Questions about Edward Jones Surveying/Business plan.

Comments (3)

Fidelis01027 in Massachusetts

18 months ago

I spent around 5-6 hours yesterday knocking on about a total of 75 places (both businesses and residences combined). Due to being in the process of finishing another job while battling some medical stuff, it's been easier said than done to accomplish as much as I've intended. However, I think that is something I can work around.

The first part of my concerns with the Survey part of this process is that with businesses it's pretty straight forward, I initially got some hesitance from business owners but when I explained that I am surveying and not selling, their concerns were rather easily alleviated.

With that said though, I know there's a big aspect of the surveying that encourages, or better yet requires that we talk to residences too. Out of my quality contacts thus far, I got five residences that gave complete information. The only caveat I am facing is the idea of trying to alleviate residents in town about the fact that this isn't a sales related trip to their house I am making. I am merely just surveying and trying to see if my desire to open a business is conducive to the location I am looking to work in.

My biggest hurdle has definitely been residences, I've read the script and I've had no problems taking no for an answer but at the same time, I also am trying to clear up any misconceptions individuals that I door knock that this isn't a sales pitch. But with that said, I got to thinking, I was concerned and maybe I've missed something in the email but when I was sent the survey/business plan email I was told it would have to be done in a week. Does that mean I'll be doing the 25 quality contacts per day like a new FA would? Also, these names I collect, are they going to be used by the company in any way, shape or form. As the survey says for question 7 "Do I have permission to contact you?" but at the same time, would EJ still have a prerogative to call these individuals once I send this documentation? (Part 1 of 2)

Fidelis01027 in Massachusetts

18 months ago

I only ask because since we are to inform these customers that this just a survey and not a solicitation, I run into some issues. With the folks that just say no, that's easy you can just walk away and have no worries because they were not interested in the first place. With the ones that are interested in talking to you and decide to give you their name and all the answers to the other 6 questions when it comes to question 7, asking for their phone number, it just gets a little trying and awkward. Especially since I'm not an Edward Jones employee as of yet. And I have nothing official to vouch for that. Some folks even mentioned they were willing to reconsider if they had contact information from me but since I have nothing to show for that or to give them peace of mind that we won't sell their personal information, I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place.

The FA that referred me to EJ is no longer in the area, and I am just wondering since I have until Thursday to submit my business plan and survey (I have questions on the business plan but I'll submit that for another topic), should I talk to either the replacement FA for that branch or look up another Edward Jones location locally to get more guidance? Also for those who have door knocked what do you think is the best time to start and best time to stop? Thanks in advance for any help and pardon the excessive verbosity. (Part 2 of 2)

Cohoma in Scituate, Massachusetts

18 months ago

I am just getting started with my business plan and survey. Did you get a response?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.