Time off at Edward Jones

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

workrb in Bloomfield, Connecticut

55 months ago

How much time off are you able to take during the first couple of years, or even during training. Do you just have to produce, or do you have to ask permission to take time off?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Vensik in Virginia

55 months ago

In the end it is your business that you are building, and success is dependent on the effort you put into it. I will be in KYC in a week, so I cannot say what the first few years will be like. However I'm sure there are sales goals expected, and then there are goals that are required if you would like to continue to have a job. In the end, in this business the first couple of years are the crucial part. You don't want to be taking alot of time off during them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sosuccessful in New York, New York

55 months ago

Vensik in Virginia said: In the end it is your business that you are building, and success is dependent on the effort you put into it. I will be in KYC in a week, so I cannot say what the first few years will be like. However I'm sure there are sales goals expected, and then there are goals that are required if you would like to continue to have a job. In the end, in this business the first couple of years are the crucial part. You don't want to be taking alot of time off during them.

Vensik how long did it take you to hear back after F2F? How was the 7?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

workrb in Bloomfield, Connecticut

55 months ago

My question is really directed to EDJ people that have worked there at least 3 years. I have not heard anything in these forums regarding average weeks of vacation. I did see a comment on one forum from someone who was fired for taking a couple of weeks time off without permission. Therefore there must be some sort of average and not left up to each person to decide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sosuccessful in New York, New York

55 months ago

Vensik in Mechanicsville, Virginia said: I guess it took about 3 days to hear back from my F2F back in November. Once you are in though, I have found Jones to be one of the most supportive companies I have ever worked for. From someone who has been in the financial field for 7 years and through several companies. As soon as I was hired, my phone started ringing with other FA's in my state just wanting to get to know me, see who I was, offer any support. I have been to 3 dinners with other FA's just to talk about the business and have been attending several new FA gatherings in my area so far.

Edward Jones will prepare you well for the 7. If you are self motivated enough to stay on track with the calendar they provide you for your studying, you will do fine.

Thank you so much for replying. Im walking on egg shells. I interviewed Tuesday morning. Nothing yet. Congrats on the offer. I hope I can join the family soon. Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

doorknocker4success in Denver, Colorado

48 months ago

Vensik in Mechanicsville, Virginia said: I guess it took about 3 days to hear back from my F2F back in November. Once you are in though, I have found Jones to be one of the most supportive companies I have ever worked for. From someone who has been in the financial field for 7 years and through several companies. As soon as I was hired, my phone started ringing with other FA's in my state just wanting to get to know me, see who I was, offer any support. I have been to 3 dinners with other FA's just to talk about the business and have been attending several new FA gatherings in my area so far.

Edward Jones will prepare you well for the 7. If you are self motivated enough to stay on track with the calendar they provide you for your studying, you will do fine.

I noticed that you left a comment awhile ago, and I wanted to find out how are you doing? How is the door knocking, and how much do you have to sell per month? I realize in 120 days you have to sell $2,250. Were you able to reach that goal? Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Vensik in Virginia

47 months ago

doorknocker4success in Denver, Colorado said: I noticed that you left a comment awhile ago, and I wanted to find out how are you doing? How is the door knocking, and how much do you have to sell per month? I realize in 120 days you have to sell $2,250. Were you able to reach that goal? Thank you

If you walk the walk, put the time in, you will be fine.

I made over the $2,250 my first selling month. My fourth selling month, 120 days, closed on Tuesday. I am well over 12k gross. My office search has been turned on and they are talking to local Realtor's for my office location.

None of my opinions of Jones have changed. It is still the best firm to work for in the industry, actually according to Fortune its the second best company to work for in the US.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

doorknocker4success in Denver, Colorado

47 months ago

Great information! Glad to hear that you are doing well. I am currenlty studying for the series 7. Do you have any tips for passing this exam?
Thank you for your ideas!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Chicago, Illinois

39 months ago

How is time off for the BOA's? If it is only you and the FA in the office.. what is done for back up when you have to be out of work? Do you ever have the option of working at home

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.