS agrees. I was in the last group to go the full length. PASS has changed speeds dramatically. About 6 months is what you're looking at max. You should expect to be put in awkward situations and speak in front of people. Their goal is to give you the resources to develop product knowledge and learn the system. I came out of PASS and took over an 8 mill book, branch, and a vet sr. boa (i realize how fortunate i am). Others have gone out and taken over as much as 42 million dollar branches, some get goodknight opportunities, some come out new new. Make very sure this job is for you. If you are lucky enough to get to go through PASS, I highly suggest you buy some today!!! ERRRRRRR I mean take advatage of the opportunity. If you have any direct questions about PASS leave your email address and I will email you.

Hi Anna,

Will you please e-mail me about PASS. I was recently offered into PASS and I am not sure if I am going to take it or not yet. My email is kanagnos88@hotmail.com. Thank you!!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.